Why was the Parma away leg under Advocaat at lunchtime?

Boab

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rushed home from school to catch that dortmund game,don't think I've ever ran so fast in my life!

Theres loads of games from back then that stick in my mind. The Parma games. Pumping PSV at Ibrox & away. The 5-3 Shelbourne game. Monaco away. The doings we received from Juve.

I fucking miss Euro nights man :(

It was pre this. Sure it was Souness eraish. I need to look it up now.

i think Souness was against Monchengladbach in his first season, dortmund was about 2000 or 2001, as someone said before i think it was Jens Lehmann the future Arsenal goalkeepr that scored or maybe had a big part in the equalising goal in the las minute of normal time

The game Amaruso played fkn netball from a corner when we were winning 1-0 (Porinni scored) away from home, then the floodgates opened and we were beaten 3-1.

He punched the ball with his hand to clear a corner kick instead of using his head. :wanker:

Aye, we'd sold our strikers and mccoist was rushed back from surgery. Think we lost 2-0.

I'm fairly certain this was against Steaua Bucharest and it was an afternoon ko. I remember the teacher going out to check the score for a couple of us. IIRC it was only about a week after Ally had surgery. I think it was season 87/88.

The game Amaruso played fkn netball from a corner when we were winning 1-0 (Porinni scored) away from home, then the floodgates opened and we were beaten 3-1.

He punched the ball with his hand to clear a corner kick instead of using his head. :wanker:

This was the Parma game in 1998 (late Nov or early Dec). It was a late afternoon ko, I left work early and went to my parents house to watch it with my Dad. It was sweet revenge though when we beat them the following year to get into the CL. I was at the home game in '99 & then watched the away leg at the Highland Bar in Gran Canaria. I even had my Falkirk Supporter husband wearing a Gers top that night!

Parma game I had to go to some Christmas choir at the church down the road with school, listened to it on a little radio with my earphones, can still remember my teacher looking down towards me shaking his head, gave me the old 'wish you'd show the same enthusiasm in lessons' jibe after ha. Dortmund I remember running down to the local snooker hall after school to watch it

aye and the first thing veron said after winning it was that our game against them was the defining game for them and their hardest tie :(

In the home leg they were ahead & quite well in control, Veron looking like the best midfielder I'd ever seen.

Ian Ferguson came off the bench midway through the second half and absolutely cemented Veron with a hard but fair one & Veron just melted after that!

Our German teacher was an absolutely massive Bluenose, remember he had it on the TV behind a wee sliding door thing at the front of the class - we all snuck in there for a bit to see what was going on. Gutted when amo handled!