The Clydebank fans singing "you're not Rangers anymore" to us last night

GOAT

Actually an interesting wee thread as a comparison to the way 3 seperate clubs were/are treated and why.

Clydebank didn't go into admin, or out of business or whatever but were actually purchased by Airdrie Utd and moved to Airdrie, there name was susequently changed to Airdrie Utd and then to Airdrieonians. There is a club called Clydebank in the junior leagues, wonder if there fans were/are the original fans of the Bankies?

Airdrieonians went out of business bought Clydebank etc but interestingly during last nights commentary constant reference was made to previous meetings between the sides e.g. last 6-0 was in 1963, Rangers winning was 100% victory against Airdrie etc. I have always considered them the same club as before as do obviously BT Sport, when in reality they are basically Clydebank, in much the same way as Livingston as basically Meadowbank Thistle.

Then Rangers, obviously the same club, strip, stadium, history, staff etc BUT despite official confirmation from almost every relevant body involved, certain elements of the Scottish mhedia still push the 'new club' in their opinion pish to suit their bhigoted aghenda. Then contradict themselves with their blind, irrational hatred of the 'new' 3rd tier club.

Only in Scotland.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually an interesting wee thread as a comparison to the way 3 seperate clubs were/are treated and why.

Clydebank didn't go into admin, or out of business or whatever but were actually purchased by Airdrie Utd and moved to Airdrie, there name was susequently changed to Airdrie Utd and then to Airdrieonians. There is a club called Clydebank in the junior leagues, wonder if there fans were/are the original fans of the Bankies?

Airdrieonians went out of business bought Clydebank etc but interestingly during last nights commentary constant reference was made to previous meetings between the sides e.g. last 6-0 was in 1963, Rangers winning was 100% victory against Airdrie etc. I have always considered them the same club as before as do obviously BT Sport, when in reality they are basically Clydebank, in much the same way as Livingston as basically Meadowbank Thistle.

Then Rangers, obviously the same club, strip, stadium, history, staff etc BUT despite official confirmation from almost every relevant body involved, certain elements of the Scottish mhedia still push the 'new club' in their opinion pish to suit their bhigoted aghenda. Then contradict themselves with their blind, irrational hatred of the 'new' 3rd tier club.

Only in Scotland.....

Great post mate and exactly the point I was trying to get across I don't see how it couldn't have worked for us only the twigs would go on about the new club pish if we did go down the Airdrie route

Airdrie United/Rebranded Aidreionians are not the same club.

They are Clydebank rebranded. They hold the SFA/SFL share that Clydebank had.

AFC Wimbledon aren't allowed to be Wimbledon - because Milton Keynes Dons bought their club.

We hold the SFA share that Rangers have always had, and always will have. That's why they forced us to bend over backwards and take an illegal transfer embargo for this share - because among other things it was the only way to keep our club.

Why would the bheasts care about Airdrie?

They love to peddle the hate on Airdrie because it is a traditionally Prod town and most Airdrieonians/United fans have Rangers leanings. Much in the same way they claim that Albion Rovers fans love them due to the Coatbridge/Ireland connection when in reality the majority of Rovers fans couldn't give a toss either way!

Airdrie United/Rebranded Aidreionians are not the same club.

They are Clydebank rebranded. They hold the SFA/SFL share that Clydebank had.

AFC Wimbledon aren't allowed to be Wimbledon - because Milton Keynes Dons bought their club.

We hold the SFA share that Rangers have always had, and always will have. That's why they forced us to bend over backwards and take an illegal transfer embargo for this share - because among other things it was the only way to keep our club.

That's not quite as cut and dried as that. AFC Wimbledon's Wiki entry has the following.

'In October 2006, an agreement was reached between Milton Keynes Dons F.C., the MK Dons Supporters Association, the Wimbledon Independent Supporters Association and the Football Supporters Federation.....It was also agreed that any reference made to Milton Keynes Dons F.C. should refer only to events after 7 August 2004, the date of the first league match played as Milton Keynes Dons...... The replica trophies and Wimbledon F.C. memorabilia were returned to Merton on 2 August 2007.[56]'

Neither AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons claim Wimbledon FC's trophies.

