Goals conceded

Deanofwright

:lol: Lighten up. I've never claimed anything we've done in the last 18 months was an achievement.

It's an achievement that, despite numerous threats, no posters off this forum have met up for a 'square go' outside Ibrox or the Louden.

Who's threatened you?

Nobody, i was just referring to the differences in opinion that quickly turn into 'pm me a time and date and we can meet outside ibrox/louden/guys local boozer and i'll show you im not a taig/pussy/some other insult.'

You never seen that? Usually users with a low post count arguing with each other from what ive seen.

Anyway on topic, 8 goals conceded is some record - any stat guys know how many shots on target weve faced this year? Even when weve looked shaky, we never seem to face too many shots on goal.

Nobody, i was just referring to the differences in opinion that quickly turn into 'pm me a time and date and we can meet outside ibrox/louden/guys local boozer and i'll show you im not a taig/pussy/some other insult.'

You never seen that? Usually users with a low post count arguing with each other from what ive seen.

Anyway on topic, 8 goals conceded is some record - any stat guys know how many shots on target weve faced this year? Even when weve looked shaky, we never seem to face too many shots on goal.

I have seen it on the odd occasion just seemed like an odd thing to bring up

8 is far to fucking much in my opinion and it's totally mccoist a fault, he should walk now he's an utter embarrassment !!

Just kidding, does anybody know what the record for least amount of goals conceded in a scottish season ?

So far, it's joint between Clydebank in the 1975/76 League 1 and C*ltic in the 1897-98 season

Both conceded only 13 goals

We can still do this

So far, it's joint between Clydebank in the 1975/76 League 1 and C*ltic in the 1897-98 season

Both conceded only 13 goals

We can still do this

We need 12 or less then.

Unlikely. Ally will bring a lot of youngsters through during the last month or so of the season. They will lose a few goals.

15 clean sheets out of 21 is pretty good,

Clean sheets are a better indicator of defensive stability if you ask me as any defence can have an off day and concede a few goals (tu)

I think Moshni and Jig are better defensively than people give them credit for. They do their job, the odd mistake aye but on the whole

I think Moshni and Jig are better defensively than people give them credit for. They do their job, the odd mistake aye but on the whole

Agreed five clean sheets on the bounce is pretty decent as well, can't really have a moan at the backline in recent weeks but we need more from our forward players (tu)

Agreed five clean sheets on the bounce is pretty decent as well, can't really have a moan at the backline in recent weeks but we need more from our forward players (tu)

It's the midfield and forward areas that annoy me - no issue with the defensive side of things

We need 12 or less then.

Unlikely. Ally will bring a lot of youngsters through during the last month or so of the season. They will lose a few goals.

Unlikely, maybe - but it's not undoable.

As long as we don't repeat the Brechin fiasco, we've only conceded one goal in all our games without a cleansheet.

Assuming we play the rest of the season as we have, since the 10th August we have conceded 0.42 goals per game

We have 17 games left this season, and so we are on track to a conceding another 7 goals

We need to step it up, but it's not unthinkable - if the Brechin result was only 4-1 - in line with our other results, we would be conceding 0.31 goals per game, and so would be in line to conceding only 5 more goals - taking us in line to match the record

Would have cantered to the record had it not been for bloody Brechin.

Amazing to think that they are responsible for 50% of our goals conceded. :lol:

That was a very tense game.

The satellites were down, so there was no link - I had to listen to it on the radio.

Every time someone scored, I'd shit myself it was them.

Never want a repeat of that again, but at the same time I loved it

Unlikely, maybe - but it's not undoable.

As long as we don't repeat the Brechin fiasco, we've only conceded one goal in all our games without a cleansheet.

Assuming we play the rest of the season as we have, since the 10th August we have conceded 0.42 goals per game

We have 17 games left this season, and so we are on track to a conceding another 7 goals

We need to step it up, but it's not unthinkable - if the Brechin result was only 4-1 - in line with our other results, we would be conceding 0.31 goals per game, and so would be in line to conceding only 5 more goals - taking us in line to match the record

I'd prefer we beat the record. Fuck sharing it with the taigs.