Charlie Telfer

Cammy. Watp.

Ally only put 6 on the bench at the weekend so he could easily have put in another youngster to give him experience. Some might think Ally wanted to show the board how low in numbers the squad is!

IMo Boss, Ally would be playing a silly game if that is what his intention was, we will not get investment with our spending unchecked imo.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally only put 6 on the bench at the weekend so he could easily have put in another youngster to give him experience. Some might think Ally wanted to show the board how low in numbers the squad is!

that is definitely what he done, on the otherhand, if its true the lad Telfer is stalling on a new deal then you can't expect Ally to give a first team call up to a kid who has done nothing for the club and is holding the club to ransom, that would send out the wrong message, fuck us about and you'll be treated better.

Walter Smith hated the U21 rule and felt putting boys on the bench just because you have too did nothing for them as they didn't make it on merit, im guessing Ally has learned that view from him.

That’s what I don’t understand.

We have players like this young boy who could take up a slot on the bench no worries however choosing not to for the purpose of trying to say you need more players is horrendous management if indeed that is why Ally done this (I can’t think of any other reasons to do so).

that is definitely what he done, on the otherhand, if its true the lad Telfer is stalling on a new deal then you can't expect Ally to give a first team call up to a kid who has done nothing for the club and is holding the club to ransom, that would send out the wrong message, fuck us about and you'll be treated better.

Walter Smith hated the U21 rule and felt putting boys on the bench just because you have too did nothing for them as they didn't make it on merit, im guessing Ally has learned that view from him.

I share your opinion that you should be on the bench if you earned it, except I think that should apply to all players not just u21, cause we could have better u21 players than say cribari but yet he stays on the bench, what did he exactly do last season to warrant being put on the bench. If you can see where I am coming from.

I share your opinion that you should be on the bench if you earned it, except I think that should apply to all players not just u21, cause we could have better u21 players than say cribari but yet he stays on the bench, what did he exactly do last season to warrant being put on the bench. If you can see where I am coming from.

I can definitely see where your coming from and I agree, playing devils advocate here, McCoist signed the guy and probably trusted him more than the younger players to have him as at least back up, also, from a political point of view, Ally might not want to completely drop a player he has asked the club to bring in incase the club lose faith in his future requests.

IMo Boss, Ally would be playing a silly game if that is what his intention was, we will not get investment with our spending unchecked imo.

I also wonder whether that's why he played Shiels who, two goals apart, did nothing at all and wasn't (will never be?) ready for the first team. I would hate to believe that a 6 man bench and bringing Shiels back in were political moves by Ally.

Noticed on twitter that a youth player, Sam Lidington, has deceided to leave because he feels that's the best thing for his future. Now I've never heard of this boy before and therefore have no idea how good he is or might be but it does make you worry about the youth set up when you've already got boys like Urquhart leaving.

Heard Telfer's a good prospect so hopefully we see him get a run out sooner or later

Noticed on twitter that a youth player, Sam Lidington, has deceided to leave because he feels that's the best thing for his future. Now I've never heard of this boy before and therefore have no idea how good he is or might be but it does make you worry about the youth set up when you've already got boys like Urquhart leaving.

Heard Telfer's a good prospect so hopefully we see him get a run out sooner or later

I sadly see them all leaving for the good of their career. These boys, well some, will be playing with friends in the Scotland squad and will be hearing hiwntheybare getting on and what they are doing, and then comparing it to what they are doing at rangers, which is nothing first team prospect wise, and I have heard the raining ain't up to much either.

I sadly see them all leaving for the good of their career. These boys, well some, will be playing with friends in the Scotland squad and will be hearing hiwntheybare getting on and what they are doing, and then comparing it to what they are doing at rangers, which is nothing first team prospect wise, and I have heard the raining ain't up to much either.

WHAT?

He can't control the weather????? ALLY OUT!

