Do you have to have a season ticket to be a true bear?

Skyson1872

Have kept mine going even though been away from Scotland for last six years and have only been to about less than ten live games in that time. Have a good seat in enclosure and want it when I come back. When not there my nephew uses it carrying on the tradition . Have mates here that don't have season tickets for various reasons. But like last night here at 2.45am watching the game on RTV with your mates before heading for a day in the office and being knackered all day, you realize what it means to be a bear whether you can get to Ibrox or not. It is in the heart and mind, not in the pocket or the wallet or wherever you keep your season ticket. All true bears make whatever effort they can make or afford. Real bears understand that, those that don't aren't worth it.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can all support from a far, but season ticket holders put their money in year in year out. Only season ticket holders are the true fans, if you love your club enough buy a season book, you live abroad then let the club rent it out for you and tell them to keep the profit. The club needs your money more than ever, saying your a fan just is not enough,

Nope, not for me.

What if someone goes to every home game they possibly can but buys his tickets as and when they become available and buys merchandise from official outlets and spends money in the food outlets and even buys Rising Stars every week? What if he goes to away games whenever possible and is a fully paid up member of an official Supporters Club. What if he eats, sleeps and sh1ts Rangers? You're saying he's not a true fan because he doesn't have a season ticket?

I'm just not seeing the reasoning in your argument, so no. Just no.

Agree with falcoholic. Bears do what they can do within their personal limits and that keeps them a bear. They want to do more but circumstances dictate they can't.

Anyone who says that you need a season ticket to be a true fan is a tosser!

If you have a season ticket for years then lose your job and then can't afford a season, does it make you less of a bear??

How many fans buy tickets for every single home game? Not many, most have season books, I understand people circumstances changed, has happened to me in the past. But I got a book as soon as I could. I ow have two books and put about £70 if possible away a month, I am not slagging fans who support us but to be a true fan you should have a season book or go to at least half of the home games. Every bear is a fan, just some more than others. I am not on here to slag any Rangers fan, but season ticket holders are more committed.

Before Manchester I would have said no

However despite being a season ticket holder since 1982/83 and travelling all over Europe until about 10 years ago I would now say yes.

I SAY THAT BECAUSE DESPITE BEING ON THE 'PRIORITY LIST' FOR SEMIS AND CUP FINALS I WASN'T ALLOCATED ALLOCATED A TICKET FOR THE UEFA CUP FINAL. I GOT ONE ON EBAY AND IT COST A COOL £500 BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS NOT GOING.

However, what got on my tits during that ticket scramble was the amount of "out of the woodwork loyal' who got their hands on one.

I know of one high ranking RST member who was clicking his fingers and getting almost as many tickets as he wanted. He ended up getting a bus allocation of 48. Many of whom who ended up receiving them as come and go supporters.

There was also the Kirk Broadfoot rumour that he got 72 tickets although some of them were from fellow players like Darchevill and Cousin.

:lol: the irony....I'm boring for making a point but your the man for following me around and trying to belittle that point without providing any counter argument? Must try harder sweetheart now away and find another sad wee gif and shout your carer to take you out a walk or something!

Oh... Hello!

Did I wake you up, aye?

I was talking to my mate, and he says I'm not a true fan because this is the first season I have had a season ticket. The thing is, I know just as much about Rangers if not more than him. I think it's not right at all, many fans are unable to attend games but can be the most passionate there is, does that make them not a true blue?

Your mate is an idiot. (tu)

No. I have my own ST now for the last 5 years, however before then I was like most on here when I worked most Saturdays it was pointless to have one but it didn't mean I was less of a Bear, just circumstances prevented me getting to the games. What I used to do is half the cost of the ST with my m8 who was in a similar working arrangement, before that I just got them through my local RSC.

How many fans buy tickets for every single home game?

Nae idea but I buy 3.

I now have two books and put about £70 if possible away a month,

Commendable. Good decision but also your decision.

I am not slagging fans who support us but to be a true fan you should have a season book or go to at least half of the home games.

Really? Interesting rules for being a true fan you've managed to conjure up there. Or are they written down in a document somewhere and I'm not abiding by them?

Every bear is a fan, just some more than others. I am not on here to slag any Rangers fan, but season ticket holders are more committed.

Really? Interesting concept you have but I'm afraid I must disagree. In the next few days I might have to leave the country to work and may not be back for some time. However long it is I will have to miss the football at the weekend. Now here's the rub, Had I forked out money for a season ticket then that money would be wasted.

Ha! "Give it to the club" I hear you cry. Well no actually I won't. The way my club is managing to make money disappear into the boardroom blazer pockets at the moment I don't think I will.

I also reserve the right to withold my attendance at home games should the need arise, to make a point/stand against the current board if it ever came to that. Season ticket holders can stay away all they like if there was ever such a protest, the board won't give a damn because they've already got your money and spent it unwisely.

Just saying like!

I don't have a season ticket and get to very few games due to ill health and having to rely on friends but I've been through the lean times and the good times with those friends and am a true bear at heart.

You do what you can when you can. Getting a tablet and on the Internet makes it that much better, but you're either born into it or you're not.