Alex Harvey - rangers man?

Crespo

Don't ask me why this came into my head but was he a gers fan?

From kinning park I know and doesn't come across as your typical football man but anyone know?

As an egalitarian revolutionary pacifist, he had no time for the nasty, stupid side of Glasgow rivalries, and spoke out against it.

But apparently that didn't stop him belting out a few popular songs for his pals (on request) behind the scenes now and then. ;)

Edit: Was I dreaming, or did I see an Alex Harvey biography on sale last week in Morrisons?

If you see it, get it. His story is an interesting one, though tragic.

As an egalitarian revolutionary pacifist, he had no time for the nasty, stupid side of Glasgow rivalries, and spoke out against it.

But apparently that didn't stop him belting out a few popular songs for his pals (on request) behind the scenes now and then. ;)

Edit: Was I dreaming, or did I see an Alex Harvey biography on sale last week in Morrisons?

If you see it, get it. His story is an interesting one, though tragic.

Love listening to Tomorrow Belongs To Me.

I saw Alex Harvey at ra Piggery, summer of '75?

The ticket was priced £5 and the 12 hour long line up was : Widowmaker, the Streetwalkers, The Outlaws, Little Feat, SAHB, The Who.

I admit I trapped to see Little Feat, a truly outstanding band. I was impressed by Harvey and the soulful Steve Ellis, the then lead singer of Widowmaker. Oh, and we buried a catering tin of tangerines a couple of feet under ra Piggery turf. See undergraduate humour, still it keeps mw warm thinking about it.

The ticket was priced £5 and the 12 hour long line up was : Widowmaker, the Streetwalkers, The Outlaws, Little Feat, SAHB, The Who.

I admit I trapped to see Little Feat, a truly outstanding band. I was impressed by Harvey and the soulful Steve Ellis, the then lead singer of Widowmaker. Oh, and we buried a catering tin of tangerines a couple of feet under ra Piggery turf. See undergraduate humour, still it keeps mw warm thinking about it.

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/who-ptbin-76-glasgow.html (tu)

Was there with my mate, we weren't so inventive but just made sure we went in the Rangers End and out the Rangers End. Apparently The Who were so loud that night they could be heard in Castlemilk.

Saw him live backing The Who in the early seventies, brilliant showman. Unfortunately the concert was at the Big Jock Knewcamp.

I posted a link above to a good review of that day.

here it is again (you might be in the photos)...

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/who-ptbin-76-glasgow.html