One of my favourite nights as a Rangers supporter, even though I wasn't at Ibrox

OlegKuznetsov

I lived in London and worked in Hertfordshire at the time and was struggling to get somewhere to watch this game. Online, I was referred to a pub in Covent Garden, as I recall, that ironically went by the name of Greensleeves. I suspected the worst, but it seemed fine upon arrival. Unfortunately the game was being shown later on delay. The pub seemed to be packed with Chelsea fans which was somewhat reassuring. Then we got a few updates and then, a little later, our game started and the pub broke out into The Bouncey in complete harmony. Here I was in the middle of London, concerned about possibly missing the game, feeling more than a tad frustrated and isolated, but all was coming good. That occurred several times throughout the match and it was almost like watching it live. The atmosphere was amazing in that dingy little London tavern. Later on that night, upon finding the last tube on the Northern Line cancelled, I teamed up with a few girls to share a taxi. One of them, Jelena, a lovely Croatian lass, became very dear to me.

I'm sure other will have different memories of that night and all of them enjoyable. So, enjoy the video and perhaps share a few memories of your own, but do not take this to be a purely nostalgic thread, as I think it's worth realising that, although we may not quite reach that level of performance for years, we could well be back in the Chamions' League in less that three years time. Getting there should not be insurmountable for us, even if that standard will remain a goal for a few more years thereafter.

I hope it brings back good times for you too, and also gives you some hope for the not too distant future.

Never mind, see it now.

Aye, wasn't at Ibrox myself that night, but genuinely one of the best I have EVER seen us play.

Murray might be seen ss a cunt these days, but he gave me some of my favourite memories.

Its the badge on the front of the jersey that gave you the memories not anything else

We went top of the group after that game. Great atmosphere and a great night.

If I remember rightly Kanchelskis, Albertz and Amato where on the bench for us. Oh, how times have changed.

Aye.

The times, they are a-changing.

I did that especially for you, TWB.

can remember being at that game at the back of the main stand, the crowd starts doing the bouncy in the second half and i swear i can feel the metal under my feet vibrating with all the movement of the fans, fantastic and slightly unnerving at the same time

Holy crap. I was in the Greensleeves that night, I believe. Also for the Sturm Graz match if memory serves.

Small world, eh?

The bouncy was magnificent that night. I did go to another game or two there, but they're not such vivid memories.

Perhaps we should organise that for RM members in the South East when we're back in the CL. I'd maybe even pop down for it, if it was an away game.

We went top of the group after that game. Great atmosphere and a great night.

If I remember rightly Kanchelskis, Albertz and Amato where on the bench for us. Oh, how times have changed.

Indeed. (tu)

Rangers: Klos, Porrini, Moore, Amoruso, Ferguson, Van Bronckhorst, Mols, Wallace, Vidmar, McCann, McInnes.

Subs: Charbonnier, Kanchelskis, Albertz, Amato, Adamczuk, Wilson, Johansson.

PSV: Kralj, Faber, Heintze, Van Bommel, Khokhlov, Van Nistelrooy, Nilis, Vogel, Nikiforov, Stinga, Wielaert.

Subs: Lodewijks, Dirkx, Bruggink, Kolkka, Van Der Doelen, Addo, Rommedahl.

Referee: Perluigi Collina (Italy)

Mad Luigi was the ref that night too. I remember him being a total homer in a tie at Fenerbahcé. Sure it was a Champions League qualifier.

Seem to remember it was Ricksen that scored in a 2-1 reverse.

Was in the Enclosure that night. Everyone of the players were excellent that night. Wee McCann tore their right back a new one that night and Mols was different class.

We could have went all the way that year if we had just got a result in Munich. The two teams that got out of our group, Bayern and Valencia, both made the semi-finals that season and contested the final the following season.