Nicky Clark

AlexRFC

what does this lad have to do to get a game, scored 42 goals at this level last year and looked like he had a good connection with daly in the games he has played in. With some players not playing anywhere near good enough surely its only a matter of time before hes starting.

what does this lad have to do to get a game, scored 42 goals at this level last year and looked like he had a good connection with daly in the games he has played in. With some players not playing anywhere near good enough surely its only a matter of time before hes starting.

Daly upfront himself is the way it will be. We all just need to get used to it, sadly.

McCoist has definetly earmarked Daly as his No1 forward and has Clark as back up but Clark will get his chance at some point.

I think Clark deserves just as much of a chance as Daly and would like to see him more as well though (tu)

And therein lies the problem. He should have two first choice forwards, not one.

I love super ally but his excuse about the conditions was awful, if he was concerned about the wind why keep playing the high ball to daly , especially against big marv , surely in windy conditions the ball is better played on the deck

He's only been available for team selection for 3 weeks. Daly has been playing since the Albion Rovers game and has more than shown his worth to the side, albeit not as a lone striker up top. The ideal partnership at Rangers just now is Daly and Clark, and I believe McCoist knows that. People seem to panic when things are shuffled around and I have absolutely no idea why. More to the point, its only the end of September and apparently, with the embargo also to take into consideration, that's enough time to make the judgement that McCoist doesn't believe in Clark's ability.

Clark will get his run of games soon and he'll thrive off Daly's service as a target man. Have some patience.

Mind you that's a luxury on RangersMedia these days.

And therein lies the problem. He should have two first choice forwards, not one.

To be honest as much as I rate Clark and would like to see him given a chance at center forward, I'd rather see Little prioritized for that position over Clark.

I find it more of an injustice Little is stuck on the right wing than Clark is on the bench.

Like Compton says I expect Clark to be given his chances this season and I'm sure he'll do a job for us (tu)

So after 3 games of being able to pick from the squad unhindered we have some saying Ally has already picked his first 11 for the season and players will suffer because of this? This place. doh

We had people saying a similar thing about Little last season, he ended up with the Sam English bowl.

Nicky will get plenty games this season. Whether he'll take his chances is up for debate.

Our biggest assets this season should be our sharpness, fitness, experience and ability.

I think Little and Clark should be the front 2, Movement, pace and guile.

McCoist and Durrant refer to Daly as their Battering Ram, IMHO that just brings us down to a level where other teams are more comfortable

Our biggest assets this season should be our sharpness, fitness, experience and ability.

McCoist and Durrant refer to Daly as their Battering Ram, IMHO that just brings us down to a level where other teams are more comfortable

That's so depressing. It brings us back to 1980 and the days of Colin McAdam. In fact make that 1956 and Don Kichenbrand.

So after 3 games of being able to pick from the squad unhindered we have some saying Ally has already picked his first 11 for the season and players will suffer because of this? This place.

We had people saying a similar thing about Little last season, he ended up with the Sam English bowl.

Nicky will get plenty games this season. Whether he'll take his chances is up for debate.

he should have been brought on sunday to try and kill the game off , instead we bring on faure and cling on for a 1-0 win. I agree I think he will get games but I think it will be mainly at ibrox, hes young , should be giving him regular football and helping him develop , scored 42 goals last season and has potential

I'm not buying the whole wind pish. We're a Scottish team ffs, it's not as if we're playing in 35 degree heat in the lovely tropics week in week out. Play the ball along the deck and it won't be an issue, the other team have to play in it as well. Nonsense man.

Templeton and McKay on the wings a lot of pace to add to the attack with Law supporting aswell, would score a barrel load with that I reckon

To be honest as much as I rate Clark and would like to see him given a chance at center forward, I'd rather see Little prioritized for that position over Clark.

I find it more of an injustice Little is stuck on the right wing than Clark is on the bench.

Like Compton says I expect Clark to be given his chances this season and I'm sure he'll do a job for us (tu)

Little is definitely deserving of a chance up front as well. I'd just like to see at least 4 players competing for 2 places up front. Rather than 1 player playing not particularly well for 90 minutes and nobody else getting so much as 10 minutes to show what they can do.

Templeton and McKay on the wings a lot of pace to add to the attack with Law supporting aswell, would score a barrel load with that I reckon

2009-10 in the lead up to Christmas, We had bad injuries and suspensions. Walter had to play Beasley and Novo in the wide positions, he stumbled on a team that destroyed everything put in front of them, width and pace, we were dynamite and scored about 26 goals in 5 games.

needless to say the team reverted back to normal when the injuries and suspensions cleared

2009-10 in the lead up to Christmas, We had bad injuries and suspensions. Walter had to play Beasley and Novo in the wide positions, he stumbled on a team that destroyed everything put in front of them, width and pace, we were dynamite and scored about 26 goals in 5 games.

needless to say the team reverted back to normal when the injuries and suspensions cleared

I'd forgotten about that spell. We were sensational.

Agree with this.

Little and Clark should be in there, they would score a Barrowload.

We should have a Bears Den wind forum. Save it being brought up in every thread.

Amazing how many Rangers fans latch on to an innocuous statement from the manager and use it as a stick to beat him with repetitively.

I really see it as he had Two choices... either revert back to last Seasons style of play or go with Two strikers who would have ran the opponents ageing centre halfs apart on the ground. No insult meant towards Ally, but he got it wrong. His constant selection of Daly is worrying.

Last game he started he was anonymous and hardly moved from the box.

Little and Jig should be the front 2 until they hit a dry spell or poor run of form.

Glad you said it and not me. Was what I was thinking. Wouldn't for one second say that Clark isn't going to do well for us because we've only seen him in short bursts so far. I'd hope he'd be better than what we've seen of him though