Boxing and MMA

:lol: are you sure RANGERS media is the right place for you? Conspiracy theories, wife beating, a complete disregard for what you post and a clear misunderstanding of opinion and accusation... :shifty:

Regardless, go and watch the fight again. Preferably without jim watts ridiclious analysis (watch the American coverage and listen to their views and scoring). Watch how many clean shots porter lands (or doesn't). Now I agree it was not a landslide win but you clearly stated it was corrupt and that someone was paid....now that is an accusation....do you have anything to back it up?

If you look on twitter and boxing forums it's fool of people like you overreacting, making accusations and getting all hysterical about every aspect of the sport....

Calm down dear it's just boxing!

I never watch Sky's coverage any more because I hate Jim Watt. I much prefer the American one. I never knew Al Bernstein commentated on both Showtime and Channel 5. All the Showtime commentators were saying that Brook was landing the cleaner shots and had him winning.

It was a hard fight to score, but for me Brook won the fight by about 3-4 rounds. I think Porter tried to bully Brook, thinking he was the stronger fighter. Brook landed more and threw 200 less.

I was interested to hear what the Americans thought about the fight and 95% all believe the result was correct.

Al Bernstein was even flabbergasted at the scoring from Jim Watt on twitter yesterday

Sky should get rid of the guy

He ruins every fight for me with his negativity

:lol: I've just seen his score card. I hate him. I'll never watch sky boxing with him.

:lol:

Al Bernstein was even flabbergasted at the scoring from Jim Watt on twitter yesterday

http://www.boxingchannel.tv/al-bernstein-gives-his-post-fight-analysis-on-brooks-win-over-porter

One of the most respected commentators and analysers of boxing gives his views but no need to listen as our resident boxing expert (with his experience of other combat sports :lol:)is telling us its corrupt and that the judges were paid off.

I've watched it back and stay with my original opinion. Close fight, can make a case for both winning... draw may of been fairest result.

The 117 scorecard I just can't see. The 116 card is pushing it.

I'm no big boxing know it all by any means, watch boxing when the fight interests me and when I watched the fight that's how I called it.

I thought Shawn Porter had won it purely due to being in LA but Brook was cleaner and more effective with his punches, I also thought Porter under a different ref could have had a points deduction due to his recklessness of his head.

Decision could have went either way, a rematch should be on the cards and I think Kell would win by a greater margin (ref scorecards said he did but fight was alot closer than they suggest) in a second fight with more confidence and experience at that level.

I'm no big boxing know it all by any means, watch boxing when the fight interests me and when I watched the fight that's how I called it.

I thought Shawn Porter had won it purely due to being in LA but Brook was cleaner and more effective with his punches, I also thought Porter under a different ref could have had a points deduction due to his recklessness of his head.

Decision could have went either way, a rematch should be on the cards and I think Kell would win by a greater margin (ref scorecards said he did but fight was alot closer than they suggest) in a second fight with more confidence and experience at that level.

No chance of a rematch mate. Firstly as great as it was to see Brook win, it wasnt a great fight and I doubt the broadcasters would be to keen on it. I think Brook will take a gimme defence in Sheffield then next May fight Khan at Wembley, unless Khan gets Mayweather. Brook is in a great position though as he doesnt have a mandatory or a rematch clause so can pretty much pick who he wants next and Pacman could be an option which would be a great spectacle.

No chance of a rematch mate. Firstly as great as it was to see Brook win, it wasnt a great fight and I doubt the broadcasters would be to keen on it. I think Brook will take a gimme defence in Sheffield then next May fight Khan at Wembley, unless Khan gets Mayweather. Brook is in a great position though as he doesnt have a mandatory or a rematch clause so can pretty much pick who he wants next and Pacman could be an option which would be a great spectacle.

Agreed.

Marquez, Pacquiao, Mayweather or Khan next spring. Anybody else will be disapointing. Already talk of Brook defending against Brandon Rios in Sheffield on 6th December.

I've honestly never seen anyone score fights as badly as him on a consistent basis , he had Valuev beating comfortably beating haye . The problem is it does effect peoples perception of fights the bonus is you can win a few quid online taking advantage of the odds.

As for brook for me the scoring wasn't the best but I think he certainly did enough .

Anyone keeping track of the 50 cent Mayweather stuff on instagram etc? 50 challenging Floyd to read a page of a harry potter book and he will donate 750k to.any charity.

Just saw on worldstar a recording of Floyd trying to read a radio introduction thing, :lol: it's embarrassing lmao

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshh3eNR1ZEVfB6tjggS

Anyone keeping track of the 50 cent Mayweather stuff on instagram etc? 50 challenging Floyd to read a page of a harry potter book and he will donate 750k to.any charity.

Just saw on worldstar a recording of Floyd trying to read a radio introduction thing, :lol: it's embarrassing lmao

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshh3eNR1ZEVfB6tjggS

The guys obviously not the best reader....he may be dyslexic but when your a multi millionaire and the best boxer of his generation I doubt hel really give a fuck....

The guys obviously not the best reader....he may be dyslexic but when your a multi millionaire and the best boxer of his generation I doubt hel really give a fuck....

He will. whats one of if not the biggest thing with Mayweather? His ego, hes being embarrassed to millions he will be hating it.

That is ridiculous. On paper it was already looking like a very poor card but to lose its main event the day before the fight is unreal. Barao has always found the weight cut tough from stuff I've read and was waiting for Aldo to eventually move up a weight to allow him to fight at 145.