Jim Spence

OceanRain

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I understand those who are saying they don't give a jot for what he has said.

However, personally I don't believe Mr Spence, as others have pointed out should be allowed to get off as lightly. If we keep choosing to ignore the blatant defiance towards the proven facts, then the lemmings of the East and onwards will continue to toy with us in the childish fashion they are now becoming accustomed to.

It is not wrong for us to fight against these weasels. Maybe our club won't put them in their places, but it doesn't mean we can't.

It takes minutes to put in a complaint that achieves so much more than opting for doing nothing and shouting out you do not care.

For those that do care - Well done.

While we're on the subject of BBC Scotland (again) I think there needs to be an inquiry into the hiring practices of said organisation.

The majority of Scotland's population lives in the Central belt with the West of Scotland (Strathclyde) being the most populated, yet BBC Scotland has an overly north-east of Scotland slant when it comes to presenters both on radio and TV.

Statistically that's as bent as the most bent thing on Planet Bender.

FFS,

13 pages on the blog about a remark made by a journo!

I, for one, could not give a royal fuck about what a no-life like Spence says. Nobody likes us - I don't care.

I am a hell of a lot more concerned about the leadership and direction of our club. The Boardroom fiasco gets me more concerned than Spence.

Easy solution for him....switch off the BBC.

Just you sit about watching then as our support fight our cause

Its only a lie in their own wee world .Makes no difference to what we think or even the outside world .If you want to believe the beggars are more successful your going to do it anyway.

Likewise if you believe that Rangers are the most successful then your going to believe this .

It's not their wee world when they are spouting this pish on the national media.

And it's a lie everywhere, because it's a lie. I think you meant it's only the truth in their wee world.

1230071_546855762054454_1547862564_n.jpg

I would like to state this is not my complaint, but one being posted around the internet. One of many and doesn't take up much time neither.

I hate seeing everyone send the same complaint word-for-word ... it looks like a mass campaign and takes away a lot of the complaints credibility IMO

Bears plz gone 03700100222 bbc complaints dept ' just spoke to some guy from northern Ireland about spence 'guy was well aware of the comment he is forwarding my complaint to director general ''only take a cpl of done calls to sort this guy out ,literally takes 2 mins ,

Is that what your carer says ??

Dear Mr...

> Thank you for your contact. Your comments were passed to the Editor of Sport, who has asked that we forward his response as follows:

>

> “Thank you for your correspondence. I have reviewed the contents of the Sportsound programme of Wednesday 4 September and the particular phrase to which you draw attention.

>

> The actual words used by Jim Spence were: “John McClelland who was the chairman of the old club, some people will tell you the club, well, the club that died, possibly coming back in terms of the new chairman.” The phrase was used in the context of a live discussion about the proposed additions to the Rangers’ board and about former chairman John McClelland and former director Paul Murray joining the board.

>

> Jim Spence did not state that the club had died but, in the context of a discussion about former board members joining the club, commented that there are some people who hold this particular view.

>

> I do agree that the attributed comment could have been better phrased within the live piece and I am sorry if you were offended by this.

>

> Thank you for your comments.”

>

> Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

>

> Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

>

> Kind Regards

>

> BBC Complaints

> www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

>

> NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Bears plz gone 03700100222 bbc complaints dept ' just spoke to some guy from northern Ireland about spence 'guy was well aware of the comment he is forwarding my complaint to director general ''only take a cpl of done calls to sort this guy out ,literally takes 2 mins ,

gw-mediapreview.phpurlhttp3A2F2Fi142.photobucket.com2Falbums2Fr812Fturkoediz2Feddiemurphywtfgif.gif

I hate seeing everyone send the same complaint word-for-word ... it looks like a mass campaign and takes away a lot of the complaints credibility IMO

I didn't mean anyone to copy it, lol....I would hope everyone did make their own opinions on the matter rather than copy someone else. I was just trying to point out the easiness of making their own complaint.

I didn't mean anyone to copy it, lol....I would hope everyone did make their own opinions on the matter rather than copy someone else. I was just trying to point out the easiness of making their own complaint.

(tu) fair do's I misunderstood what you mean, soz

This is the basis of the further complaint I submitted to the BBC.

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Complaint Summary: Reply is disingenuous.

Full Complaint: In its reply the BBC made the following statement “John McClelland who was the chairman of the old club" in effort to justify the comments of Jim Spence. There is no "old" or "new" Club as already clarified to BBC Scotland by the BBC Trust and Jim Spence well knows this.The BBC is supposed to be balanced. Continually using phrases like 'some might say' in relation to negative Rangers slants, without, doing the same when talking about other teams and without ever using the phrase in a positive manner, eg 'some might say the same club', clearly shows bias and makes it clear what Spence is actually saying. One can only come to the conclusion that Spence is incompetent or is deliberately setting out to upset Rangers fans in the face of the BBC's own charter to provide fair and unbiased commentary.

As tedious as it is I really believe all Bears should follow through on the reply they got from the BBC and complain again. We need to focus on the opening statement in their reply and draw their attention to there is no old or new Club.Its the only way we deal with vermin like Spence and it needs to be done.