who is the biggest bluenose to play for us.

stu54

Only signed for us at the third time of asking.

Could have joined from school, but chose St, Johnstone. Could have joined from St. Johnstone, but chose Sunderland.

He showed fantastic foresight and self-awareness. If he wasn't ready, he wasn't ready. If he had simply gone south for the money straight from school, you might have a point, but do you really think him joining St fucking Johnstone is a reflection on his feelings for Rangers? :lol:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He showed fantastic foresight and self-awareness. If he wasn't ready, he wasn't ready. If he had simply gone south for the money straight from school, you might have a point, but do you really think him joining St fucking Johnstone is a reflection on his feelings for Rangers? :lol:

He scored against us in the cup at Ibrox for St Johnstone. Clear tim.

Ally out.

No it's not ,j i was just quoting Sammy Cox who b,t,w, made his own way to the award, from Canada ,such was his love for The Rangers,

You just reminded me of a wee story there.

My brother was really good mates with Ian Ferguson and i was quite friendly with him too.

Fergie paid his own way from Australia to play in Ted McMinn's testimonial in Derby.

A certain 9 in a row captain didn't show because the testimonial commitee refused to pay him the cash he wanted.

If my memory serves me correctly it was around 5 grand.

The Rangers family eh!!!

Might have been under Greig when they had a fall out.

Coops proved how much of a bluenose he was though when after that he knocked back Brighton because he would rather stay at us, even sitting on the bench, than move away (tu)

you're right mate it was under JG i just can't totally recall the circumstances.

But im positive he refused to play.

Still a Rangers great though.

From ma dads era he always said the staunchest proddies to ever pull on a rangers jersey were bobby shearer, davie wilson, tam forsyth and most of all, and by far the staunchest of them all was doddie the proddy, cant argue with that at all.of my era I would say from ian durrant, ian ferguson, the other iain ferguson, and am I right in saying cammy fraser? But the one who I idolised as a wee boy was john macdonald, fuckin loved him by the way, he would have been something else under souness, never got the chance.

No Surrender

Rab

The question is "who is the biggest bluenose". I'm not doubting that Ally is a big bluenose, but the biggest bluenose, whoever that may be, would probably have signed for us at the first chance of asking without being pragmatic enough to consider the better chance of first-team football at St Johnstone, or the bigger wages at Sunderland.

The question is "who is the biggest bluenose". I'm not doubting that Ally is a big bluenose, but the biggest bluenose, whoever that may be, would probably have signed for us at the first chance of asking without being pragmatic enough to consider the better chance of first-team football at St Johnstone, or the bigger wages at Sunderland.

No, that person would be the answer to the question "who's the biggest bluenose to make terrible career decisions that would have hurt himself AND Rangers".

McCoist didn't think he'd get into the team and he wanted to PLAY for Rangers, not just sign for Rangers. He didn't score for St Johnstone until his third season. I wonder how the "Ally, Ally get tae fuck" brigade would have treated him if he came to us in 1979.

Bobby Shearer. Mainly because it was Captain Cutlass who was responsible for hanging the framed portrait of the Queen in the Rangers dressing room at Ibrox. It still hangs there to this day. He also insisted that when we played the Rhats at the Big Jock Knew Camp that the current Rangers captain of the day took the portrait down from the wall and hung it on the away dressing room wall.

I think that tradition is no longer carried out but it was a fantastic idea from true Rangers man and legend!

In reply to BarneyRabble, I understand Davie Wilson also travels under his own steam to watch Rangers.

As regards McCoist, I remember being at a BB function in East Kilbride the Saturday after Souness left Rangers. The Guest of Honour was Ally McCoist, who had earned the knickname "The Judge" due to the time he spent on the bench under Souness (like Coops, without demanding a transfer). When asked what he thought about Souness going, his reply was "I've an appointment at Hairmyres next week to get the grin removed". A bear and a Sure & Stedfast boy - can't be bad.

