Taking off a center forward and putting on a right back

1st_Jan_1994

U know that's not even near my biggest issue with today. It was basically an extra body in faure in the middle of the park, which I get... If anything we should have been doing that earlier (although maybe 2 changes and take faure off as well) our midfield was second best most of the afternoon

I reckon Durrant has the starting 11 names in a bag and McDowall has the bench. Ally pulls a name out of each and that's the sub to be made.

Thats 2 games in a row he has shat it and brought clark off for foster. It doesn't matter how well clark is playing he will not be allowed to finish 90 minutes.

Easy to criticize him for it, at the end of the day if Airdrie had equalized and he'd not made a defensive substitution to hold onto it then he could have been criticized for that.

This is a lesser point for me, what concerns me more as a fan is why we weren't out of sight at the 85th minute point. It was partly due to missed chances and partly due to a poor performance that generates more of a concern for me as a fan then this tactical switch.

It isn't exciting to see but it is justifiable in my opinion (tu)

Easy to criticize him for it, at the end of the day if Airdrie had equalized and he'd not made a defensive substitution to hold onto it then he could have been criticized for that.

This is a lesser point for me, what concerns me more as a fan is why we weren't out of sight at the 85th minute point. It was partly due to missed chances and partly due to a poor performance that generates more of a concern for me as a fan then this tactical switch.

Eh? Airdrie nearly equalised because of it

Eh? Airdrie nearly equalised because of it

And if he'd done nothing and brought on an attacker and they'd equalized he could have got it on the neck for not shutting up shop

When you're winning a game with five minutes to go and you bring on a defender to see it out, it isn't the most illogical of decisions.

He made far worse decisions tonight in my book both regarding the line up and the subs. We should have changed things around much earlier than the 85th minute (tu)

Trying to hold on cost us against Stranraer.

We shouldn't be doing that at all at this level.

And if he'd done nothing and brought on an attacker and they'd equalized he could have got it on the neck for not shutting up shop

When you're winning a game with five minutes to go and you bring on a defender to see it out, it isn't the most illogical of decisions.

He made far worse decisions tonight in my book both regarding the line up and the subs. We should have changed things around much earlier than the 85th minute (tu)

I'm sorry but that reply In itself confirms and validates my fears about Ally as a manager

The negativity of it is infuriating, without trying to sound arrogant we should A not be in the position of hanging on to a 1-0 win against the 3rd tier bottom club and B if we are we should be looking to kill the game off not act like we are in the CL against Real Madrid, this negativity is trickling through to the players imo and i think that could be why we seem to get worse as the game goes on. The fear of dropping points is affecting our flow.

Trying to hold on cost us against Stranraer.

We shouldn't be doing that at all at this level.

It's less the trying to hold on with five minutes to go, it's why have we not put ourselves out of sight well before this that concerns me.

As you approach the last 20 minutes of a game you lead by one goal the opposition are going to start throwing caution to the wind and can get lucky. Bringing on a defender to try see it out makes sense on some level to me.

What I'm more annoyed about is why we didn't take our chances earlier and why our general performance throughout this game was poor.

Ally's mistakes in regards to the substitutions was not that he made this one in my opinion, it's that he didn't make a couple of changes around the 55-65 minute mark and introduce the likes of Shiels and/or Little to attempt to add to the scoreline and change things as we clearly weren't doing well in the second half

If he'd done that and it hadn't worked and we'd still been one up and then he'd introduced Foster I'd have been fine with it to be honest. (tu)

I'm sorry but that reply In itself confirms and validates my fears about Ally as a manager

I don't really see why anything I say should validate or confirm anything about Ally as a manager but fair enough.

The true judgement on him as a gaffer will arrive when we get back to the top flight.

Maybe he'll crash and burn, maybe he won't.

There are legitimate reasons to be cynical about Ally's management in my opinion but I believe on the whole he deserves to keep going (tu)

You've a continental pro licence like McCoist ya?

No...you're just some dafty in a pub.

I don't know if your aware but all you need is 6 grand for the pro licence

It's nothing to do with talent

I'll be a UEFA pro licence holder near year