The day Arbroath won at Ibrox

The Widow's Son

Early 1970's with Andy Penman starring for the Red Lichties. They also had a fair-haired striker named Fletcher who covered every blade of grass and scored if I recall. Late winner for them on an off-day for us. Rainy day at Ibrox so it was, so it was. Maybe the older bears recall this one too. Perhaps YouTube has the highlights.

I attended said game noted by the OP.

We lost 2-3, after being 1-0 to the good at half time. The front trio of John Fletcher, Billy Pirie, and Andy Penman(our 12th man in Barca) played for 25 second half minutes and ripped our defence a new one.

Ibrox applauded Arbroath from the park that day.

Interestingly, that same season at Gayfield, ra green'n'grey hooped horrors killed one of their fellow supporters. The game was a sell-out and the police ordered the pay-at-the-gate turnstyles closed. The jolly craicsters stormed the main gate, it fell on a wheel chair bound supporter. The Yahoos ran over the large wooden gate, pinned the disabled supporter, and crushed him.

Another highlight in the phenomenon that self styles itself as TGFITW.

I attended said game noted by the OP.

We lost 2-3, after being 1-0 to the good at half time. The front trio of John Fletcher, Billy Pirie, and Andy Penman(our 12th man in Barca) played for 25 second half minutes and ripped our defence a new one.

Ibrox applauded Arbroath from the park that day.

Interestingly, that same season at Gayfield, ra green'n'grey hooped horrors killed one of their fellow supporters. The game was a sell-out and the police ordered the pay-at-the-gate turnstyles closed. The jolly craicsters stormed the main gate, it fell on a wheel chair bound supporter. The Yahoos ran over the large wooden gate, pinned the disabled supporter, and crushed him.

Another highlight in the phenomenon that self styles itself as TGFITW.

Another disgrace swept under the carpet

Early 1970's with Andy Penman starring for the Red Lichties. They also had a fair-haired striker named Fletcher who covered every blade of grass and scored if I recall. Late winner for them on an off-day for us. Rainy day at Ibrox so it was, so it was. Maybe the older bears recall this one too. Perhaps YouTube has the highlights.

You taking time out from eatin a priests cock ya fuckin warmer

I went to that game as a wee boy, one of the one's I remember as we did not seem to get beat as often at Ibrox in those days and can remember the disappointment. Can still remember teams like Arbroath and East Fife in those days with their "old fashioned" colours and the wee pocket of noise that went up away at the far end if they scored a goal.

Youtube does have highlights so strange comment from OP.

I prefer to remember the day Colin Stein (Legend) played his first game for The Rangers against Arbroath at Gayfield and scored a 5 minute hat-trick in a 5-1 win, Bud scored the other 2, in fact Rangers players scored all the goals with Arbroaths coming from a Dave Smith o.g. !

I prefer to remember the day Colin Stein (Legend) played his first game for The Rangers against Arbroath at Gayfield and scored a 5 minute hat-trick in a 5-1 win, Bud scored the other 2, in fact Rangers players scored all the goals with Arbroaths coming from a Dave Smith o.g. !

I remember that game. Colin, Colin, Colin Stein, what a player!

And as you know he went on to score another 5 in the next two games, my hero. Still is.

Checked out the YouTube highlights. Half empty ground; the old Centenary Stand; black and white memories from the long ago; some fine players in that game like Parlane and Tommy McLean. Good to hear Arthur Montford mention Cammy Murray, a fine servant of the game who played with St. Mirren - I was fortunate enough to meet him once in Toronto.

Don't recognise the Rangers goalie. Can anyone help me with this one?

Checked out the YouTube highlights. Half empty ground; the old Centenary Stand; black and white memories from the long ago; some fine players in that game like Parlane and Tommy McLean. Good to hear Arthur Montford mention Cammy Murray, a fine servant of the game who played with St. Mirren - I was fortunate enough to meet him once in Toronto.

Don't recognise the Rangers goalie. Can anyone help me with this one?

Looks like Stewart Kennedy to me.