Coops & Ally both Rangers through and through.

You just reminded me of a wee story there.

My brother was really good mates with Ian Ferguson and i was quite friendly with him too.

Fergie paid his own way from Australia to play in Ted McMinn's testimonial in Derby.

A certain 9 in a row captain didn't show because the testimonial commitee refused to pay him the cash he wanted.

If my memory serves me correctly it was around 5 grand.

The Rangers family eh!!!

A look around at former players in the stands at Ibrox and away tells you all about the staunch bluenoses who have played for us.

Very few, plus a number who go to Ibrox because they get paid.

No, that person would be the answer to the question "who's the biggest bluenose to make terrible career decisions that would have hurt himself AND Rangers".

McCoist didn't think he'd get into the team and he wanted to PLAY for Rangers, not just sign for Rangers. He didn't score for St Johnstone until his third season. I wonder how the "Ally, Ally get tae fuck" brigade would have treated him if he came to us in 1979.

I don't really blame coisty for not signing for Rangers as a 15 year old.

He obviously thought moving to a smaller club would help him develop.

But his decision to sign for Sunderland rather than Rangers later in his career was for me not the decision a true Rangers fan would make.

Although through the years he has earned his place as a true Rangers great.

Ps i was one of the Ally Ally gtf brigade back then,i was in the copland road stand in the game Ally often talks about,and believe me mate, he couldnae hit a coo's arse wae a banjo at that time.

My granny could have scored some of the chances he was missing.

The rest is history.

I don't really blame coisty for not signing for Rangers as a 15 year old.

He obviously thought moving to a smaller club would help him develop.

But his decision to sign for Sunderland rather than Rangers later in his career was for me not the decision a true Rangers fan would make.

Although through the years he has earned his place as a true Rangers great.

Ps i was one of the Ally Ally gtf brigade back then,and believe me mate, he couldnae hit a coo's arse wae a banjo.

The rest is history.

Good for you, chief. I'm of the opinion that a "true Rangers fan" wouldn't shout at one of our players to "get to fuck" when he needed our support, but that's just me.

Good for you, chief. I'm of the opinion that a "true Rangers fan" wouldn't shout at one of our players to "get to fuck" when he needed our support, but that's just me.

No,you know what mate.

This was the eary eightes pre-souness.

Anycunt who turned up in they days were true fans.(and there wasnt many,believe me).

We were fucking useless.

We were finishing 4/5 in the league.

So don't you try and tell me im no true fan,because i was there when very few other cunts were.

There are so many-Colin McAdam,Alex McDonald,Davie Cooper,Davy Armour,Alex Rae,Derek Parlane,Ronnie McKinnon,Kenny Burns,Barry and Derek Ferguson,Colin Stein,Ian Ferguson etc.

I thought you meant Shuggie Burns, did Kenny Burns ever play for us ? if he did it passed me by completely.

No,you know what mate.

This was the eary eightes pre-souness.

Anycunt who turned up in they days were true fans.(and there wasnt many,believe me).

We were fucking useless.

We were finishing 4/5 in the league.

So don't you try and tell me im no true fan,because i was there when very few other cunts were.

Oh, ok, I hope you got in as many opportunities to abuse our players last season too then, since you can always say "well at least I was there when we were in Division Three".

In reply to BarneyRabble, I understand Davie Wilson also travels under his own steam to watch Rangers.

As regards McCoist, I remember being at a BB function in East Kilbride the Saturday after Souness left Rangers. The Guest of Honour was Ally McCoist, who had earned the knickname "The Judge" due to the time he spent on the bench under Souness (like Coops, without demanding a transfer). When asked what he thought about Souness going, his reply was "I've an appointment at Hairmyres next week to get the grin removed". A bear and a Sure & Stedfast boy - can't be bad.

Coops & Ally both Rangers through and through.

Does Mr Wilson not work with the hospitality?