rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

Terrible decision!

Why pay over £7 million in wages and yet call off a game against a 3rd tier team due to possibly 3 players missing.

This whole disadvantaged argument is a non starter. Our squad in my view is the second best in Scotland behind Celtic, Ally is making himself look very poor as a manager if he doesn't think he can reshuffle his very expensive squad for a game againt Dunfermline!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit short notice for the guys that have booked flights so feel sorry for them. Think the manager is right to do so why play at a disadvantage? Also going to a game at half five on a sat night sounded shit.

To illustrate my point about the manager

Today Spurs started three players that also started the big match against Chelsea at the weekend. That is correct started three players not lost three players from his ( possibly) strongest side as played in the big match v Chelsea.

That meant their manager, having looked at the opposition, felt comfortable in dropping eight players and replacing them with squad members simply because he knew he had a much better squad than the opposition. And that was in Europe not SPFL 3

Now we have been told that Ally could not do without three players and that any manager would have done the same.

Is anybody getting my point?

It's all about managing your squad

And yes I know we are not Tottenham Hotspur but relative to Dunfermline we may as well be

Hands up, I was one of the ones saying no way would this be changed because of BT Sport's involvement so very surprised at this.

I understand it's the managers right to make the decision but would it not benefit us more to just go ahead for the TV money? I don't care about Dunfermline and their cut, I only care about Rangers. Our squad has more than enough cover for the missing players and to get a decent win.

Either way, they've known there's a good chance we'd have a few international call-ups this weekend so it's a bit shit for some of the guys that have been planning big days out for this and even a couple coming from down south that have been asking on here for weeks, especially only giving a weeks notice.

To illustrate my point about the manager

Today Spurs started three players that also started the big match against Chelsea at the weekend. That is correct started three players not lost three players from his ( possibly) strongest side as played in the big match v Chelsea.

That meant their manager, having looked at the opposition, felt comfortable in dropping eight players and replacing them with squad members simply because he knew he had a much better squad than the opposition. And that was in Europe not SPFL 3

Now we have been told that Ally could not do without three players and that any manager would have done the same.

Is anybody getting my point?

It's all about managing your squad

And yes I know we are not Tottenham Hotspur but relative to Dunfermline we may as well be

Tbf mate I had not read your post .

I'm not going to change my view that he is a coward in cancelling this game.

He is telling the squad, the fans and the opposition he has no confidence in his squad to win a game at home unless he has all his key players available.

He is also telling the young players they are not good enough and if so then he has a major decision to make about them come the end of the season.

And it strikes me as quite sad that many think we are being 'professional' when the truth is we are playing Dunfermline at home and have to have a full strength team to beat them.

So much for Rangers being able to field a side regardless of the obstacles and still being expected to win.

That's not the point, they're not injured. He's using the rules to our advantage which he's more than entitled to do.

I feel for fans who've made arrangements as I've been there before but the team is more important.

You're just a totally pathetic excuse for a human being. You don't give a fucking toss about anybody else.

There is NO EXCUSE it is the fans that have kept the dream of the club alive. For the sake of 3 players in a squad that big he has basically SHAT on the fans.

Ffs booking hotels, trains, flights. He clearly either considers bar the full squad his team are crap or fans can tak a flying feck to their plans.

What happens if BT decide to show the rescheduled game on a wet, shitty midweek winters night? How many fans will decide to watch it in the warmth of the house or pub instead of spending money on a ticket? With all the talk of finances maybe someone should tell Ally that if he wants to SPEND SPEND SPEND in the top league then he should utilise his resources now.

He is telling the squad, the fans and the opposition he has no confidence in his squad to win a game at home unless he has all his key players available.

He is also telling the young players they are not good enough and if so then he has a major decision to make about them come the end of the season.

And it strikes me as quite sad that many think we are being 'professional' when the truth is we are playing Dunfermline at home and have to have a full strength team to beat them.

So much for Rangers being able to field a side regardless of the obstacles and still being expected to win.

