Jamie carragher

hammer93

it was annoying me the other night,, used to look forward to MNF with Nevilles take on all the weekend games

dont think i will be watching as much with Carragher on it

as somebody said in the other thread about it, why have 2 defenders on it, if they wanted to change it they should have a midfielder or forward as the 2nd pundit to offer up a different view of situations

i dont think it needed changing at all though

Don't understand why football programmes always have to have ex-players. I've watched MOTD for countless years and can't remember a single fucking insight to come from Shearer, Lawrenson, Hansen or any other joke they have on.

Far better to have a football writer (or similar) who knows what the fuck is actually going on and can string an intelligent observation together, and have only one ex-pro on to please any idiot kids who relate to their point of view.

Don't understand why football programmes always have to have ex-players. I've watched MOTD for countless years and can't remember a single fucking insight to come from Shearer, Lawrenson, Hansen or any other joke they have on.

Far better to have a football writer (or similar) who knows what the fuck is actually going on and can string an intelligent observation together, and have only one ex-pro on to please any idiot kids who relate to their point of view.

Yeah always used to love watching the Italian football with James Richardson. Balague and Marcotti are class aswell. There's a programme on bt sport with different sports writers on that's pretty decent too name escapes me though

The three you have mentioned are absolutely awful, why is mark Lawresnson even there? He isn't even a personality he is a complete boring cunt, a complete negative presence and one that should have been gone long ago. Honestly BBC sort it fucking out

The three you have mentioned are absolutely awful, why is mark Lawresnson even there? He isn't even a personality he is a complete boring cunt, a complete negative presence and one that should have been gone long ago. Honestly BBC sort it fucking out

He must surely only be there because of Hansen's say so. He was hardly a legendary player in his own right, and only had 39 appearances for the ROI in ten years '77-'87. Not great.

He also writes a regular Preston North End column for the University of Central Lancashire's Students' Union newspaper, Pluto, and a weekly column for the Liverpool Daily Post newspaper.

If those are the only two publications he's writing for, that's telling in itself.

He must surely only be there because of Hansen's say so. He was hardly a legendary player in his own right, and only had 39 appearances for the ROI in ten years '77-'87. Not great.

If those are the only two publications he's writing for, that's telling in itself.

I don't see what people Mark Lawrenson can possibly appeal to? I am 26 so there are a lot of younger viewers than me and I don't remember him as a player. Fair enough keep him on if there is a purpose but what does he offer that anyone else couldn't? I shudder to think what sort of money he is on. Alen Hansen fair enough was a good player and at least a unique pundit but again he's been there a long time and is still a pretty old player as I also don't remember him playing. I think Lee Dixon is half decent for the BBC although a lot of others don't. Shearer is alright but nothing special. I think these guys need to take a leaf out of Gary Nevilles book and that's for sure, certainly not a person that's only in it for the money!! Maybe there just isn't anyone else out there.

I don't see what people Mark Lawrenson can possibly appeal to? I am 26 so there are a lot of younger viewers than me and I don't remember him as a player. Fair enough keep him on if there is a purpose but what does he offer that anyone else couldn't? I shudder to think what sort of money he is on. Alen Hansen fair enough was a good player and at least a unique pundit but again he's been there a long time and is still a pretty old player as I also don't remember him playing. I think Lee Dixon is half decent for the BBC although a lot of others don't. Shearer is alright but nothing special. I think these guys need to take a leaf out of Gary Nevilles book and that's for sure, certainly not a person that's only in it for the money!! Maybe there just isn't anyone else out there.

At least they're promoting Danny Murphy.

They could also turn to the few intellectually capable ex-footballers out there like Graeme Le Saux. :matron: