how good was sergio porrini

stuvah

I was only a lad when he played for us but he was always one of my favourite players. I was talking to my old man about him yesterday and he said he was average at best, can any of the older bears who would remember him better shed any light on this lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way, I can't remember too much about him and considered him nothing more than a makeweight. Certainly not memorable.

id say our top scorer and a goal phenomenon shagging his wife then Porrini battering him and Negri taking a 2 year huff is pretty memorable but as for the actual football id probably agree

Mind he scored a cracker of a goal at Ibrox against St Johnstone or Dunfermline (canny mind which) in 1 -0 win at Ibrox under Advocaat. Smacked it into the roof of the net from the corner of the box in front of the Copland.

St Johnstone on boxing day, klos's debut and Hendry got sent off.

Good player. Solid reliable defender and a really nice guy who seemed to enjoy his time at the Gers. Reckoned that the game in Scotland was all about 'rush' and that players didnt get enough time on the ball. Felt the hussle and bustle of the game in Scotland harmed Rangers when it came to European games.