Charlie Telfer

Cammy. Watp.

One of the younger members of the u20s squad and was on the bench at the weekend. Heard great things about it him and has scored some crackers this season for the youth squad. Anyone who watches the young guys a lot.. is he a good prospect for us in the future?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

season ticket holder since he was a young lad im sure. I wouldn't have thought so.

According to Elfidelo on here there was 3 or 4 of the promising ones who weren't signing deals offered, I thought he mentioned telfer in that but I maybe wrong

According to Elfidelo on here there was 3 or 4 of the promising ones who weren't signing deals offered, I thought he mentioned telfer in that but I maybe wrong

He's not getting a chance, when he's done enough to merit it imo.

Tbh, I probably wouldn't in his position either. He'd be better moving on tbh. Same with Stoney.

i was going to put in here the reasons why this is a ridiculous question but instead im going to call you and utter fanny instead. you utter fanny.

aw shucks, the wee cunts having a meltdown

Both of you cut the personal stuff out. No need for it at all.

He is there or thereabouts the first team now, if he is good enough his chance will come, remember everyone going mental for the megahyped John Fleck to get a game, when he did everyone then wondered what all the fuss was about, he was ok and kept it simple I don't think he done anything at all special in the first team in all his games, if young Telfer thinks he can do better let him go (that's an if) Fraser Airds attitude seems just about spot on, he should be the immediate role model for any kid on the fringes, if they have more natural ability and Airds outlook they wont go far wrong

Charlie signed a one year deal last summer, so is out of contract again at the end of the season. The other player that turned down a new contract last summer was Stuart Urquhart who is now at Coventry City.

We had two youngsters on the bench last week, with seven subs I think two should be on the bench every week and the opportunity to let them gain experience be taken in games we have won comfortably.

You tend to find young players that get a chance with us are usually played out wide, whether that suits them or not! Telfer has been talked about for a long time but he seems to be behind Crawford, aird, etc.....with ally wanting to bring in more players and with 5 first team CM's ahead of him if the boy wants to play then he may be better moving on.....we have been winning games 3/4/5/6-0 at stages this season and no youngsters have been given a chance.....if they aren't going to be played now in the 3rd tier then what is the point? Before they know it they will be another 22 year old "youngster" and their career will have stalled!

Because of Sinclair I bet

agreed, boys like Telfer may or may not be the next big thing, their agents will know the difference in coaching at that level from Rangers to clubs like Everton, I'd not be surprised if their agents are telling the boy and his family that the best chance they'll have of reaching their potential will be at a club where the coaching is at a standaed designed to making young boys reach their maximum level.

Charlie signed a one year deal last summer, so is out of contract again at the end of the season. The other player that turned down a new contract last summer was Stuart Urquhart who is now at Coventry City.

We had two youngsters on the bench last week, with seven subs I think two should be on the bench every week and the opportunity to let them gain experience be taken in games we have won comfortably.

Ally only put 6 on the bench at the weekend so he could easily have put in another youngster to give him experience. Some might think Ally wanted to show the board how low in numbers the squad is!