Keevins repeats claim celtic are most successful club while praising lawwell

rankbadyin

The shugster really doesn't know his history, or ours.

YOU couldn’t give Celtic’s chief executive Peter Lawwell a red neck with a blowtorch.

So the people who are trying to ridicule his appointment to the SFA’s main board with feeble jokes about Peter the

megalomaniac are wasting their time.

What’s the point in bringing Lawwell on to the board when he already runs the SFA anyway?

That’s been the most popular punchline since the governing body confirmed his new role last week.

It’s hardly the cutting edge of humour and the sentiment is misplaced into the bargain.

But, having said that, Peter’s probably glad Dundee United have taken the utterly futile step of banning the BBC and

Scottish Television over the three-match ban given to Gavin Gunning for having a kick at Celtic’s Virgil Van Dijk.

Now that United have isolated their target for criticism, it will save Peter the bother of having to deny the notice of complaint issued to Gunning was delivered by order of Lawwell, and not the SFA’s Compliance Officer Vincent Lunny.

Does anyone of sound mind really and truly believe the national association is manipulated into dishing out

punishments to individual players at the behest of one man inside Celtic Park?

And can anyone tell me why the front man for the most successful club holding membership of the SFA shouldn’t be counted among the movers and shakers on the main board ?

The next SFA president, no harm to him, is Cove Rangers’ Alan McRae. Lawwell brings gravitas to the head office.

He is the best chief executive that Celtic have ever had and the shrinking violets on the SFA board will benefit from the baseball bat effect he will have on future proceedings.

If for no other reason, the appointment’s a good one because it’s better to have Lawwell p****g out of the tent than it is having him p****g into it.

Outraged of Govan can hardly introduce the ‘My dad’s bigger than your dad’ argument into this debate and complain that Rangers should also have a seat at the top table.

They’d be better off reflecting on the fact that Rangers could be doing with a man of Lawwell’s capabilities in their boardroom

Have you had a wee look at their internal affairs recently?

When is a vote of confidence in the Ibrox board not a vote of confidence?

When the directors release a statement saying they’ve been given a vote of confidence, apparently.

Rangers should have an appropriate level of influence at the SFA’s top table but they currently have no-one who fits that role. They should be using Lawwell’s elevation as a spur to hasten the day when they do have a suitable candidate.

Meantime, Rangers will need to be left to sort out their own inner turmoil while the game gets on with looking after the issues that affect it here in this country.

And that’s another reason why Lawwell’s a sound appointment.

His acceptance speech spoke about Scottish football having: “A great deal to be positive about and much to look

forward to. I look forward to playing my part in working to improve and develop various aspects of the game for the

benefit of Scottish football as a whole.”

In other words, he would look a bit foolish now, not to say deceitful, if he was doing that restoration work with one hand while digging the tunnel that leads to a way out of Scottish football for Celtic with the other.

Lawwell joining the SFA board should tone down the rhetoric that’s been known to come from Celtic Park.

The Hoops, under John Reid’s chairmanship, were hostile towards the governing body and spoke about the club being unwilling to be treated any more like second-class citizens.

It’s better for the sake of the game to have a conciliatory approach and absorb Lawwell into the SFA’s boardroom.

His voice is heard at the highest levels of the game on the continent and within the European Clubs Association.

And there can be no doubting Lawwell’s business acumen as Celtic continue to declare annual profits and raise large amounts of capital.

Rangers are presently at a low ebb, on and off the park, and are intent on working towards a better future.

It’s only natural that meantime, the other big club in the country steps forward and takes an interest in best practice in how their domestic league is managed.

If nothing else, it’ll keep the Celtic fundamentalists quiet for a minute or two. At least until they get to Tynecastle on Saturday and we can forget all this international football nonsense and get on with looking for a conspiracy theory.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he's being a smart arse as we only have associate membership of the sfa, all he wants is us to get up in arms and phone into his stupid little radio show as that is the only way he could get real rangers fans to listen.

We are full members and always have been, stop promoting earl falsehoods.

he's being a smart arse as we only have associate membership of the sfa, all he wants is us to get up in arms and phone into his stupid little radio show as that is the only way he could get real rangers fans to listen.

