The logic of Ally Mccoist the football manager!

scarkev

Ally is a guy who is part of the old pals brigade. Stevie Smith should never have been signed. He is injury prone, and not very good even at the division we are playing at. it's the same with Richard Foster. He is absolutely rubbish, bit because these 2 guys have played for us in the top flight, Ally signed them and never had a look at anyone else, hoping he signed the same player that was with us 3/4 years ago

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally is a guy who is part of the old pals brigade. Stevie Smith should never have been signed. He is injury prone, and not very good even at the division we are playing at. it's the same with Richard Foster. He is absolutely rubbish, bit because these 2 guys have played for us in the top flight, Ally signed them and never had a look at anyone else, hoping he signed the same player that was with us 3/4 years ago

Wrong we had a window remember that's how we got Templeton.....plus QP are a part time team so there are no professional contracts just compensation for training!

Your own logic is a bit fucked tbh.

By the time we'd played against him for the first time the only window we could have brought him in during had already been shut for 2 months. The next transfer window he was available to us he'd already went to Dundee United.

By the time we'd played against him for the first time the only window we could have brought him in during had already been shut for 2 months. The next transfer window he was available to us he'd already went to Dundee United.

He was a free transfer, we could have got him before Dundee United and after we played Queen's Park 4 times last season - provided he was happy to be a trialist like Law etc ... don't see why he wouldn't?

Sorry Colin, I never caught that mate!

:000000082::7325:

Either way i don't see it as something to cry about. The hypothetical could've/should've/would've threads are the absolute worst.

Fair enough but personally I think it's depressing that a guy that was a stand out on 2 of the 4 occasions last season that I seen anyway was available and we spend (at a guess) 5 times more on wages with Smith than he would have cost - now Everton want him after being a stand out this season for Dundee United.

It's alarming IMO

The transfer embargo had another bit to it in that we could not sign anybody over the age of 18, on top of that though we should be looking at promising young players from our own league.

We could have agreed a pre-contract with him just like utd did....

Ehh? We managed to sign law, daly, Clark etc etc on free transfers without green...

Yes that was because we had a different CEO for those transfers, Mathers negotiated their contracts and approved the signings. Remember Mathers being pleased with the deals he made.

No because he's proven he's a class act in the Scottish top flight which is our target level

A "class act" I didnt realise that, how many times have you seen him play in the spl.

Also the boy is a left back we already have the best left back in the country that has shown loyalty to the club. The boy would not have played, unless people are advocating that we signed him and then McCoist plays him out of position, but surely not

A "class act" I didnt realise that, how many times have you seen him play in the spl.

Also the boy is a left back we already have the best left back in the country that has shown loyalty to the club. The boy would not have played, unless people are advocating that we signed him and then McCoist plays him out of position, but surely not

Sorry there was me thinking only class acts get linked with big money moves to Everton how wrong I was :blink:

I agree we have the best left back in the country but the original point was cover instead of Smith or even cash in on Wallace as this boy is the real deal and ready made replacement - worst case scenario

Sorry there was me thinking only class acts get linked with big money moves to Everton how wrong I was :blink:

I agree we have the best left back in the country but the original point was cover instead of Smith or even cash in on Wallace as this boy is the real deal and ready made replacement - worst case scenario

Exactly it's not a case of Wallace vs Robertson but more if Robertson over smith.....the fact we chose smith tells you a lot about our backwards philosophies and financial mismanagement!