Tom English

BarrhillLoyal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you imagine the outrage if anybody came in as press officer when they are trying to stitch up the players for wage cuts?

If we got rid of Jack who by all accounts is an expensive consultant and replaced him with someone on a smaller annual salary I don't think too many would complain. Well actually plenty would complain as that is what most do on here - me included! :lol:

That was a good interview from both sides to be fair much as I can't stand English

I agree.

But what is really annoying me is that it seems to be ok for the present board to talk to Rangers haters.

Not one iota of criticism from anyone on here.

The silence is deafening.

I agree.

But what is really annoying me is that it seems to be ok for the present board to talk to Rangers haters.

Not one iota of criticism from anyone on here.

The silence is deafening.

It's not ideal but fans demand to hear from the board and if they used the official site there'd just be loads of stuff about it being run by Irvine etc. So not an easy situation.

Tom English will leave the Hootsmon with a good pay-off and remain firmly as a pundit on BBC Scotland. Pacific Quay CSC has a policy of only allowing one hack from each publication access to broadcast. Thus, with English going freelance, they can offer Glenn Gibbons, Andrew H Smith, Aidan Smith, ................................. etc a position to vent their hatred.

It's not ideal but fans demand to hear from the board and if they used the official site there'd just be loads of stuff about it being run by Irvine etc. So not an easy situation.

No,i understand that mate.

But there was plenty on here,handing out all sorts of nasty abuse to the req's for speaking to certain media outlets.

Now i trust Mr.Wallace but that doesn't mean we should not be critical of him or that we do not keep a close eye on the board.

Just seems to me that some are being somewhat 2 faced about it.

Like Spiers he has become a one-trick pony Rangers basher, his sports knowledge is limited especially in football. Again he mirrored Spiers in that limited knowledge, his future career like Spiers is secured in the notoriously un-knowledgeable and bigoted BBC, along with the other Rangers haters.

Thinking about it has anyone actually seen English and Spiers in the same room at the same time?

Yes! When Fury ripped Queersie a new one for lying on camera on STV. But strangley, his and Tom's eyes............ never met. Now there's a rumour that should be fanned to flame. :7325:

Amazing the amount of Irish Kaffliks doing well in Scotland isn't it? From MP's, to the judiciary to the media, they don't seem to be discriminated against.

Spiers and English are not brought to TV studios because they are good journos, they are regularly used to hate Rangers. If they didn't hate Rangers, they wouldn't be asked to appear.

Never a truer word said,and they will continue "ad nauseam", like the shitlikkers they will be, unto eternity, Amen. :7325:

But there was plenty on here,handing out all sorts of nasty abuse to the req's for speaking to certain media outlets.

Now i trust Mr.Wallace but that doesn't mean we should not be critical of him or that we do not keep a close eye on the board.

I can see what you mean mate and it's a fair point, but when it came to the requisitioners we kept on hearing how they were brilliant Rangers men with the best interests of the club at heart, the ones to take us forward etc no questions asked, so I think it's understandable some will pick up on these things a bit more with them. End of the day who they talk to in the media isn't the most important factor for any board member or potential board members.

There's a difference between one interview setting a few records straight and those giving interviews continiously that led to the record needing to be set straight.

Amazing the amount of Irish Kaffliks doing well in Scotland isn't it? From MP's, to the judiciary to the media, they don't seem to be discriminated against.

Spiers and English are not brought to TV studios because they are good journos, they are regularly used to hate Rangers. If they didn't hate Rangers, they wouldn't be asked to appear.

You might think i am splitting hairs but I don't think either "hate" Rangers.

They are just utter shitebags who know whats best for thier careers is this part of the world - depressing though that is.

There's a difference between one interview setting a few records straight and those giving interviews continiously that led to the record needing to be set straight.

That's crap and you know it.

Look im not having a go at mr.wallace for talking to him but we should be letting the board know that we are watching them very carefully.

It will take me a very long time(if ever)to trust a board member at face value.

No matter what side you supported at the agm,we are all bears,and we must watch the board like 50,000 hawks.

I can see what you mean mate and it's a fair point, but when it came to the requisitioners we kept on hearing how they were brilliant Rangers men with the best interests of the club at heart, the ones to take us forward etc no questions asked, so I think it's understandable some will pick up on these things a bit more with them. End of the day who they talk to in the media isn't the most important factor for any board member or potential board members.

Partly agree mate.

That's crap and you know it.

Look im not having a go at mr.wallace for talking to him but we should be letting the board know that we are watching them very carefully.

It will take me a very long time(if ever)to trust a board member at face value.

No matter what side you supported at the agm,we are all bears,and we must watch the board like 50,000 hawks.

Yes, its crap. None of the issues that Mr Wallace had to put to bed were perpetuated by the reqs.

Remind me again who it was who started the "Admin by Xmas" shite that Wallace had to put to bed in that interview?

Yes, its crap. None of the issues that Mr Wallace had to put to bed were perpetuated by the reqs.

Remind me again who it was who started the "Admin by Xmas" shite that Wallace had to put to bed in that interview?

So this interview HAD to be given to one of the most bitter Rangers haters?

A guy who tried to destroy our club.

Im not having a go at Wallace for giving the interview,im having a go at the almost total silence on this forum about it.

Im sure the interview could have been carried out by someone else.

We must never let any Rangers board,ever again,away with being anything but totally transparent in the way they run OUR club.

So this interview HAD to be given to one of the most bitter Rangers haters?

A guy who tried to destroy our club.

Im not having a go at Wallace for giving the interview,im having a go at the almost total silence on this forum about it.

Im sure the interview could have been carried out by someone else.

We must never let any Rangers board,ever again,away with being anything but totally transparent in the way they run OUR club.

I'll answer the question for you: It was David King. It was then perpetuated in numerous interviews with Paul Murray et al, along with many of the other accusations and insinuations Wallace had to put to bed.

And yes, it had to be English simply by the virtue that he is one of, if not The, biggest haters out there.

No-one can accuse Wallace of any shenanigans now, can they? PM can't now run to English and give him an interview saying the questions were hand picked, as would have happened had it been with Rangerstv.

If you can't trust, then you can't be trusted.

You decry English but yet you give him what he wants: your constant paranoia of anyone on the Rangers board. They created the wedge and you've accepted it quite happily.

I'll answer the question for you: It was David King. It was then perpetuated in numerous interviews with Paul Murray et al, along with many of the other accusations and insinuations Wallace had to put to bed.

And yes, it had to be English simply by the virtue that he is one of, if not The, biggest haters out there.

No-one can accuse Wallace of any shenanigans now, can they? PM can't now run to English and give him an interview saying the questions were hand picked, as would have happened had it been with Rangerstv.

If you can't trust, then you can't be trusted.

You decry English but yet you give him what he wants: your constant paranoia of anyone on the Rangers board. They created the wedge and you've accepted it quite happily.

If im paranoid about the board its with good reason.

Our club was almost destroyed while we sat back and believed every word the custodians of our club told us.

Well no more,aren't we all entitled to to question the board at every turn now.

If you want to give your 100% trust to the Rangers board then fine,but no matter who is on our board,some of us will be watching and scrutinising their every move.

And you say i decry English,aye,along with every other person on this forum.

This isn't anout whatever side you supported mate.

This is about all of us keeping a close eye on how our club is being run.

One of the req's has had a go at the board for cutting costs,well,he's wrong.

We've got to at least wait until the 120 days are up and then see where we stand.