Ibrox tv camera gantry

Looking on the official Rangers website today at the photographs of the main stand, the best in the world in my opinion, got me wondering why we don't move the gantry on to the Govan stand. I realise there are more pressing issues at present but I was curious what others bears thought of this?

Unfortunately it's written into the contracts that the media must be given seats as near to the half way line as possible.

certain elements of the media should only be allowed a seat on a taxi the fuck out of Ibrox :lol:

I agree, my first memory of inside ibrox was looking and thinking how fantastic our main stand is, and my dutch father(an avid PSV fan) said he had never seen anythin like it...tht would b a welcome change, along with moving the blue order to behind the goals, so tht evry1 can join in

I thought the cameras still looked onto the Govan. Just thinking that since we have the best stand in world football we might as well show it off.

I think that's a great idea, it would also take away the awful sight of the away corner just about. I think you should officially ask the club, let us know how you get on.

There are camera hides in all 4 stands. The gantry allows cameramen and journalists to move into the tunnel and press room for interviews. When I was at the Newscastlle game I was right next to the directors box and all the journos and cameramen were constantly turning towards Green and co. Also spotted Bomber Brown and Archie Knox amongst the VIP.

I suppose you'd need an engineer to design some sort of cantilever steel structure and anchor it in the existing concrete one but then I'm no engineer.

It's definately worth an idea but i'm sure someone in Rangers have thought about it, maybe there is a bigger issue, after all why would you not want to show off the best main stand in modern football

I think there's lots of cameras at matches these days, but the majority of the match is viewed from the Gantry.

It's certainly worth investigating as it's a wonderful sight to behold.

A strange sense of pride fills me up when looking at it.

Well, some folks are easily pleased lol.

I think there's lots of cameras at matches these days, but the majority of the match is viewed from the Gantry.

It's certainly worth investigating as it's a wonderful sight to behold.

A strange sense of pride fills me up when looking at it.

Well, some folks are easily pleased lol.

Exactly mate, it echos of legends of the past and give first viewers a sense of the history of this great institution.

Won't be done I'm afraid.

My brother does freelance work for the TV companies and they say they want the main cameras pointing north or east if possible because of the sun. Obviously not possible in some smaller grounds but there's no way they'd move established north-facing facilities.