:lol:

Yeah I can see a few leaving too and it's a pretty sad state of affairs. Basically every team in Scotland bar them and us are giving their top youth players a decent first team chance. Take Saturday for example, 2-0 up against East Fife at home with around 25 minutes left and we've got too young guys in Murdoch and Telfer sitting on they bench but we decide to only make one sub. Can just imagine how frustrating that would be

I don't know much about the lad but hear good things about him on here. The thing I've liked about the guys that have made it through recently, Macleod, Aird and Crawford is that they seem to have their heads screwed on. Aird and Crawford in particular you regularly hear about the effort they're putting in at training

Smith's argument was that he had better players available for the place on the bench, McCoist can't say that when he's not naming a full bench and the u21 rule has been scrapped, albeit there's the suggestion he was making a point to the board

Holding the club to ransom? Jesus wept.

There's a real misunderstanding to just how crucial first team football is in the development of a player between 17-20 years old. If some of the boys aren't going to get it, then it's understandable that some leave or are reluctant to sign a new contract.

Yes.

McCoist wouldn't play him anyway until he was at least 28. If he's good as people say he will be able to get another team that will play him.

Rangers fan or not.

It's the coaches at MP people should be asking questions of. Why are these young guys refusing to sign new deals? Because our coaches are fucking useless and getting paid for doing fuck all.

Holding the club to ransom? Jesus wept.

There's a real misunderstanding to just how crucial first team football is in the development of a player between 17-20 years old. If some of the boys aren't going to get it, then it's understandable that some leave or are reluctant to sign a new contract.

Awryt charlie hows it going. (tu)

Being serious though alot of Rangers fans would agree with you here. We have wasted money on players like Peralta smith, foster and steve simonsen. Why couldn't we have picked the best from our youth side to fill in these gaps for this season? Give them experience etc etc.....

Foster and smith hardly play in the 1st team as it is so the younger guys could have fitted in this season. Instead we giving away thousands of ££s per week to older players who can't get a game and in a couple of years time will leave for nothing.

It's a joke.

And we have enough experience in this team to get us through this league before anyone p[ops up with that shite excuse.

Barrie McKay shouldn't have been sent out on loan either he is good enough to be in our squad he's going to learn fuck all where he is just now.

Awryt charlie hows it going. (tu)

Being serious though alot of Rangers fans would agree with you here. We have wasted money on players like Peralta smith, foster and steve simonsen. Why couldn't we have picked the best from our youth side to fill in these gaps for this season? Give them experience etc etc.....

Foster and smith hardly play in the 1st team as it is so the younger guys could have fitted in this season. Instead we giving away thousands of ££s per week to older players who can't get a game and in a couple of years time will leave for nothing.

It's a joke.

And we have enough experience in this team to get us through this league before anyone p[ops up with that shite excuse.

Barrie McKay shouldn't have been sent out on loan either he is good enough to be in our squad he's going to learn fuck all where he is just now.

Ha

I just don't know what the thinking is. Worst case scenario, we lose a couple more games than we would have done but have a chance to see if any youths have the chance to play for us in future. I'm up for it. Aird seems to have improved a lot from the experience.

The McKay loan is a weird one. My guess is there must be something we don't know about.

i remember in the summer in the hong kong 7s our youth's got to the semi final's beating the likes of man city on the way. I know it's only 7's and 11's is a different game but it at least shows we can compete with the academy's with all the money on some level. Is our youth coaching actually that bad or are some of the people on this thread actually just wanting something to moan about?

McKay hasn't been good enough for the U20s, there was no reason to have him in the first team.

But he was good enough last season. I know it's a different league but East Fife were worse than several of the teams I watched last season.

I'd guess he's just lost focus.

But he was good enough last season. I know it's a different league but East Fife were worse than several of the teams I watched last season.

I'd guess he's just lost focus.

He was more than good enough for the first half of last season, I've heard his attitude has been a bit shite as well so maybe that's one of the reasons.