Barrie McKay yesterday

GOAT

Was on the pitch minutes, and in those minutes done what most either couldn't do or where scared to do. Took a player on and his pace won us a corner.

Start him next week. Let's see what he can do now he has a decent midfield behind him, and a decent attacking midfielder next to him. His pace could destroy teams in this league.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was on the pitch minutes, and in those minutes done what most either couldn't do or where scared to do. Took a player on and his pace won us a corner.

Start him next week. Let's see what he can do now he has a decent midfield behind him, and a decent attacking midfielder next to him. His pace could destroy teams in this league.

You'll think I'm blowing hot and cold (going by that other thread) but I agree & said so in another thread yesterday. He took men on with the ball at his feet & it was a joy to behold!

Do you really think Ally will drop one of his favs for young Barrie?

Most of the time his pace couldn't destroy the teams in an inferior league last season.

Some people are suffering from a very common disease, in connection with Barrie, right now. While he's out the team he's the answer to all our problems. Give him 4-5 games on the bounce though and he'll inevitably suffer with a bit of inconsistency, being a teenage winger, and you'll have the self same hypocrites calling for him to start every game telling us all he's not good enough...like they did last season.

Most of the time his pace couldn't destroy the teams in an inferior league last season.

Some people are suffering from a very common disease, in connection with Barrie, right now. While he's out the team he's the answer to all our problems. Give him 4-5 games on the bounce he'll inevitably suffer with a bit of consistency being a teenage winger, and you'll have the self same hypocrites calling for him to start every game telling us all he's not good enough...

Ally would play him at right back anyway so no point in starting him if that's going to be the case (tu)

In my view some of the most positive exciting play last season was Barrie linking with Lee Wallace before Barrie was injured. I'd like to see that pairing again this season even if it means there needs to be some rotation depending on the game and surface. I know there needs to be some protection for younger players by avoiding over-playing but in my view we've not seen enough of Barrie playing this season so far.

Some people are suffering from a very common disease, in connection with Barrie, right now. While he's out the team he's the answer to all our problems. Give him 4-5 games on the bounce though and he'll inevitably suffer with a bit of consistency, being a teenage winger, and you'll have the self same hypocrites calling for him to start every game telling us all he's not good enough...like they did last season.

Barrie played really well at times last season, but he never had the service the players next to him who could help him make a difference. I believe in Law he has that one player who can find him in these positions.

Start him and if he doesn't live up to potential, then you change it. Playing a left back at left midfield, or a central midfielder on the right is not the answer. Especially when you have natural widemen sitting on their arses on the bench.

Barrie is a player who would worry the opposition.

We should be playing offensive players like him rather than a more defensive option like smith.

Let our opposition fear our set up and have to adapt, rather than us basing our setup to counter them. Our defence now has the personnel to cope without such a defensive midfield.

Barrie played really well at times last season, but he never had the service the players next to him who could help him make a difference. I believe in Law he has that one player who can find him in these positions.

Start him and if he doesn't live up to potential, then you change it. Playing a left back at left midfield, or a central midfielder on the right is not the answer. Especially when you have natural widemen sitting on their arses on the bench.

imo his style and ability is better suited in a super-sub role for the time being. I wouldn't be against him starting for a run of games, but I am pretty certain he would have inconsistent performances like he did last year.

imo his style and ability is better suited in a super-sub role for the time being. I wouldn't be against him starting for a run of games, but I am pretty certain he would have inconsistent performances like he did last year.

I agree. He's much more of an impact player.

Usually when he starts he's in-effective, but bring him on and he adds some pace and something fresh. Some players are just like that. He's a squad player.

I agree. He's much more of an impact player.

Usually when he starts he's in-effective, but bring him on and he adds some pace and something fresh. Some players are just like that. He's a squad player.

Some players have successful careers primarily in that role. Most of the times last season he started he ended up anonymous in the game. I'm not saying that's all he can be, he's still only 18/19 and can learn, improve, become more consistent as a regular starter. But, right now being able to bring him off the bench is a useful tactic in our squad.