• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could take or leave watching Scotland.,something i could never say in years gone by.Gradually the pull towards them have faded through a variety of events.....not playing at the top table...World Cup and European Championship......the annual England fixture....poorer players.....and what has happened at Rangers,put a dampener on my enthusiasm.

I would never have missed a game from the 1974 World Cup onwards,we competed in them as a given from then until 1998 give or take the odd one,with some truly World class players.Nowadays we are scraping about for players with any connection to Scotland.....

I used to be a passionate Scotland fan but I can no longer cheer on the national team until the corrupt cabal have been removed.

The way Rangers have been treated is a scandal.

Lawwell/Rhegan/ Dhoncaster put the boot into us, tried their title stripping shite and applied their "punishments"...so fuck them !

I don't want Scotland to lose but I don't care if they win or draw.

I will never forgive or forget how fans of other clubs wanted our club extinct through bigotry, hatred and jealousy.

As for the Tartan army who boo Gers players and the UK national anthem, they are an embarrassment.

Maybe one day when we are rid of this lot, I can cheer on Scotland again.

Well said this man!!!!

I was supporting both Rangers and Scotland long before you were even a glint in your father's eye.

For various reasons over the years I lost interest in Scotland. The last Scotland game I actually enjoyed was 'McQueens Wembley Jubilee' and for years had a piece of the 'hallowed surface' in our backyard.

Not sure why my interest in the Scottish national side faded. I am sure it was not one specific incident more likely a culmination of events over a period of years. I went from being a fairly avid supporter to being totally apathetic regards our National team as I suggest did many Rangers fans. How many recall being in the Rangers End at Hampden watching Scotland being humped when suddenly to relieve the tedium a wee 'sash bash' would break out. It was a way to alleviate the pain and you were among your own.

Perhaps I just got older, wiser, watched the Tartan Trannies take-over and apathy became the order of the day.

Apathy has now turned to a downright detestation of the national size. I no longer watch their games and win, lose or draw it means SFA to this poster. The idea of joining in to become a 90 minute 'tartan trannie' has the same appeal as a root canal. The idea of sharing a stadium to support Scotland with people who voted to kill my club I find disgusting. If that makes me a freak then so mote it be.

It does not make me however two-faced.

I too hate what the SFA have done to my club. Hopefully Regan, Doncaster and Lawwell will one day get what's coming to them.

When Maloney scored the second goal, I was out of my seat. So that makes me Scottish and British IMO. I won't pay to watch Scotland while these b******s are in charge but I can't help myself, I will continue to hope Scotland win games of football.

I've watched Scotland since I was a boy. I have cheered them, I have supported them, and I would love to do so again,

As long as they are ran by the guys currently in power at the SFA, the same guys who have kicked us at every single turn, they won't get my support.

I wont look for them to lose matches, but i don't actually give a fuck if they win or lose right now, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

The national side is ours, not theirs and on that basis I remain a Scotland fan.

BMR i totally respect you for standing up for what you believe in.

One question though;

Did you enjoy listening to fellow Scotland fans booing our vice-captain onto the field simply (and only) because he plays for Scotland's greatest club?

Personally, it makes me sick.

BMR i totally respect you for standing up for what you believe in.

One question though;

Did you enjoy listening to fellow Scotland fans booing our vice-captain onto the field simply (and only) because he plays for Scotland's greatest club?

Personally, it makes me sick.

Was Wallace boo'd when he came on? I certainly didnt hear anything.

Sorry guys, but I didnt hear any booing.

Im not saying it didnt happen, but its just as likely that someone has made up the fact that he was booed due to the ill feeling towards the tartan army.

Even if there were one or two at it, I would be shocked, but you could not hold it against the entire support. Would be like someone blaming our entire support for being sectarian if a couple of guys say some naughty words.

Sorry guys, but I didnt hear any booing.

Im not saying it didnt happen, but its just as likely that someone has made up the fact that he was booed due to the ill feeling towards the tartan army.

Even if there were one or two at it, I would be shocked, but you could not hold it against the entire support. Would be like someone blaming our entire support for being sectarian if a couple of guys say some naughty words.

I appreciate that but (again if true) it symbolises and epitomises what's wrong about the national football team and everyone assosciated with it

We are always getting told to self-police and challenge anyone shouting fuck the pope etc to rid our support of sectarianism ... why doesn't the Tartan Army do the same? my feeling is even if it was a small minority doing it, the others would snigger and the rest be in no hurry to tell them to stop it

As someone who enjoyed watching the national team i must confess to following out of love with the national team over the last few years even before the bitterness of the last couple of years.

I dont think this is confined to Rangers fans, as the Hampden roar has apparently been replaced by the Hampden squeak.

