Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

Surely not.

I blame the Internet for stuff like this. People die everyday, and each individual affects certain people, but when it someone famous people feel they have to go out their way to show they are affected by it.

I was ready to delete fb after that fast and the furious boy died.

He was taking his lead from them, but that was around 50 years ago and to ignore what he has done since walking free from Robin Island is just plain daft. Too many small minded folk on here.

If you can take off the rabid green tinted specs and actually read my first post you will see that I have NOT ignored what he did since leaving Robin Island but I guess when you are slavering away at the defence of a convicted terrorist it must be pretty hard to. Step away from the pube-encrusted keyboard you no doubt

possess...

Really hope we don't agree to it and if we do it gets booed

Couldn't give a shite about any "bad press" tbh

It's not that I agree with it because I don't, especially when you consider the hypocrisy of it in relation to remembrance day however I would urge all fans not to boo.....by all means don't support it, I won't be clapping or shedding any tears but if people make an issue of this it will be yet another stick for them to beat us with and for what???

It's not that I agree with it because I don't, especially when you consider the hypocrisy of it in relation to remembrance day however I would urge all fans not to boo.....by all means don't support it, I won't be clapping or shedding any tears but if people make an issue of this it will be yet another stick for them to beat us with and for what???

This, massively! The hypocrisy is clear for everyone to see outside of Scottish football.

Can anyone remind me please if there was any form of silence for mrs thatcher? Bearing in mind she was British prime minister and not some glorified ex terrorist?

Again, the media sets the agenda. Its culturally "ACCEPTABLE" to think Mandela was never involved in any violence. It is probably a complex situation with Mandela but tell the whole story and not cherry pick.

While Mandela has been a hero of mine for many years I'm not convinced of the need or merits of football in Scotland having a minute's applause in his memory. As a general principle, such gestures should have a reasonably strong link to the arena in which they take place e.g. Explayers dying, and it should not be forced upon people.

It is, though, clear that the hypocrisy of the Scottish footballing authorities is honking.

So it will be universal across Scottish grounds to hold a minute’s applause for Mandela – a man with unashamed links to Sinn Fein and the IRA – and yet there are clubs in Scotland who can’t even hold a tribute for the actual war dead of their country!?

Pathetic.

So it will be universal across Scottish grounds to hold a minute’s applause for Mandela – a man with unashamed links to Sinn Fein and the IRA – and yet there are clubs in Scotland who can’t even hold a tribute for the actual war dead of their country!?

Fuckin' Pathetic.

fixed that for you

For what? For booing a dead terrorist that's what