Young William, Ibrox power play continues.

bawsburst

Excellent words from young Will.

October 8, 2013

Ibrox Boardroom Power Plays Continue

As I alluded to yesterday and blogged previously, Dave King is now talking to Rangers directors about a possible involvement at Ibrox.

King would definitely be a unifying figure and be acceptable to supporters on both sides of the Civil War at the club. I am not sure what role the directors envisage for him but in my view he would make an excellent Chairman.

King is seen as old school Rangers and his business success and acumen qualifies him greatly.

There is no use denying, however, that he may have a real problem passing the SFA’s fit and proper person test.

His problems with SARS may be pretty much sorted but it is the detail of these which could prove a stickler, including his pleading guilty to 41 counts of contravening section 75 of the Income Tax Act.

Many Rangers fans will be hoping this is a hurdle the Castlemilk-born entrepreneur can overcome.

Dave King’s possible involvement with Rangers will not be good news for the Requisition Party seeking to oust some on the current board.

King’s bluenose credentials and business record far outweigh anything the Requisitioners can bring to the table.

Meanwhile, those who support the Requisitioners keep scoring own goals in the contest.

For example, why the growing trend among those who are pro-Minico in the boardroom wars to use the term “Sevco” when referring to the club?

This is not a term any genuine Ranger would ever use and is obnoxious to bluenoses.

People have been asking me more and more if the Sack the Board side have been infiltrated by the club’s enemies.

I’ll leave that for others to speculate about but I will say that sounding like enemies of Rangers and using the terminology of enemies of Rangers is not doing this faction any favours.

As I blogged yesterday, Dave King is not the only heavy hitter interested in Rangers at this moment. It would be no surprise if Rangers was to be the object of a bidding war between prospective buyers.

It’s all good news for the club because it means that people view Rangers as a good investment and viable business. Of course, the scaremongers would have us believe different but surely if, as they claim, they only want what’s best for Rangers, they would welcome Dave King with open arms? Or, indeed, any serious investor?

Whoever ends up running things at Ibrox will have to go through the Easdales. They are still my long-term bet on being the power at Ibrox for the foreseeable future.

Sandy Easdale could be Mr Rangers for many years to come and it would take a lot to stop this. I accept this might not please some but in the end, after all the brouhaha, money talks and bullshit walks.

The Easdales have put their money where their intentions are. They have laid a marker down which others have so far failed to match up to.

It’s one thing to get a bunch of sweetie-wife activist investors twitchy and promise them better performance; it’s a whole different league when you do your talking with serious wedge.

There are a lot of people coveting the famous blue blazers right now.

All that Rangers fans want is that they end up sitting on the right shoulders.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/ibrox-boardroom-power-plays-continue/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm firmly in the McColl/Murray camp and have never referred to the club as Sevco. Where has this come from? I only use RM and haven't seen it here.

It came from The Blue Knights facebook page the other day.

“Sorry for going on and on Bears, but this McMurdo has seriously lost the Plot. What follows are extracts from his latest Propaganda Piece passed for publication by the Sevco Propaganda Ministry.

The first wild claims starts off with the wildest accusation ever when speaking about a proposed Board Members, Scott Murdoch.

Here’s what he had to say about a man only just entering the Frey. Alan at the end of the day. Sevco are seeking fresh investment. So it comes down to, do you want more Investors who have ties to Easdale, Mather, Green, Ahmad and the Sevco King Whyte or do you want True Scottish rangers fans with a love for our Club and promises of Re-investment running our Club prudently, getting the best man for the job after head hunting him, or have sevco ring up 1 of their friends to plug any boardroom gaps.”

https://www.facebook.com/TheBlueKnightsRFC?fref=ts

He paying you to post then here since he doesn't have the balls to do it himself.

Have you moved on from Charlie Green to Bill's fanboy :thumbup:

As long as your wannabe bloggers brains keep falling out of your arse you will never aspire to the giddy heights reached by young William. :thumbup:

As long as your wannabe bloggers brains keep falling out of your arse you will never aspire to the giddy heights reached by young William. :thumbup:

Heights reached because of Daddy, not because he is good at it.

His 'information' is very often proved to be bullshit and ever since his childish handbags with Leggo, his credibility is in tatters.

Now run along ya little leach :thumbup:

Heights reached because of Daddy, not because he is good at it.

His 'information' is very often proved to be bullshit and ever since his childish handbags with Leggo, his credibility is in tatters.

Now run along ya little leach :thumbup:

How do you manage to run with one hand over your arse to keep your brains in you brazen hussy... (tu):burt:

Is this the same wank that told us Thompson was a great guy ,what's the giddy heights that he's reached, sick to death of all the agenda pushing shite that bloggers on both sides are writing