Updated Membership Group Proposal

JMorrison1872

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree its a good idea, apart from the club running it, would it not be easier in some ways as looking at the German setup with the membership schemes, and incorporate some of their ideas. And maybe the kids membership shouldn't be involved unless the said kid is 16, as some folk might pay the extra and their kid is say 15. But I would probably be keen

This needs to happen, but I don't think we should be looking at the fine detail when the big things are still vague. A fundemental is who runs it - I don't think it should be the club, but the club would hopefully help promote it as they would see the financial benefit. Think the RFF model is the way to go. I'm totally for all this, but the fundamentals need set first, before thinging about benefits and subscription rates.

This needs to happen, but I don't think we should be looking at the fine detail when the big things are still vague. A fundemental is who runs it - I don't think it should be the club, but the club would hopefully help promote it as they would see the financial benefit. Think the RFF model is the way to go. I'm totally for all this, but the fundamentals need set first, before thinging about benefits and subscription rates.

The RFFF were unelected

We can't go down that route

It would need to be independent from the club or it would be toothless imo

All supporters groups separate from the club have proven to be toothless and divisive. One supporters group actively working with the club is what is required IMO of course.

All supporters groups separate from the club have proven to be toothless and divisive. One supporters group actively working with the club is what is required IMO of course.

But then you run the danger of it being scared of being critical it needs to be an independent body imo like the RST who imo are doing a god job

But then you run the danger of it being scared of being critical it needs to be an independent body imo like the RST who imo are doing a god job

If by doing a good job you mean pushing their own agendas then you are correct.

If you mean representing Rangers fans then you are deluded, sorry.

Dearie me. The RST doing a good job :000000082: Snoopy are you for real ? As for not being critical - I think if a supporters group has all the season ticket holders then the club will have no option but to listen to their point of view, but we must unite and start having dialogue.

If by doing a good job you mean pushing their own agendas then you are correct.

If you mean representing Rangers fans then you are deluded, sorry.

I wouldn't say pushing their own agendas i'd say raising legitimate concerns they represent their members that's all

Dearie me. The RST doing a good job :000000082: Snoopy are you for real ? As for not being critical - I think if a supporters group has all the season ticket holders then the club will have no option but to listen to their point of view, but we must unite and start having dialogue.

We will never unite it's too late which is very sad

Is there any chance this could be done or is it something we're just going to talk about for months?

Yes there is a chance.

The club has indicated it wants this route, they haven't done anything as yet.

We could canvas the club with the proposal given they would be willing to discuss.

Don't see why they wouldn't, it's in their best interests IMO.

Yes there is a chance.

We could canvas the club with the proposal given they would be willing to discuss.

Because they have been working on their own membership scheme for months now. Maybe

This needs to be fan led

Yes there is a chance.

Because they have been working on their own membership scheme for months now. Maybe

This needs to be fan led

would be interested if it included activities for the fans to get together with the aim of raising further income for the club to be spent on areas the members voted for. Members sponsored golf days, Q+A with players including dinner at Ibrox, founders trail days, trips to supporters clubs around the world or things of this ilk could be arranged and sold only to members( limited numbers first come first serve) with the funds raised being giving over the year to the club to be invested in pre voted for areas. This would encourage not only relations between fans who don't usually meet but also help fans feel closer to the club. Most of these are already done for the Rangers Charity Foundation so should be easy to arrange for the club but with the main aims of bringing the fans ideas to fruition by promoting single ideals and goals.

You have just contradicted yourself there?

You say they have and follow on to say maybe.

They said they are open to ideas, that's what this is.

Only because I am on my phone!! The club have said more than once that they are working on a membership scheme, to be announced.

My opinion, and I support your idea, is that it needs to be fan led. The problem with the RST, Assembly, RSA. ETC is that they are living in the past.

Supporters direct in England will support "Fans Co-operatives" which will allow you to achieve all that you want while providing full accountabilit, and independence.

This needs to be about the fans supporting the club and working with the board..... No contradictions here.