Top 5 oppostion players you saw at Ibrox

linnyplant

Karl Heinz Rummenigge - When we beat Inter Milan 3-1. Great night. He scored an overhead kick that was disallowed. Years later he said it was the best goal he'd never scored!

Rudi Voller - Marseille 2-2 in the CL - Pity about the perm - Another great night.

Torricelli - When Juventus hammered us 4-0 at Ibrox in the CL. The single best attacking performance I have ever seen from a full back. Ball was glued to his foot.

Gianluca Vialli - No explanation required.

Ally McCoist - We don't do walking away.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purely on the night!

Mendieta for valencia probably the best I've seen individualy

Mikael arteta for psg at ibrox! Best player on the park and that night won him his move from barca to us! Ronaldinho, okacha and anelka on the park and this 19yo was the best by miles

Juan roman riquelme for vilareal was unplayable! Fucking outstanding for them in that 2 2 draw!

Giorgios karagounis for panathinakos v us 3 1 pana

Tbh its far too early for me and am still on nightshift but those top 3 stand out for me

Can't be arsed listing 5. I'll list 2.

1. Benzema (destroyed us when we lost 3-0 to Lyon)

2. Del Piero

Totally agree.

Purely on performance against us and not on reputation though.

As an older bear it may strange to name Benzema, but you could tell he was destined for the very top that night.

Messi in my opinion, didn't get his own way against us, due to superb defending.

Del Piero - Best I have ever seen.

Riquelme - Never seen him lose a ball. Class act.

Mendieta - Made Valencia play that night.

Diego - Couldn't get near him.

Benzema - Tore us apart that night. (Looks a shadow of the player he once was, Not weight wise!)

Some great names reading through this thread, bringing back some memories...

Obvious stand out are...

Mendieta

Hagi

Klaus Augenthaler

Lilian Thuram

The whole Red Star team that got to the final against Marseille

And the best imho was a very young Rijkaard playing in a pre-season tournament at Ibrox back in the late 80's.

Alex Cleland will still be having nightmares about Del Piero.

Hard to pick just 5 so I will just go for a team and that's the Ajax side that had the De Boers and Davids, everyone of them was world class and I have yet to see a team yet in my time who could even come close to them.

Mendieta - amazing performance at Ibrox, shocked he never did better in EPL

Hagi - truly world class

Prosinecki - best player in one if the best teams I have ever seen

Henry - was by his best imo at Barca but had seen it and done it, yet still put a shift in like no other

Keane - tin hat on lol, hate the fucker with a vengeance and thought totally over rated but with the fans giving him pelters in our CL game with Man U, thought he strolled it and made the game look so easy

Alex Cleland will still be having nightmares about Del Piero.

Hard to pick just 5 so I will just go for a team and that's the Ajax side that had the De Boers and Davids, everyone of them was world class and I have yet to see a team yet in my time who could even come close to them. was about to stick up for Cleland and say he didn't play in the 4-0 home defeat, back 5 was Wright , Gough , Brown , Petric and Bollan . Then remembered away leg game where Cleland and whole team too be fair were totally outplayed.