I appreciate that but (again if true) it symbolises and epitomises what's wrong about the national football team and everyone assosciated with it

We are always getting told to self-police and challenge anyone shouting fuck the pope etc to rid our support of sectarianism ... why doesn't the Tartan Army do the same? my feeling is even if it was a small minority doing it, the others would snigger and the rest be in no hurry to tell them to stop it

That small feeling is probably what many fans from outside of our own support think is happening with us. That no matter how much we cut out or reduce the sectarian (ever shrinking that it is) element, our good fans are probably sitting back saying it under our breath.

I am mates with plenty of Scotland fans from other teams, mainly Celtic truth be told, and when a player pulls on a Scotland jersey, they do support them for that 90 minutes. Dont get me wrong, there is always that temptation to have a go at a rivals player and blame them for the poor result, but we are just as guilty as anyone for that. Happens with ever country.

When Scott Brown and Mulgrew etc pull on the blue of Scotland, they get my backing. Take them over that we shite McGeady or his mate McCarthy anyday.

When they put on their Celtic strips, I go back to hating them.

The more of us Rangers fans that support Scotland, the more we can influence opinions. Im not willing to just hand over my national team to other clubs fans. We are scotland's biggest and most sucessful team. We should be more powerful in that support than the rest of them combined.

That small feeling is probably what many fans from outside of our own support think is happening with us. That no matter how much we cut out or reduce the sectarian (ever shrinking that it is) element, our good fans are probably sitting back saying it under our breath.

I am mates with plenty of Scotland fans from other teams, mainly Celtic truth be told, and when a player pulls on a Scotland jersey, they do support them for that 90 minutes. Dont get me wrong, there is always that temptation to have a go at a rivals player and blame them for the poor result, but we are just as guilty as anyone for that. Happens with ever country.

When Scott Brown and Mulgrew etc pull on the blue of Scotland, they get my backing. Take them over that we shite McGeady or his mate McCarthy anyday.

When they put on their Celtic strips, I go back to hating them.

The more of us Rangers fans that support Scotland, the more we can influence opinions. Im not willing to just hand over my national team to other clubs fans. We are scotland's biggest and most sucessful team. We should be more powerful in that support than the rest of them combined.

I don't think us supporting the national team has ANY baring on being able to influence decisions. Not one jot to be fair.

Though personally you can support guys like Brown, Mulgrew and the traitors. I can't. But that's just one of the many reasons I've got.

I don't think us supporting the national team has ANY baring on being able to influence decisions. Not one jot to be fair.

Though personally you can support guys like Brown, Mulgrew and the traitors. I can't. But that's just one of the many reasons I've got.

I would support Brown and Mulgrew, their offence happens to be playing for the tims (and in Brown's case, being a wee shite). Naismith I could never though.

The other guys like McGregor im okay with, but that wee fud will forever be a prick.

If you could not put your feelings aside about tim players, then there might be tim fans who cant put their feelings aside towards our players. Could explain the small number of boos if they did happen.

I could never boo a scotland player, just as I would never boo a Rangers player.

Said it in the other thread but bears who put on England tops and cheer them on and slag Scotland off are no worse than the plastic paddies across the city. Our manager was sitting at half time referring to the Scotland team as "us" and we had one of our players feature in the game, the guys on the pitch didn't fuck us over, it was the guys in the suits behind the scenes.

Said it in the other thread but bears who put on England tops and cheer them on and slag Scotland off are no worse than the plastic paddies across the city. Our manager was sitting at half time referring to the Scotland team as "us" and we had one of our players feature in the game, the guys on the pitch didn't fuck us over, it was the guys in the suits behind the scenes.

Can't agree whatsoever. England are a home nation. Dawning a Republic of Ireland top and cheering them .... you might aswell put on a Norway or Columbia top ... it's a foreign country that's fuck-all to do with them.

For what it's worth I don't support the English national team, but there's Bears that support all home nations - aside from Scotland, for obvious reasons. I don't think that makes them taig-like whatsoever. I respect that.

When did the English FA try to kill our team and then take titles off us? hand us illegal transfer embargos or relegate us?

As for McCoist that's upto him if he wants to call Scotland us. No problem with that, but he doesn't speak for Rangers or at least every fan when it comes to international football.

Can't agree whatsoever. England are a home nation. Dawning a Republic of Ireland top and cheering them .... you might aswell put on a Norway or Columbia top ... it's a foreign country that's fuck-all to do with them.

For what it's worth I don't support the English national team, but there's Bears that support all home nations - aside from Scotland, for obvious reasons. I don't think that makes them taig-like whatsoever. I respect that.

The taigs were founded by the Irish though. And they've got this daft allegiance with them, I see what you're saying to an extent, but it isn't as foreign as you're making out. I don't have anything against the English national team myself, I would put on a Scotland top and cheer them on before I would put on an England top for example. To each their own, but it bothers me when bears wish broken legs upon the Scottish players (not talking about taigs or our former players) just because what went on with the SFA. I don't like the arrogance of the English media as well, they look at us as a fucking joke, our league, our clubs, our national team. When in reality their national team massively underacheives themselves.