Documentary: The Football War

The Rangers FC

I did state it was "FAIRLY balanced with a few INACCURACIES"

It seems a few of you have went out of your way to find these inaccuracies.

The 'INACCURACIES' where about Rangers so that makes it FAIRLY unbalanced in my view , they could have edited the 25 mins down to 5 secs by just saying Rangers = Bad.... Celtic = Good .

Did that fecking journo at the end say that Rangers fans cannot accept the fact the were born in Scotland and cannot accept the fact we are Scottish? What the f*ck does he think the famine song is all about? Maybe we can have it back as a "Political statement" like UKIP would.

We can now have "Scottish Irish" but cannot have "Scottish Unionists"? for god sake what a report.

Oh and let's ignore the fact the feckers fight everywhere they go 9rarely reported) or the fact that they boo our honoured dead (many of whom are Scottish & Irish). About as ballanced as a hippo on one side of the see saw and my cat on the other.

After about nearly 5 minutes of that I decided to give it up. Maybe that's not fair, but I doubted very much that they were going to 'expose' how the roman church has infiltrated the labour party and commenced to pass laws favouring any one that 'claims' to be Irish, having policies in local government favouring the employment and housing of said Irish links. 5 minutes might not seem like a long time to judge it, but it was enough for me of the 'poor wee me club' type of shite propaganda that passes for reporting.

That's a sneaky hatchet job. Started off not too badly, but it soon descended into an anti-Rangers diatribe.

'Officially they're non-denominational schools, but really most people know them as protestant schools' - yeah, and whose fault is that?

Links to fascism and the Ku Klux Klan gratuitously thrown in.

Billy Boys, Famine Song analysed in depth whilst barely touching on their songs.

The two experts involved were clearly from the Celtic side of the fence. No experts that might give any view that might highlight Celtic as equal contributors to sectarianism. They came out with the following:

'Celtic songs purely political and unambiguously non-sectarian'

They said Celtic fans sing about being attacked and defending themselves, whilst Rangers fans sing about glorifying that they did occupy a country.

Rangers = imperialism, Celtic = oppression, implying Rangers being the aggressors.

In the summary Rangers were described as suffering humiliation and disgrace. He asked if Rangers fans would be able to find an identity which isn't rooted in the English establishment, defeating of Cathlics in a battle 300 years ago. They didn't ask similar questions of Celtic fans.

'They don't like Scotland. They want to be English.' - From the supposed expert journalist. Irony overload in that statement coming from a quasi-Irish Celtic fan.

It was a Rangers-centric documentary as usual. All of the individuals involved were only really questioned on Rangers fans behaviour. The experts and Celtic fans took issue with Rangers fans and Rangers fans replied to those issues. There was not a single instance where one of the experts questioned Celtic behaviour with a Celtic fan forced to defend it.

It would be clear from watching that, if you knew nothing about the situation, who the bad guys were.