I'm sure there would have been an entirely different reaction from the ECA, SFA and Lord Nimmo Smith had CG's consortium 'bought' Kilmarnocks SPL share, I'm pretty sure the SPL would have vetoed this anyway.

They love to peddle the hate on Airdrie because it is a traditionally Prod town and most Airdrieonians/United fans have Rangers leanings. Much in the same way they claim that Albion Rovers fans love them due to the Coatbridge/Ireland connection when in reality the majority of Rovers fans couldn't give a toss either way!

Didn't know that, can't say Airdrieonians have ever struck me as particularly pro Rangers I'm pretty glad I don't live in Scotland anymore its a minefield lol.

The bitter and twisted will always look at us and see a new club, thing is can you include an Airdrie fan in that category for singing a windup on the terraces, I'm going to call them Airdrie fans cause the essence is there, even though its not unbroken like our history.

Only in Scotland.....

The filth on the Gherald still push the New Rangers shore by quoting Scots Corporate law , football organisations as we all know don't ever recognise law see Illegal Transfer Ban still stand.

Cnuts the filth ,talk about cake and eat it.

Some Newcastle fan pointed all this out to them and it all went quiet.

Funny that eh?

Only in Scotland.....

Airdrie Utd bought the assets of Clydebank off the administrators. This included their history and league share and pretty much nothing else at that point.

Serious question, from memory didn't Airdrie buy Clydebank, change the name and move them to Airdrie. So who exactly are this 'Clydebank' team, do they have any link to the Clydebank side that was in SPL and played at Kilbowie at all? Where do they play and at what level, is it junior?

other way way about knob jocky

All 100 of them

:D

Average these days is maybe 800 - 900. Fell away a bit when they left old Broomfield and spent about four years up the road at Broadwood. Even after that there was around 1400 - 1500 for a while, the crowds have dwindled as the team has struggled.

it's a shame because they built a good wee stadium when the SPL criteria was for 10,000 seats and they have never managed to get back up to the top division. Friday night was only the second time it's been full, the only other time was when the tarriers came out here in the League Cup just after the ground was opened.

Interesting that Airdrie are a different company, don't hold the 'original' Airdrie share and are basically Clydebank under a new name BUT there is a distinct absence of teeth gnashing and foaming at the mouth, coupled with remarks about 'being deid','zombies','tribute acts' etc. They, quite rightly, imho still consider the current incarnation to be a continuance of the original club formed back in the 1870's, so who is anyone else to say otherwise?

Clydebank, well they are basically Airdrie, the team we played last week in Yoker I assume consider themselves to be the same 'Bankies' who played in the Scottish Premier League at Kilbowie, they patently aren't but what harm are they doing believing so?

Contrast the bhigoted, sectarian hatred, bile/lies and barrage of complaints from fans who chant support for child murderers and who's club covered up child rape...penntic fc...scummy faux oirish, plastic paddy cunts.

WE FIGHT FOR OUR HISTORY.....YOU ATTEMPT TO HIDE YOURS!!!!!

PENN STATE JUSTICE FOR RA'SELLICK.

Interesting that Airdrie are a different company, don't hold the 'original' Airdrie share and are basically Clydebank under a new name BUT there is a distinct absence of teeth gnashing and foaming at the mouth, coupled with remarks about 'being deid','zombies','tribute acts' etc. They, quite rightly, imho still consider the current incarnation to be a continuance of the original club formed back in the 1870's, so who is anyone else to say otherwise?

Clydebank, well they are basically Airdrie, the team we played last week in Yoker I assume consider themselves to be the same 'Bankies' who played in the Scottish Premier League at Kilbowie, they patently aren't but what harm are they doing believing so?

