All this for £35

topgoalie

Taliking to an older bear lately and he was reminiscing about his time going to watch Rangers winning their unforgettable ECWC trophy in Barcelona.He was picked up with the Rosyth bus in Bonnybridge,then onto the airport,flight to Spain,then two nights bed and breakfast in Barcelona,bussed to and from the game,tickets in the third tier,he could not get on the park,but watched the mayhem the local police caused,then back to the hotel for the festivities,and bus back to the airport and home,all for the pricely sum of £35.00.The downside for him was the breakfast in the hotel :lol: as if he seen that???GOOD VALUE I would say!!!!....Any older bears confirm this?

I've dropped that paying for a round!

Big money in them days though.

Exactly mate,he ran a pub at the time and said he would have paid 10 times that,i know with inflation it must be 10 atleast times that amount,but fck to think £35.00.Would be interesting to know if any bears shared that bus,????

Exactly mate,he ran a pub at the time and said he would have paid 10 times that,i know with inflation it must be 10 atleast times that amount,but fck to think £35.00.Would be interesting to know if any bears shared that bus,????

I'm sure there's loads of posters on here that were there, JCDBear is one of them, not sure how he got there but threads like these are brilliant, hearing all the stories.

I'm sure there's loads of posters on here that were there, JCDBear is one of them, not sure how he got there but threads like these are brilliant, hearing all the stories.

Just trying to lighten the mood these days on a rather moribund Rangers media of late... :thumbup:

Roughly 500-600 quid in todays prices, still a bargain for a once in a life time experience. I was just a few years too young and wasn't allowed to go. Was at every home game up to the final.

Funny you should say that mate,i was at every game at home when we got to our last European Final,FK Zeta,Red Star Belgrade,Stuttgart,Ol Lyon,Barcelona,Panithinaikos,Werder Bremen,Sp.Lisbon,and Fiorentina...and could not get a ticket for the final [i went to the big screens in Ibrox] and I knew of folk that had never entered Ibrox getting one,,,,, :p20:

I was on about £30 quid clear working 7 days a week in 1973, earned less in 1972, remember I was paying up a motorbike at the time but still had plenty to spend, the weekend started on a Thursday( that was pay day, in cash). A rock concert would cost 30 shillings, a vinyl lp about 22 shillings, I reckon £ 35 quid would be about right.

Four of us (16 - 17 year olds) went and stayed in Salou for five nights, Sunday through Thursday.

Flights, accommodation, meals, transport to-from game were all included. IIRC cost was around 65 quid. Not bad value for money.

Remember having to cross rail-tracks to get to the beach which was OK if you were sober.

Arrived home on the Friday just too late (or too tired) to get to the parade around Ibrox. Saturday, totally hoarse from all the singing etc. in Spain, I remember going to see Scotland vs England on the Saturday. A crowd of around 120,000 in Hampden, including many guys wearing sombreros, to see Scotland lose to a solitary Alan Ball goal.

Not a bad week all round!!!!

More than a weeks wages back in the day.;-)

I was on 50p an hour back then time tax etc was taken out I was taking just over £16 pw home time I paid mother her lodge money was left with £12.00 so it works out about 3 weeks wages for me. :(

Funny you should say that mate,i was at every game at home when we got to our last European Final,FK Zeta,Red Star Belgrade,Stuttgart,Ol Lyon,Barcelona,Panithinaikos,Werder Bremen,Sp.Lisbon,and Fiorentina...and could not get a ticket for the final [i went to the big screens in Ibrox] and I knew of folk that had never entered Ibrox getting one,,,,, :p20:

I was at Manchester with no ticket, my two pals got their tickets from a Polish guy who flew to Manchester the day before the game with the tickets and wanted paid in American dollars??? £1400 in dollar equivilant it cost them for the pair, I think UEFA allocated tickets to all the participating clubs in the tourney, I would think he was a supporter of a Polish team who were ko'd.

fuckyou you ageist bastard :D

Oh and i wasnt there as i couldnt get time off school :D

part timer. You would still pass out today having to spend 35 quid on a euro trip ya miserable bastard!

fuckyou you ageist bastard :D

Oh and i wasnt there as i couldnt get time off school :D

Were you a janitor ? Catholic school ? :)

I was 12 at the time, so no way was I going to be allowed either.

The whole family deliberately avoided the score on the radio and TV as the game had a delayed transmission. Turned on the TV when we thought the game was finished and the guy on the news channel was announcing the game had been slightly delayed due to the pitch invasions and the score was 3-2 with a few minutes to go. Had to watch almost the whole game knowing what the score was with a few minutes to go.