Rangers statement on Complaints

North Rd

WOW, thats some non statement.....

Rangers statement....

@MartynMcL: Rangers statement: "The club is aware of complaints regarding the conduct of Armed Forces personnel on the pitch at half time and ..." 1/2

@MartynMcL: "understand that Police Scotland are investigating the circumstances therefore it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage.”

What a loada pisss.

MOD are bound by British law not the Scottish "lets make up some vague p1sh" law (for the FOCUS members monitoring this I will point you to the sheriff who stated the law is mince). Worst that can be is "bringing the army into disrepute".

Can't see it coming to that to be honest, feck all in it, it's a sodding scarf.

I wouldn't expect the club to make an official statement if the police are investigating as there is little they can say.

Hopefully the investigation will clear the troops and they will be back again next year at Ibrox, though probably with instructions to stay away from the fans or something similar.

I wouldn't expect the club to make an official statement if the police are investigating as there is little they can say.

Hopefully the investigation will clear the troops and they will be back again next year at Ibrox, though probably with instructions to stay away from the fans or something similar.

That alone will still be seen as a satisfying victory for these pathetic tarriers

Maybe the haters should read this.

http://www.royalnavy...30/130930-Ibrox

Cheers Mate (tu)

Armed Forces Day At Ibrox

d155fc24b17143b392fe7b076d1b0f60-417x313.jpg

I very much hope this inaugural AFD day at Rangers will be repeated annually for many years to come.

Major General Eeles

30/09/2013

Rangers and the Rangers Charity Foundation were proud to be welcoming over 400 armed services personnel to Ibrox on Saturday 28 September as part of a special event to honour the brave men and women of our armed forces.

Fans had a chance to show their appreciation for the work and sacrifice of men and women when they were led out onto the pitch at half time by an army band to receive the applause of the crowd.

Supporters had a stunning display as Royal Marine commandos, led by Sergeant Jeffrey, abseiled in to the stadium prior to kick off and hand the match ball over to the referee.

Representatives from each branch of the armed services also lead the teams out onto the pitch prior to kick-off.

The Club was also playing host to senior representatives from each branch of the armed services in the Directors Box, including Major General Nick Eeles, General Officer Commanding Scotland.

Major General Eeles said:

"On behalf of the Armed Forces in Scotland I would like to thank Rangers for inviting 400 members of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army, and Royal Air Force to the match.

"Although Armed Forces Day (AFD) is held in June each year (outside the football season), I was delighted when Rangers came forward with the idea of holding their own annual celebration of AFD once the new season had kicked off.

“I very much hope this inaugural AFD day at Rangers will be repeated annually for many years to come, and that it will you an appropriate opportunity to show your support for today’s generation of selfless, committed and courageous Armed Forces personnel, all of whom are enormously proud to serve their Queen and their country."

Ally McCoist added:

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for us all to show our appreciation for the men and women who sacrifice so much for our country. I am sure the fans will give them an amazing Ibrox welcome.”

All branches of the armed forces were represented at Ibrox and The Rangers Charity Foundation hosted a can collection as part of its new initiative, the Fans Forces Fund.

Erskine and SSAFA won the fans’ vote to share £15,000, which will be donated at the end of the season, and today’s collection is our first step on the way to achieving that target.

http://www.royalnavy...30/130930-Ibrox

What a fucking joke.

Since FOCUS are watching (and I hope they are), then I understand that the police have to investigate ALL complaints. I wouldn't have it any other way.

However, it is also a criminal offence to waste police time, is it not? This complaint should either be upheld (which would be fucking ridiculous), or the complainant gets charged with wasting police time.

We live in a democracy after all and we should all be treated fairly by the laws of the land.

Cracking quote.

"I very much hope this inaugural AFD day at Rangers will be repeated annually for many years to come, and that it will you an appropriate opportunity to show your support for today’s generation of selfless, committed and courageous Armed Forces personnel, all of whom are enormously proud to serve their Queen and their country."