Was Alec Cleland any good?

MKGER

I was between 8-12 when he played for us but from what I remember he was excellent... However that is quite a young age to accurately judge someone's footballing ability and it might just be a case of me remembering how good laudrup was and the fact Cleland more often then not looked to him to pass to but the reason I ask is despite his success no one ever speaks of him and he never played for Scotland so does that mean he was shite?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fk sake the bold davie robertson didnae get a game for scotland either n he was shit hot ! n aye cleland done a job for us we spent a fortune tryin tae replace gary stevens n he done the best job

Stephen Wright was the ready made replacement but he got injured no long after signing for us - what a player he was

I liked him tbh

Did a job

Kinda like a more talented Kirk Broadfoot

Always remember his goal for us at Parkhead what a heeder

i don't remember that, tried the youtube with the words 'Alec Cleland rangers celtic' but couldn't find it, what game/season was it? If I search the game itself I'm sure ill find it but at the moment no luck!

i don't remember that, tried the youtube with the words 'Alec Cleland rangers celtic' but couldn't find it, what game/season was it? If I search the game itself I'm sure ill find it but at the moment no luck!

1995/1996 season Gascoigne scored the second mate