Contrast the bhigoted, sectarian hatred, bile/lies and barrage of complaints from fans who chant support for child murderers and who's club covered up child rape...penntic fc...scummy faux oirish, plastic paddy cunts.

WE FIGHT FOR OUR HISTORY.....YOU ATTEMPT TO HIDE YOURS!!!!!

PENN STATE JUSTICE FOR RA'SELLICK.

They don't consider it a continuation. I posted a link earlier on the thread where they acknowledge the original club on their official website.

Airdire are a completely different situation from us, there is no way we should of went down the Airdrie route..

Think about all 3 clubs.

Rangers FC > ownded by Rangers PLC > Rangers PLC go bust > Rangers FC bought by Newco PLC > Rangers FC continue

Clydebank FC > ownded by Clydebank PLC > Clydebank PLC go bust > Clydebank FC bought by Airdrie Utd PLC > name Changed to 'Airdrie Utd' FC and moved to Airdire > Name changed to 'Airdrioneans' > Clydebank FC (under new name of 'Airdrioneans') continue

Airdrioneans FC > owned by Airdrioneans PLC > Airdrioneans PLC goes bust > No buyer for Airdrioneans FC > Airdrioneans FC go out of business

Pretty sure we didnt miss any boat.. I'd much rather be supporting THE Rangers in Div 3, League 1 or where ever, instead of supporting another team in the SPL who have changed their name to 'Rangers'

P.s with regards to the on going debate about Airdrie fans leanings, I know a pretty large group of Airdrie fans and each one of them hate us! Maybe not quite as much as they hate the dhims but they still hate us too. They all suffer from wee team syndrome, but to be fair this is a younger generation of Airdrie fans (20-25), maybe the older generation are different, but in my expereince the only Rangers connection is that of genuine Rangers fans from Airdrie who have a soft spot for their local team. I've yet to meet a genuine Airdrie fan with a soft spot for Rangers.

Airdire are a completely different situation from us, there is no way we should of went down the Airdrie route..

Think about all 3 clubs.

Rangers FC > ownded by Rangers PLC > Rangers PLC go bust > Rangers FC bought by Newco PLC > Rangers FC continue

Clydebank FC > ownded by Clydebank PLC > Clydebank PLC go bust > Clydebank FC bought by Airdrie Utd PLC > name Changed to 'Airdrie Utd' FC and moved to Airdire > Name changed to 'Airdrioneans' > Clydebank FC (under new name of 'Airdrioneans') continue

Airdrioneans FC > owned by Airdrioneans PLC > Airdrioneans PLC goes bust > No buyer for Airdrioneans FC > Airdrioneans FC go out of business

Pretty sure we didnt miss any boat.. I'd much rather be supporting THE Rangers in Div 3, League 1 or where ever, instead of supporting another team in the SPL who have changed their name to 'Rangers'

P.s with regards to the on going debate about Airdrie fans leanings, I know a pretty large group of Airdrie fans and each one of them hate us! Maybe not quite as much as they hate the dhims but they still hate us too. They all suffer from wee team syndrome, but to be fair this is a younger generation of Airdrie fans (20-25), maybe the older generation are different, but in my expereince the only Rangers connection is that of genuine Rangers fans from Airdrie who have a soft spot for their local team. I've yet to meet a genuine Airdrie fan with a soft spot for Rangers.

Going back a few years to the old Broomfield and the original Airdrieonians....when they were in old Scottish Premier Division there were always plenty of Union flags within 'Section B' , iirc they were always regarded as 'Rangers-lite' along with Hearts, Dundee in much the same way as Hibs, Dundee Hibs were xlassed as having 'sellick' sympathies, I honestly don't know about now, but based on last summer none of them can now be considered as 'Rangers' friendly.

Think about all 3 clubs.

I think it may well be a generation thing, the Airdrie fans I know are a lot older than 20-25 and have been very sympathetic about our situation. These are guys I know through my kids' schools, and the Boys Brigade, we have a lot in common.