Gordon Dalziel says end of season match-fixing is rife and everyone knows it.

OlegKuznetsov

Apparently, Gordon Daziel has came out and said that in the lower leagues, everybody know that when you get meaningless games at the end of the season players fix matches to make some extra cash.

He is supposed to have made these comments on air tonight.

Remember that "only match fixing was worse" last year. This year, after one apparent case being exposed in the media, nobody thinks it's that bad after all.

Apparently, he's quite emphatic about it. I think it was Snyde that he was on.

Have to say, I don't remember him saying this, having listened to the whole program. He said there was rife betting but he didn't talk about fixing, as far as I recall.

Remember reading in some paper a wee while back, an ex-player, potentially Eddie Annand, saying once how betting on games near the end of the season and he cost the team their holiday kitty as they all put him on as first scorer and he missed a pen early doors, which sounded as though it was set up, then the other team scored. Said it was par for the course in the lower leagues.

NixonRFC, on 12 September 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I was listening to the show, he was going off his own experinces, bunch of old diddies trying to top up their part time wage packets, its not right but going after them wouldn't be any real benefit to anyone

It wouldn't really be worth going back that far anyway.

Get real you don't have to back far because there are young diddies that have been at it recently ! Fuck me naive or whit !

NixonRFC, on 12 September 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I was listening to the show, he was going off his own experinces, bunch of old diddies trying to top up their part time wage packets, its not right but going after them wouldn't be any real benefit to anyone

It wouldn't really be worth going back that far anyway.

Get real you don't have to back far because there are young diddies that have been at it recently ! Fuck me naive or whit !

Im alluding to the guys Dalziel was referring to...jeeez!!