I think we need to be consistent, and that consistency comes from applying the rule the same way each time. We either always play on, or we always call off. I think we have done the right thing. That way there will never be any doubt, nor will there be any nonsense from Gordon Dalziel as there was tonight, when he said that he believed the call off was made in order to avoid a confrontation between fans and the board at the last home match before the AGM.

can just imagine if we did play this game and lost...

I'm sure there would be more people asking the question why wasnt it postponed.

I'd rather rangers piss off a few fans and face dunf. with a full squad than play the game and piss off everyone if we got beat.

I'd rather rangers piss off a few fans and face dunf. with a full squad than play the game and piss off everyone if we got beat.

If we played Dunfermline at Ibrox and got beat with a team like Kev posted then the manager would get fucking slaughtered and rightly so

A defeat wouldn't be down to Wallace and McLeod

At the risk of repeating something that has been said several times already

Bell

Foster McCulloch Moshni Smith

Black

McKay Law Templeton

Daly Clark

Why don't you explain why you think a bankrupt team full of kids can turn over that Rangers side at Ibrox.

Nine of those players were signed by McCoist so he can hardly say he doesn't think they can play.

Coward? Aye, because he's scared of Dunfermline. I think some people are just deliberately missing the point, so eager are they to grab any excuse to have a go at the manager. It's about showing respect to the opposition and looking out for the interests of his own team. As I said, It's a strange set of affairs when people wish their team to go into a match with a disadvantage they do not need to have.

Coward? Aye, because he's scared of Dunfermline. I think some people are just deliberately missing the point, so eager are they to grab any excuse to have a go at the manager. It's about showing respect to the opposition and looking out for the interests of his own team. As I said, It's a strange set of affairs when people wish their team to go into a match with a disadvantage they do not need to have.

I dont know how anyone can think we would be at a disadvantage missing Lewis and Wallace...

At the risk of repeating something that has been said several times already

Bell

Foster McCulloch Moshni Smith

Black

McKay Law Templeton

Daly Clark

Why don't you explain why you think a bankrupt team full of kids can turn over that Rangers side at Ibrox.

Nine of those players were signed by McCoist so he can hardly say he doesn't think they can play.

The manager has not said that he doesn't think they can play, or that we would win the game.

However, I don't get the vitriol that is getting thrown around here.

As a fan who was travelling over 600miles on a round trip to see the game, I am disappointed it isn't going ahead, but I also think that those who pay either for a ticket or season ticket are entitled to expect to see the best we have available for league games.

Also think that sending out the message of complacency will be the wrong one for the management to give to the players and could encourage some of the laziness that was apparent in the second half of last season.

The over-reaction to this is baffling.

For the 100th time TWB no ones saying we wouldn't be at a disadvantage but the point your missing Is the measure of this disadvantage

It won't matter a jot when it will come to beating Dunfermline

Look at the alternative teams posted are you telling me that wouldn't beat them comfortably? Then weigh up all the downsides to the postponement ....

It's really simple

McCoist whilst doing what he thinks best - has shit himself

It's not the mark of a manager confident in his own abilities

I think we can all agree it could leave us at a disadvantage.

It is the level of that disadvantage and how we should handle it that splits opinion.

Some like TWB clearly think we need every player others like me think we could easily have handled their absence.

The team posted many times today contains nine players McCoist signed yet he is basically telling them they cannot be trusted to beat a third tier Scottish outfit.

How does he then expect these same players to perform in the top flight when we are promoted, or against a top flight side if we draw them in the cup?

All this fucking carry on. The game has been postponed. Some fans have been inconvenienced and may well be out of pocket too. It's not the first time it's happened, it won't be the last time. Just fucking move on. What do people want? Sack the manager? Sack the board?

It's done. We can't change it. It's a decision any club has the right to make. Move on!

The manager has not said that he doesn't think they can play, or that we would win the game.

However, I don't get the vitriol that is getting thrown around here.

As a fan who was travelling over 600miles on a round trip to see the game, I am disappointed it isn't going ahead, but I also think that those who pay either for a ticket or season ticket are entitled to expect to see the best we have available for league games.

Also think that sending out the message of complacency will be the wrong one for the management to give to the players and could encourage some of the laziness that was apparent in the second half of last season.

The over-reaction to this is baffling.

He has in effect said exactly that