Family hospitality

I've taken the wee man for lunch in Argyll House a couple of times when we have been up at ibrox buying tickets/strips etc. The view, whole experience was fantastic and I looked into prices/availability for match day hospitality for kids, maybe a birthdat treat or something like that.

I was amazed at the lack of options available and the prices quoted, from memory only 1 suite would let kids in on a match day and it was £50 a head. Anyway noticed that 'Family Hospitality' priced at a much more reasonable £50 adults/£20 kids opens this Saturday in the Govan East corner. I've already got tickets for BR on Satuday as a big group of us are going together but will definately be considering it for the Arbroath game on the 14th.

Basically, anyone on here going there this weekend or popped in for a look and can give us their opinion on the place?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/hospitality-events/matchday-hospitality/suites/item/4624-hospitality-family-suite-package

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote button doesn't seem to be working so....

Ive definately noticed a lot more kids/women/families at the matches since last season started, and I agree totally that a lot of people who pay £x don't want kids running around, but surely the whole point is having different options to suit different types of people. The expensive business/corporate type with canapes/wine etc...the groups of guys who go to Bar 72 etc...and the new 'Family suite' for families.

Anyone with kids will know how much birthday parties/days out etc can cost. Between local soft play areas/paint ball/go-karts/hiring 5-a-side pitches etc many of us must have spent a small fortune, 15 wee pals at £5 a head, plus party bags soon adds up. I'd much rather give my money to Rangers than some other random business.

I honestly believe that a lot of boys/girls of a certain age would prefer a 'special' day out at Ibrox as a birthday treat or any other special occasion. Once the weather turns colder as well it would definately be an option imo rather than not going at all because it's too cold/wet/dark to take a child.

As for prices etc, did anyone actually read what is included in the price? Taking a parent/child this saturday for comparison purposes. In BR it would be £17+£5 for tickets, add a programme and say £20 for snacks (on way to/from game and in the stadium) etc you aren't getting much change out of £50 anyway.

For just an extra £20 a buffet, programme, car parking etc are all included, personally I think t's not a bad deal.

On a side note, as good a job as the Louden Tavern have done since taking over the old 'stadium bar' surely the club missed a trick here? If they had bought the place or built an equivalent type facility housed within the stadium itself the money that the Louden takes every home game would be coming into the club itself.

I am looking into Hospitality for my wee Bear for her 10th birthday in September....home game is on the day before her birthday and this was her request for a birthday present as well as the full away strip so I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the info :) It's one to discuss on our shows to promote the hospitality more :)

Can I add to the negative responses here about people not wanting kids running around....in my experience working in hospitality, kids running around has never been an issue. Most kids behave very well and those that don't, the parents usually handle with great care.

Working weddings, racecourse hospitality and Hamdump, kids have rarely been the issue compared to unruly drunken adults.

@Sweettartangirl

My quote button not working, so thanks for a positive reply. I honestly can't believe all the negative responses on here. As you rightly point out drunken adults/businessman will be a far bigger problem for hospitality staff than kids, who lets be honest will almost certainly will be very well behaved or parents wouldn't take themat all. I know for a fact that when we go he will want to take at least one wee pal, and I know that there are certain pals I will veto as they couldn't be trusted to behave on the day.

Personally, I would have loved my dad to take me to Ibrox for a 'special' day out for my birthday, I know my wee boy will love it and I assume many other bear cubs will be the same.

There is also now the option of taking my wife and making a wee family day out of it, taking everythin into account it probably would work out much more expensive than the 3 of us going to the BR and say Pizza Hut pre/post match and the money is going direct to the club.

Hope your daughter enjoys her birthday treat, my wee boy is 10yo too, if it's Arbroath game you are talking about I may well see you there.

P.S. Have you clicked the link in the OP yet? Menus actually look pretty good e.g. pizza, curry, fish & chips all as a buffet.

Yes FSL, it looks great. I know my wee one will love it. She sits through matches no bother at all. She loves watching and pointing out her favourite players and seeing Broxi Bear so I know she will really enjoy doing this. The inclusions are worth the money in my opinion and as you say, better that it goes to Rangers than say pizza hut where you don't get much on offer for a day out. Despite many people's misconception of children, they aren't all whining babies. I see worse on here on a daily basis, haha

I actually quite like the 'stay in the lounge' after the match for an hour, lets be honest most weeks we spend about half an hour sitting in the car before we really get any great distance away from Ibrox. I suppose that's one of the disadvantages of staying to the final whistle every week, unlike some.

My mate is doing it at the weekend

I will let you know how he gets on

(He loves a swally)

Cheers mate.

Probably quite a few people would like to hear about the new 'family suite' and whether it's a good day out and value for money. I'll bump the thread over the weekend sometime for you.

Cheers mate.

Probably quite a few people would like to hear about the new 'family suite' and whether it's a good day out and value for money. I'll bump the thread over the weekend sometime for you.

It does look a bargain - there's four of them going, all ST holders, but just trying it for a change

From the pic it looks like it's in the old 'Ibrox Suite' which was taken off the hospitality brochure list last year.

Ibrox Suite was a cracker of an option for hospitality mind you, free bevvy and as many trips to the carvery as you could manage!

Good idea to use an area not currently available to generate more revenue I reckon, and it might get the 'adults' to try a more 'grown up' hospitality option for another game.

From the pic it looks like it's in the old 'Ibrox Suite' which was taken off the hospitality brochure list last year.

Ibrox Suite was a cracker of an option for hospitality mind you, free bevvy and as many trips to the carvery as you could manage!

Good idea to use an area not currently available to generate more revenue I reckon, and it might get the 'adults' to try a more 'grown up' hospitality option for another game.

Yeah, its defo in the Govan East corner/old Ibrox Suite.

Hopefully after Saturday we'll get a first hand review from someone who goes this weekend.

I'll keep an eye out for an update at weekend as I'm interested in this too. In April this years for my oldest boys 12th birthday we took the kids to Hamdump for the Queens Park game then back to Ibrox to the Argyle House for the carvery. It was a good day out but if this had been available at the time I reckon he'd have chosen hospitality for a game at Ibrox over going to Hamdump. I've never been to hospitality at Ibrox as I take my 2 boys to the games but would love to do this with them. We've been to the Argyle carvery with them several times & they really enjoy it. I might even treat them for my birthday!