The hypocrisy in here.....

Muirheadbear

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone unfortunate enough to read the thread Scotland second highest paid manager consider this....

We regularly slate, rip into, almost criminalise Naismith McGregor et al for fucking off.

Then you get this slant slagging someone who (once again) demonstrated his undoubted passion for our club and gives the nappy tugging lurkers easy pickings. He stayed. In fact he gave up a lucrative TV career to come back to Rangers and he's staying for the fight. But no - that's no good enough for some. Unbelievable!!

You can't have it both ways.

You do have a point ...

My argument though is that for someone who's the second highest paid manager in the country (in fact just how much less is he actually getting than Lennon? it might be closer than you think) we should have a higher caliber manager/manager with more ability.

It's not McCoist fault Whyte/Bain gave him a bumper contract ... and as much as I don't rate him, I don't expect him to walk away from 750k-1million a year ... why should he?

What happened to this wage drop he was meant to be taking anyway?

Like I say, he stayed, he didn't f..k off like the rest of them surely that cuts him some slack

He used up all the slack , and then some, last season, and his ridiculous outburst at Forfar just sealed the deal for me.

He should walk. Unfortunately, his cheerleaders shout the loudest, and blind sentiment will drag us down.

You do have a point ...

My argument though is that for someone who's the second highest paid manager in the country (in fact just how much less is he actually getting than Lennon? it might be closer than you think) we should have a higher caliber manager/manager with more ability.

It's not McCoist fault Whyte/Bain gave him a bumper contract ... and as much as I don't rate him, I don't expect him to walk away from 750k-1million a year ... why should he?

What happened to this wage drop he was meant to be taking anyway?

Very good question. I haven't heard anything about the apparent wage drop in a while.

the same people that hounded both eck and PLG out the club as well (tu)

are u taking the piss!!??? eck had run his course and was taking us nowhere, we were 3rd when he left!!! and well plg just didnt understand the scottish game!!!

so u would be happy finishing 3rd???

every how often?

yeah that was brutal, but no other team in scotland will ever again spend what hearts did to manage that feat, while facing us when we have a thin squad fighting on 4 fronts

the fact is that eck's time at ibrox is summed up not by his achievements against a far greater spending tarrier team, but by a once in a blue moon 3rd place finish

every how often?

yeah that was brutal, but no other team in scotland will ever again spend what hearts did to manage that feat, while facing us when we have a thin squad fighting on 4 fronts

the fact is that eck's time at ibrox is summed up not by his achievements against a far greater spending tarrier team, but by a once in a blue moon 3rd place finish

And the worst run of results in history of ANY Rangers manager.

every how often?

im all for celebrating ecks success with us but as i said his time had come to an end!!! 3rd was not acceptable, even if hearts did spend a lot to get to 2nd we still had enough to at least finish above them!!!

And the worst run of results in history of ANY Rangers manager.

Must admit I'm not in the pro-McLeish camp. OK we had some good times granted but also some of the lowest moments I've felt as a Rangers fan ... 3rd in a 2 horse race, something like 7/8 straight Old Firm defeats, not one win in something like 11 games which was a record low for us .... Viktoria Zizkov etc ...

It wasn't all bad, but his time was rightly up

Must admit I'm not in the pro-McLeish camp. OK we had some good times granted but also some of the lowest moments I've felt as a Rangers fan ... 3rd in a 2 horse race, something like 7/8 straight Old Firm defeats, not one win in something like 11 games which was a record low for us .... Viktoria Zizkov etc ...

It wasn't all bad, but his time was rightly up

5 games at Ibrox without a win too. Some of what McLeish done was fantastic, CL last 16, helicopter Sunday, but it was tarnished by what happened next. The only thing that forced McLeish out the door was his poor results towards the end.

5 games at Ibrox without a win too. Some of what McLeish done was fantastic, CL last 16, helicopter Sunday, but it was tarnished by what happened next. The only thing that forced McLeish out the door was his poor results towards the end.

Agreed. 50% amazing 50% absolute lowest of the low. His time was up.

his time was up, but our protests outside the ibrox doors during that run of no wins was pretty shambolic considering all he done for us and that we were still in the CL at the time

Also, the 5 winless games at ibrox, were they not including at least 1 CL tie, possibly 2