Ibrox tv camera gantry

My brother in law (a spurs fan from Bristol) had watched a few games on TV with me when i'm down there and caught the odd old firm game over time.

But the first time I took him to Ibrox his first words when he seen the main stand from inside was "Wholly Fuck!! they dont show that on the TV!!"

He had no idea the main stand was so big and had 3 levels, said it was the most impressive stand he's seen when full.

Next game he asked if we could go sit in the CD, he loved every minute of being up there

I think there is some credence in the post about the sun being a factor. Plus when the original gantry was set up directly above the tunnel there was no easy way doing it on the opposite side.

This thread has also made me realise how the tarriers were fly yet again moving the camera gantry from the old Jungle to their main stand when they rebuilt their mhidden - anyone who didn't know any better would think that dump is a lot bigger than it actually is, as the cameras point towards the biggest stand and you don't see the size of the main stand and the wee meccano corners attached to it.

7203371228_28553ba14b_o.jpg

That's too low. The main camera showing games isn't in the main stand gantry, it's the one that hangs from the club deck. I hate watching coverage when the camera is too low!

I think there is some credence in the post about the sun being a factor. Plus when the original gantry was set up directly above the tunnel there was no easy way doing it on the opposite side.

This thread has also made me realise how the tarriers were fly yet again moving the camera gantry from the old Jungle to their main stand when they rebuilt their mhidden - anyone who didn't know any better would think that dump is a lot bigger than it actually is, as the cameras point towards the biggest stand and you don't see the size of the main stand and the wee meccano corners attached to it.

Right enough mate, there may be an issue in the winter months when the sun only rises so high. I was working on the new southern general hospital for 15 months a mile from Ibrox, and yes maybe the glare would be an issue. I'd Still like to see the cameras on the Govan if it was possible.