No we are full members again after the new set-up came into play....Keevins is a waste of time even discussing, unlike the BBC he is better off ignored....in fairness at this moment in time Celtic are more successful than us and as much as the guy is a snake liewell does run a pretty successful business in terms of turnover....not really worthy of getting upset about on this one lads. Pick and choose the battles otherwise we come off petty and when we do have a valid case to take umbridge it is easier to dismiss and belittle as we have seen in the past!

Keevins is a first class arsehole his opinions and views are as shite as his column all he's trying to do is get back in lawells good books to get his ban from sceptic park lifted and get a reaction from us rangers fans so fuck him as I say he's an arsehole FACT!!

This is the type of reporting that Paul Murray said nothing about for the many years he sat on the board.

Remember that when you read his apologist's concerted piffle about him being a "rangers man".

Great work, Host, in managing to get a mention for PM into a post about Hugh Keevins. You are even more obsessed than I thought...Oh, and I think you'll find he has more than one apologist!

This is the type of reporting that Paul Murray said nothing about for the many years he sat on the board.

Remember that when you read his apologist's concerted piffle about him being a "rangers man".

Would you give it a fucking rest !!!

Every topic some how gets turned into a diatribe in either Murray/McColl or the RST, it's actually quite a talent to segway like that but seriously, some topics have nothing to do with either of them & your continual campaign is looking more than obsessive.

Jesus, host, even for you it's a bit of a stretch getting Paul Murray into this thread. Are you not even a little bit embarrassed by your obsession?

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I find it odd that Keevin & Spiers, 2 journo's who write for 2 completely separate both come up with the same rhetoric in articles about Lawwell joking SFA.

Jesus, host, even for you it's a bit of a stretch getting Paul Murray into this thread. Are you not even a little bit embarrassed by your obsession?

Hey I can only point out the facts, if I am in anyway wrong I would be delighted to hear about it.

He sat and watched the club be denigrated, he sat and watched the fans be denigrated, he sat and watched the club being turned toxic, he sat and watched us being vilified by UEFA.

In short he, and his boardroom pals are complicit in us being where we are now and it needs pointed out before the whitewash job can be complete.

Indeed, one can only wonder can an actual Rangers supporter want anything other than Paul Murray nowhere near the club.

Why turn this into an anti- Paul Murray post ? Sorry, but your getting sad and very predictable with this nonsence. We have an enemy of the club attacking us and what do you do ? Turn round on to a rangers fan.

spiers mcnee and kheevins did the same before re nuremburg

A valid point which our board at the time condoned by their silence, sadly this snivelling cretin will still be given unfettered access to the club and players, maybe one day Traynor will earn his money

Hey I can only point out the facts, if I am in anyway wrong I would be delighted to hear about it.

He sat and watched the club be denigrated, he sat and watched the fans be denigrated, he sat and watched the club being turned toxic, he sat and watched us being vilified by UEFA.

In short he, and his boardroom pals are complicit in us being where we are now and it needs pointed out before the whitewash job can be complete.

Indeed, one can only wonder can an actual Rangers supporter want anything other than Paul Murray nowhere near the club.

I don't want Paul Murray anywhere near our club. Your obsession with him, and desperate need to shoehorn him into various threads, is completely separate to that desire.

You're not embarrassed by your obsession, so be it.

If we can discuss the actual topic of the thread...

If for no other reason, the appointment’s a good one because it’s better to have Lawwell p****g out of the tent than it is having him p****g into it.

It’s better for the sake of the game to have a conciliatory approach and absorb Lawwell into the SFA’s boardroom.

If nothing else, it’ll keep the Celtic fundamentalists quiet for a minute or two.

Really? :huh:

It makes sense to appoint Lawell because otherwise he, celtc and their fundamentalist fans will just complain about the SFA... <cr>

I don't want Paul Murray anywhere near our club. Your obsession with him, and desperate need to shoehorn him into various threads, is completely separate to that desire.

You're not embarrassed by your obsession, so be it.

I'd not be embarrassed but shamed should I say nothing and have him waltz back into the club.

The day he does so Admin 2 will not be far away and all his cheerleaders (who only do so for self aggrandizement) will be complicit in the downfall of the club.

You, and your fellow admin, could help the club, at this perilous time, by making it clear that only a small band of folk want him anywhere near the club and even then it is only for their own selfish reasons.

We should all be putting RFC before personal gain.