Th Best Away Keeper For Banter

Rangers Lady

Hugh Sproat of Ayr United by a mile.

In the 70s we had to play Ayr away and if we won the game we'd virtually won the league.

We won the game 5-0. I was stood behind the goal we were attacking 2nd half. By that time we were well ahead. Sproat was in his usually green against us. (He did the blue kit against cellik). We were singing "We are the champions" the whole second half and he was singing along, and conducting us most of the time. When Ayr gave the ball away he'd turn round and wave his hands in mock exacerbation at us, smiling. After the fifth he turned to us and indicated with a gesture it was time for a pint.

A real character, not so many around these days, especially on the park.

Henry Smith was Hearts? or was there two or did he play for both?

The Hearts Smith I'm told, Budgie was the Hibs guy , means nothing too me, Should have said no bheasts ! ! HATED boruc, seen Vids of Ian Andrews,,,, I Like his style

Hugh Sproat of Ayr United by a mile.

In the 70s we had to play Ayr away and if we won the game we'd virtually won the league.

We won the game 5-0. I was stood behind the goal we were attacking 2nd half. By that time we were well ahead. Sproat was in his usually green against us. (He did the blue kit against cellik). We were singing "We are the champions" the whole second half and he was singing along, and conducting us most of the time. When Ayr gave the ball away he'd turn round and wave his hands in mock exacerbation at us, smiling. After the fifth he turned to us and indicated with a gesture it was time for a pint.

A real character, not so many around these days, especially on the park.

Aye mate (tu)

"Oh Sproat the loony, Sprout, Sprout, Sprout, Sprout the loony" :lol:

Davie Wylie at Morton during a 3-3 (?) Scottish cup tie at Cappielow in the mid 80s - he took absolute pelters and snowballs off his bonce for the whole 45 mins with a smile on his face. Well, maybe not a smile, but fair play all the same.

*my tv debut as well- my wee legs over the Dublin End wall on Scotsport. :thumbup: