Am I the only one happy for Ally?.....Naw

I, like most, have had my doubts about Ally as a gaffer, I still do in some ways. However, tonight was marvellous, and I pray for more of this to come.

All I really wanted to say was this - I just re-watched all the goals from this evening and what I absolutely adored, what made me feel so happy, was seeing how much every goal meant to the gaffer. Every goal was followed by a slow-mo of Ally absolutely delighted, punching the air, celebrating with the players and the staff. He looked proud and he looked simply in his element. As my boyhood hero, it hurts me to see him struggle as a manager, so seeing him like this just makes me so happy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13kgh1_5-0-law_sport

Particularly seeing him, massive smile on his coupon with the Rangers support behind him celebrating 40 seconds into this video (if someone can embed the video that'd be great), gives me shivers. It makes me think 'hell, maybe one day Ally could be lording it as we score yet another goal to down whatever random European opposition come to Ibrox. Maybe. Not a time to get ahead of ourselves but perhaps, on the pitch, we're on the right road.

A great night (tu)

His own team is now on the park. Time for all to get behind Ally and the team. I really do think with the strength and depth we have this season we will take 10 goals off a team this season, I really do believe that will happen.There is a new sense of urgency going forward and the players look fresh and ready for it.

His own team is now on the park. Time for all to get behind Ally and the team. I really do think with the strength and depth we have this season we will take 10 goals off a team this season, I really do believe that will happen.There is a new sense of urgency going forward and the players look fresh and ready for it.

If we had no other players to come into the team, I might argue with that, when you look at the players we are going to see in sept, its frightening for the opposition.

Our world record holding team did well. Ally, the coaches and the players are all one. It's a team game. Credit where it is due... good performance. Now lets count the posters who mention wages, part time players and plumbers.... give the tarrier lurkers a semi why don't you?

Naw , it should be expected ,. Playing a fuckin pub team . I just remember ally and durrant when they played for us but cringe when I see durrant high 5 on the touch line as I really don't think he adds value to the coaching ethos

I get what your saying n yes it should be expected, but at the end of the day doe any of us know really what Durrant does at training ? I would say no. The way I look at it is,the whole team and coaching team will stand or fall together with the results this season. For me im liking what im seeing so far.

I, like most, have had my doubts about Ally as a gaffer, I still do in some ways. However, tonight was marvellous, and I pray for more of this to come.

All I really wanted to say was this - I just re-watched all the goals from this evening and what I absolutely adored, what made me feel so happy, was seeing how much every goal meant to the gaffer. Every goal was followed by a slow-mo of Ally absolutely delighted, punching the air, celebrating with the players and the staff. He looked proud and he looked simply in his element. As my boyhood hero, it hurts me to see him struggle as a manager, so seeing him like this just makes me so happy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13kgh1_5-0-law_sport

Particularly seeing him, massive smile on his coupon with the Rangers support behind him celebrating 40 seconds into this video (if someone can embed the video that'd be great), gives me shivers. It makes me think 'hell, maybe one day Ally could be lording it as we score yet another goal to down whatever random European opposition come to Ibrox. Maybe. Not a time to get ahead of ourselves but perhaps, on the pitch, we're on the right road.

A great night (tu)

Think you completely reiterate my feelings. I too had my doubts about Ally last season. And tho its early doors yet I'm glad he's proving me wrong.

Despite some saying we were just against Ally, we're not. My biggest concern was Rangers , not Ally. If he proves me wrong, and so far he is, I will be a happy man to eat my words.

Keep it up Ally. This is what I was expecting last year.

He's stilled constrained with this fucking stupid embargo, what happens next week when he can't play Law n Daly and we draw or worse, I love the fact people are getting behind him on the back of a good (fantastic) result, but ffs get behind him if he falls a little too. This time of building is for the manager as well as the players. Sorry for being negative in this post but some of the shit I've read about Ally here recently you'd think it was fucking kerryfail st.

It's nowhere near over yet mate, hence why I'm making the most of it.

It's a sad day when folk mention Rangers to you and it's about Mather etc.

I agree. Far too much boardroom politics. We have young players who have the potential to become Rangers legends. They could help us excel. I hope their names will be enshrined in Rangers history. They are our future. That's where it is at for me.

Tonight was a great game, we looked hungry for the first time since we were demoted. I especially liked how, at 6-0 up, we we're still looking for goals, right up to the final whistle.

This is by far the best we have played since last summer at least.

Having said all that, I am slightly cringing at the reaction on here.

It's one game vs Airdrie. One game in more than a full season.

Two or three games after being *knocked out of the league cup in the very first round*.

It was a good game, and a good win, I'm happy tonight - but I'm not getting carried away. Only a sustained series of similar performances (performances, not results) for weeks and months would really put my mind at rest about Ally (and even then question marks hang over his ability at a higher level, and that of his staff).

Happy & cautiously optimistic, with perhaps pessimistic/realistic considerations.

Really this wasnt a thread to say - its all perfect now. It was to say im fucking delighted to see my hero, our gaffer, relishing every goal.

As for the negative nellies, you can only beat what's put in front of you. The Champions of our country just got thoroughly taken to bits by a 'pub team' in a champions league qualifier. So ol be quite content with our win. It was stylish and we looked fit and hungry. Can't ask for more than that, though some simply will.