Wonga Would have been cheaper!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking mate. I know what you mean i could name a couple of posters of the top of my head that i never see in the football threads.

I understand frustrations but when we have results and performances like today we should drop the other shite, surely we could do that for one night??

I don't doubt this loan is real. Bear in mind though, we had very little lines of credit and this was at a time when other forums/groups were calling to starve the club of cash and refuse to buy ST books, so it's easy to see why the club would have took this loan with uncertainty in mind.

Do I agree with it, hell no, but if that money went towards keeping the club afloat at the time until ST monies came in then what else could the club possibly do?

what happens on the park does not detract from what is happening in our boardroom

And what happens on the park will ALWAYS be our biggest factor!!

Rangers football club will be here far beyond us and those who are current "custodians" we are though still a football club and surely our fans are entightled to have one night at the very least to enjoy an excellent performance?

And what happens on the park will ALWAYS be our biggest factor!!

Rangers football club will be here far beyond us and those who are current "custodians" we are though still a football club and surely our fans are entightled to have one night at the very least to enjoy an excellent performance?

These clowns in our board could put all that at risk just like Craig Whyte done.

If you have £590K ,

10% = £59K

50%= £295K

100%=£590K

so if we were charged 440% ,would that not be £2million 596,000 <cr>

The figure of 440% is the annual percentage rate (APR) - what it would cost for the loan over a year. APR is the normal way of comparing loans against each other, and the stick that many people use to beat Wonga and other short term loan providers with.

Having said that £50k per week interest a loan of of £590k does seem very high to me.

Convenient that the loans were from friends of Charlie. Seems much of the time rangers lose cash Charlie's mates make money. Ahmed taking a cut of all deals brokered...ridiculous. The 100% bonuses for winning a shoe in of a league...ridiculous. These loan terms...ridiculous. 1p shares for all Charlie's buddies...ridiculous. I'm sure there's more. Wasn't security brought in- house by Charlie and it turns out its actually Charlie's company doing the security now. How many other deals have been struck that are on favourable terms for friends of Charlie.

This is a very specific allegation which if true has some serious implications so surely it is up to the Board to disprove it at the earliest opportunity.

I know if I was involved with a Board who were falsely accused of a business arrangement such as this I would be falling over myself to make sure I disproved it. Over to the Board . . . .

How many times do I have to repeat myself,a board of no wrongdoing would be onto this on a heartbeat to suppress an already agitated support.Their silence is deafening.....

Is there proof of these accusations? If so why can't it be presented so we can see for ourselves wrong-doing? The OP is concerning but I see statements of fact, no evidence and no one has put their name to it.

Who is the alternative to this board and what guarantee is there that they'll be any different? What investment & expertise will they be bringing to the club?.....Why didn't they buy the club when they had the chance, how many shares have they bought so far? What is their interest in Rangers?

it says on it the proof is in the minutes from oct

Convenient that the loans were from friends of Charlie. Seems much of the time rangers lose cash Charlie's mates make money. Ahmed taking a cut of all deals brokered...ridiculous. The 100% bonuses for winning a shoe in of a league...ridiculous. These loan terms...ridiculous. 1p shares for all Charlie's buddies...ridiculous. I'm sure there's more. Wasn't security brought in- house by Charlie and it turns out its actually Charlie's company doing the security now. How many other deals have been struck that are on favourable terms for friends of Charlie.

Charlie and his fckn angels in some of our supports eyes... :rolleyes:

I am guessing this is a loan that was required in the early days, when the bills needed paying ahead of investment. Costing £50k per week would not have been too bad, had they originally thought it was going to be a quick loan.

I ain't sure we should be losing sleep over this one - many people would have considered loans like this prior to gaining long term investment.

How many times do I have to repeat myself,a board of no wrongdoing would be onto this on a heartbeat to suppress an already agitated support.Their silence is deafening.....

Why silence someting like this? This is a non-story being spun against the current board when the loan was took out over a year ago when we had no other credit facilities.

It's easy to spin manure into silk if your buyer wants to wear a shite shirt.

That's because it is from the Board minutes from 31st October - Paragraph 9.

Why silence someting like this? This is a non-story being spun against the current board when the loan was took out over a year ago when we had no other credit facilities.

A year on, who is our credit facility now?

Will Stockbridge and Co follow Ally's example and take a wage cut?

We had no credit facilities so it seems the people who bought us decided they would exploit that. And it's mates of a charlie who have been given the loan shark rates.

I never mentioned THIS,i was reflecting on events of late,tell you what,if I was head of this board I would want the disharmony they have created,sorted asap...

Anyone got a copy of those minutes they can put up on the site? What about the answers to the other important questions?

I'm not against the good of the club - I'm just not backing someone else's agenda when they don't want the fans as whole to know what they are backing.

All should be revealed sometime next week.