We have astro-turf/plastic/synthetic pitches at the training ground

1st_Jan_1994

Don't we?

Do we even use them?

Not starting another negative thread or purpose or for attention but I'm genuinely interested. If we do, do we not do prep work and train on them in the week before a game on an artificial pitch, like yesterday? how can we use it as an excuse if we can train on it and prepare and get a feel for it?

I appreciate there's different types 3g/ 4g etc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The air is warmer and drier so offers less resistance and the ball moves faster. Also there is no wind so it takes a more predictable path.

OK fair enough .... seems really intricate though and detailed ... we played the best we've played in ages on Airdrie's pitch and didn't hear McCoist mention the pitch then ...

We have an indoor and outdoor astro facility....so there is no excuse. My team plays our home games at greenfield in shettleston which is a 4g pitch and we all prefer it as the bounce is truer and it's more conducive to getting the ball down and playing football! I think as much as anything else it's an attitude thing with some of our players but our tactics on these pitches is all wrong!

I believe that Ally will get it right but he needs to stop bringing up this excuse of the artificial pitch. It's wearing ridiculously thin.

Lets be honest if the likes of Forfar had red ash pitches or played on tarmac we should still be demolishing them with relative ease.