David Robertson

GOAT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had sticky fingers in the dressing room due to an outrageous gambling habit, stealing from players and the like. once he was found out he barely got mention at Ibrox again. The Gaffer made sure he didn't kick another ball for rangers when he tried to deny the help the club where offering.

had sticky fingers in the dressing room due to an outrageous gambling habit, stealing from players and the like. once he was found out he barely got mention at Ibrox again. The Gaffer made sure he didn't kick another ball for rangers when he tried to deny the help the club where offering.

I've honestly never heard this before. I thought there was a falling out between him and Craig Brown or maybe even Andy Roxburgh to suggest why he'd not been selected for Scotland but I've just read an article where Robertson is pleading to be picked for France 98.

I

:matron: Never knew that :(

Best left back we've had in my 30 odd years watching Rangers. He was consistently phenomenal.Remind me, who was keeping him out of the Scotland team?

How many times have you watched Rangers in those 30 years? Numan was miles ahead of him as a player. Probably even Wallace too.

I've honestly never heard this before. I thought there was a falling out between him and Craig Brown or maybe even Andy Roxburgh to suggest why he'd not been selected for Scotland but I've just read an article where Robertson is pleading to be picked for France 98.

I

Memory may be faulty, but as I recall, he took the huff at being taken on some away trip with Scotland and not getting off the subs bench and so declined to be selected again.

Total and utter pish

Just following up on another thread, what a player he was for us. But he doesn't seem to get the praise the likes of Numan got for us.

Also, how did he only manage to get capped three times for Scotland?

I rated him highly but I think his fortunes dipped so badly after us that his lack of caps was inevitable.