Lest We Forget display today.

watching the British Legion on bbc, wow when they surprised that wee girl with her dad who she thought was still serving, the tears were blinding me, some of the stories and memories makes you just glow with pride. sorry but salmond can do one, from one scot who is wholeheartedly proud to be British

:7325:

An absolutely outstanding effort from the club and our fans. They alone are responsible for the emotional and mental well-being of the army in a country that allows their name to be defamed irresponsibly and prejudicially. I do not know of another civilised nation where the serving army past and present is allowed to be held in contempt. Applause for all who helped

An absolutely outstanding effort from the club and our fans. They alone are responsible for the emotional and mental well-being of the army in a country that allows their name to be defamed irresponsibly and prejudicially. I do not know of another civilised nation where the serving army past and present is allowed to be held in contempt. Applause for all who helped

You are correct mate some of the Scottish Councils should hang their Heads in Shame of the Treatment and Contempt they have for our Armed Forces.

Edinburgh is the worst for Housing, and Wellfare, although slowly with the help of 1St point Veterans ,they are slowly improving. Just.

But their Housing department are absolutely Fucking Atrocious.

And, I mean Atrocious.

Of course it is the epicentre of Scottish Nationalism ,which is intrinsically related to Irish Nationalism.Without doubt.

Much of a Muchness really.

watching the British Legion on bbc, wow when they surprised that wee girl with her dad who she thought was still serving, the tears were blinding me, some of the stories and memories makes you just glow with pride. sorry but salmond can do one, from one scot who is wholeheartedly proud to be British

:7325:

So humbling mate...and class personified......

I do not know of another civilised nation where the serving army past and present is allowed to be held in contempt. Applause for all who helped

Germany is even worse:

Veterans are not only shunned but treated as lepers pretty much.

I believe all soldiers who fell serving their country ought be given respect. The Politicians who start the wars not so.

I stayed up (as normal) until 5,00 in the morning to watch the game and the highlight for me was the impeccable display from all concerned during the pre-game tribute to those brave people who fought for their country,some who paid the ultimate price.

Well done to our Club, the military, the players and supporters from both clubs and the volunteers who made the card display so impressive for showing the footballing world what real pride and dignity stands for.

As I arrived outside the stadium yesterday a small contingent comprising of representatives from the Armed Forces together with Sandy Jardine laid four wreaths at the foot of the John Greig memorial statue followed by a minute’s silence.

There was one from the Army, one from the Air Force, one from our Club and one from Airdrieonion FC.

Spare a thought for us bears in the Govan we never get to see the display at the game, not even on the screens there are all these guys holding up coloured cards. Seriously though proud to take part.

By the way Paul Murray was in the Govan top tier yesterday and held his card up with the rest of us. First time I,ve seen him but to be honest seems an ok bloke but his dress sense was a bit iffy in my opinion.