who is the biggest bluenose to play for us.

stu54

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if i'm needing glasses,does it say ,who is the biggest bluenose to play for us or biggest Ranger ?

it's the same thing mate.

Im only commenting on the saying used.

Once a Ranger always a Ranger is the saying i was taught when i was young,ive just never noticed anyone saying once a bluenose always a bluenose before.

Its no big deal though is it?

it's the same thing mate.

Im only commenting on the saying used.

Once a Ranger always a Ranger is the saying i was taught when i was young,ive just never noticed anyone saying once a bluenose always a bluenose before.

Its no big deal though is it?

No it's not ,j i was just quoting Sammy Cox who b,t,w, made his own way to the award, from Canada ,such was his love for The Rangers,

Sure he refused to play for Rangers too mate.

Might have been under Greig when they had a fall out.

Coops proved how much of a bluenose he was though when after that he knocked back Brighton because he would rather stay at us, even sitting on the bench, than move away (tu)

Hugh Burns, Iain Ferguson, Ian Durrant or Derek Ferguson take yer pick ...

You can remove Derek Ferguson from that list, He sold his soul and has slated Rangers fans on numerous occasions.

Gregor Stevens was a serious bluenose, not the greatest player, but he was as staunch as they come

Captain cutlass without doubt.once told us at a burns supper his heart nearly burst with pride the day he signed for us. Also said Elizabeth may be able to bestow honours on football people, but no honour could match being made captain of the rangers.bobby shearer a true ranger.

Hugh Burns, Iain Ferguson, Ian Durrant or Derek Ferguson take yer pick ...

I remember going to quite a few Supporters Club functions/Player of the Year Awards in the late 80's, and have vivid memories on these three turning up, taking to the stage and leading the whole place in some 'traditional' party songs.

I can't believe how Derek seems to have turned.

I remember going to quite a few Supporters Club functions/Player of the Year Awards in the late 80's, and have vivid memories on these three turning up, taking to the stage and leading the whole place in some 'traditional' party songs.

I can't believe how Derek seems to have turned.

He hasnt turned at all. He is paid to be a neutral correspondent. Not exactly the time to launch into the party tunes is it.

He hasnt turned at all. He is paid to be a neutral correspondent. Not exactly the time to launch into the party tunes is it.

Is he paid to be 'neutral'?

I would assume that all radio/TV panelists are paid to be profesional/neutral BUT most are so blatantly pro-sellick/anti-Ranger that it is embaressing.

I have always assumed, possibly wrongly, that these shows attempt to appear balanced by having a 'token' ex-Rangers player on, who imho should be countering the twisted, bhigoted aghenda pushed by the other panelists.

ALL guests should either be 'neutral' or they should ALL be allowed to 'fight their corner'.

Also, can't remember exact details, hopefully someone else can help out, but pretty certain he has been reported on here as saying some pretty ridiculous anti-Rangers/timmy propoganda on radio recently.

You can remove Derek Ferguson from that list, He sold his soul and has slated Rangers fans on numerous occasions.

Gregor Stevens was a serious bluenose, not the greatest player, but he was as staunch as they come

I Remember Gregor Stevens looked like a gentle big guy not the best player but a master of the late tackle