Which Former Player(s) Would You Welcome Back?

Bahrain Bear

Apologies if this has come up before, but just interested to hear views on former Gers players, still playing professionally, we think would make a positive impact if they came back and Does it ever really work second time around?

I remember one of my first games being Aberdeen at Pittodrie and we got skelped 5-1 with Prytz scoring the only goal for us. DJ played on his return from Chelsea(?) My memory's going a bit, but he had a bit of a 'mare. Not the only one that day, though. Maybe Jock Wallace's first game back as well, no sure?

Trevor Steven did a bit better when he came back from Marseille, but I remember thinking we were lucky to get the money we did for him when we sold him in the first place, and he wasn't nearly as good second time.

Hateley of course came back and got torn in about the Bheasts at the Piggery in the 9-in-a-row season. He was too old to recapture the previous exploits, but did a job all the same.

Who would you bring back?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally speaking it doesn't work in my view. Yes Colin Stein scored the goal at Easter Road but generally he wasn't as good, Baxter didn't really do it 2nd time around, DJ you are right, Trevor Steven bucked that trend (a bit) as did Barry Ferguson. Big Hateley - not really - the biggest exception was Kenny Miller but he left (first time) as a general disappointment and came back pretty much in his prime with EPL experience.

Most of our ex players that are currently out there are traitors that I'd never welcome back - let them learn as so many have done before just what they gave up by leaving us!