scotlands second highest paid manager

thehost

Has any other football manager in the world had to put up with as much as McCoist has though?

Admin / takeovers / board members causing problems off the park / an illegal transfer embargo losing all his team / Investigations into board memebers. Board Members getting sacked / Walking away. It's been constant ever since he took over theres not been one day thats gone by where something hasn't happened.

Ally McCoist has been Manager / PR man / Shareholder etc........Don't think theres ever been a week since he tookever where he can just worry about a game on a saturday.

I was one of the people that said he should be sacked last year and that there were to many excuses for him. But just look back and think about all the shite that has surrounded him and Rangers since he took over.

And if we did sack Ally McCoist who would we get in? We wouldn't get any top class European coach and then that would be another problem for us.

Portsmouth.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why?

treacle teeth agreed a new deal, last week, which is less than mccoists and he has just got sellick into the CL again. If it is not appropriate to compare them now when is?

We aren't really competing with them right now and although I have serious doubts about Ally as a manager we've had a good run since the Forfar defeat.

Who the fuck are you Arthur daley? How could we have got back to the top league with 20million?

Do you remeber the cunt called Martin Bain? Well is he not the one that gave the management team all this money ie when Ally took over the contracts that he negotiated were still in place were they not?

Then Green came in and transferred to a new company and all they contracts from the old company stayed the same when they TUPED over to the new one.

And is it not only this year they can be renegotiated? You and everyone know find well that the management will to a pay cut. The board members are a different story though.

Everyone knew what it was going to be like working our way up the leagues. We can't control what they do. This Celtic team / management have had the luckiest run in there history. No Rangers in Champions league sharing the money with, no one competing with them in Scotland and getting easy draws to qualify for the champions league.

Everyone knows it's going to be hard when we get back but slagging the manager for being highly paid is just an excuse.

MARTIN BAIN is the man you want to be seeing about these high costs is it not?

i am more than aware of bain paul murray and mr edinburgh and the shit they left behind. indeed bain giving mccoist the job, on that wage, was a simple get it up ye to CW.

however we are currently spending north of 7 mill per year and that is unacceptable

it should be cut to 4 max

if the ceo cant do it we should get a new one

TH regarding Mr McCoists wage what the fuck should we have done he tupe'd over that contract needed honoured. Were you complaining when Walter and Ally plus others were working for fuck all?

Fuck off you are a troll.

Some may sy Walter has never worked for money and did Ally not get shares as a thank you for going without

I fear we will never catch them after this by the time we get back they could have had another two cracks at champions league and the cash riches that goes with it, WATP

That's my fear aswell. Just over a year ago lots of bears on here were saying they won't qualify and stuck their heads in the sand. The cunts are amassing fortunes with the easier champions route.

Having said that as a club we had reached one of our all time lows on and off the park and a fairytale ending to this would be us winning another euro trophy years down the line. I will never give up on that dream no matter what our current status is.

That's my fear aswell. Just over a year ago lots of bears on here were saying they won't qualify and stuck their heads in the sand. The cunts are amassing fortunes with the easier champions route.

Having said that as a club we had reached one of our all time lows on and off the park and a fairytale ending to this would be us winning another euro trophy years down the line. I will never give up on that dream no matter what our current status is.

we all share that dream but, if we are not careful, we will be potless when we get back up there and ripe for a few years of humping.

them getting to the CL twice and selling players for furtunes is a disaster as it eases their debt position drastically.

Having read through all the posts.............I think as the OP mentioned in another post on here..........he have indeed missed a great chance in building up a fund for getting back..........the manager and the ex ceo stated a year ago that the youngsters we bring in will have over 100 games under their belt and the money saved we will look to bring in a certain age of player that will and skill, power and resale value.

Now it looks as if this will not happen now, the new ceo made a big play that wages have reduced by £1mil, now the wages may have been reduced by this amount........but how much has it cost to reduce this £1mil.........as in capital payments made to move players out of their contracts.

It's early doors but take tarts as an eg..playing in the so called elite league and had -15 that now stands at -8 and their team is full of youngsters pus they have one one Scotsman in the team. Their salaries will be next to nothing now..........so it's a fact we have spent far too much money on salaries and 800k for Templeton so you have to admit we have lost a chance.

Guys cannot shout and ball at Directors taking a salary that we don't agree with , yet defend the money Ally and his team take in salaries and also having JIg on the salary he's on.

Will throw another one onto the pot..........Jimmy Sinclair how much do you think he's on.

Final thought Ally has said that come Jan he will be looking to actually get into the transfer market..that's a worry that he wants to spend fees on players now.

The OP using that thing from the east, is like a red rag to a Bull..........but step back and think...........we failed at the first step in the League Cup ..that's a fact and should never have happened.

How is Ally meant to stop the taigs qualifying for the CL in any way? Start a thread on here fuming about it? Sacrifice a goat? Steal their baw? We are out of Europe through no fault of Ally's. We have others to blame for that calamity. Some have short memories and slant everything to their own blinkered agenda. They should concentrate on supporting Rangers instead of obsessing about smeltic.

Walter worked without a contract for a period, don't think he worked for nothing.

true, its debateable whether they got paid or not, what isnt debateable is the fact that until their contracts ended they likely earned 300k+ and 200k+ not including bonuses for 6 months work that season (final 6 months of their contracts)

not to shabby a line of work

If mccoists wages were in his contract it must be honoured. Simple as that. Yes it's far too much but would club not be in breach of contract if they refused to pay him agreed fee. Oh and for the record I would have sacked him after the Forfar game so I'm not a big fan of his.