News this morning regarding £1.5m loan

RangersFanBase

they can put money in without needing a return twice. first return is when they get paid back second time is when the share price rises as a concequence. nobody is asking them for the unreasonable. they could have raised the 1.5m through their companies taking out sponsership or one or more could have bought the naming rights to the academy. there are many ways for investors to invest that are mutually benifical unfortunately they only seem concerned with a cash return.

That would apply to anyone who wanted to help out the club, could equally put that question to King, who wants something for his money (such as it is)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GW really needs to clarify three issues.

The first is to confirm if we have used the 2.5 credit facility or not.

The second is did he asked other investors to provide finance as to me 30% APR is a lot of interest?

Thirdly we need clarification on what AE is paying as the wording in the statement can easily be misinterpreted and is poorly written. Is it no fee and no interest or is it just no interest?

Sorry but with some posters I do have to disagree lol. Don't mind different people having different views the world would be boring otherwise but it seems some people are only interested in the doom and gloom scenarios and only post in those circumstances.

I would never describe it as doom and gloom. It's being very sensitive and wary. We ALL want the best for our club regardless of our opinions that much is clear. If some people think that the current regime do not have the club before their own personal interests then why not question them.. It's for this board to prove me and others wrong and if they do then I'll be the first to apologise and lend my support . You have my word on that.

GW really needs to clarify three issues.

The first is to confirm if we have used the 2.5 credit facility or not.

The second is did he asked other investors to provide finance as to me 30% APR is a lot of interest?

Thirdly we need clarification on what AE is paying as the wording in the statement can easily be misinterpreted and is poorly written. Is it no fee and no interest or is it just no interest?

first- no it's not been used

second- the apr is not 30%, the fee is not based on interest so will be £150,000

third- Easdales part of the facility is no interest and no fee

second- the apr is not 30%, the fee is not based on interest so will be £150,000

It is not quoted as interest but it is £150k for providing a £1m loan over 6 months. In Wonga terms, that is 30% APR.

Not being a business guru, can someone more commercially experienced tell me how common is it that a company's own shareholders lends money to said company and secures it against assets.

Really seems to the Lehman like yet another corporate gangbang.

On another note, when Whyte was in office this place in general blamed everything on Murray and followed Whyte blindly into near oblivion. Then came Green who despite spouting endless obvious lies was supported to the hilt, with Whyte being the fall guy. Enter Wallace, the shit starts flying, again, and guess who goes under the bus? The saviour himself, Green.

There is a pattern here which might be sheer coincidence but should be noted folks.

The alarm bells start ringing in my ears the minute these guys get caught out spinning blatant lies.

I get the feeling they think we are gullible simpletons.

They might be right.

It's an absolute disgrace that money from the IPO was used to buy Albion Car Park and Edminston House, for around £4m and now we have secured a £1.5m loan with both. So if we default, we lose £4m of property.

What next? Take a loan for £5m and secure it with Ibrox?

The Metro bank loan facility might have had a higher than normal interest rate but Stockbridge told us it was an unsecured facility.

If we default then the properties could be sold, but we would still only owe £1.5m, so any excess would come back to us, all things being equal. (tu)

It is not quoted as interest but it is £150k for providing a £1m loan over 6 months. In Wonga terms, that is 30% APR.

not true, by that logic what if we only use 150,000 of the credit facility then the apr is 200%, it's a payment fee based on the amount of the facility available therefore should only be quoted as 15%

If we default then the properties could be sold, but we would still only owe £1.5m, so any excess would come back to us, all things being equal. (tu)

Not quite. We don't sell it, do we? So Mr Laxey could sell them to Mrs Laxey for £1.5m and he gets his money and Easdale gets his - with the two properties being out of our hands.

I know that is a tad OTT in terms of scenario's but if we had silent investors who were in it to strip assets, this is a good way for them to start.

not true, by that logic what if we only use 150,000 of the credit facility then the apr is 200%, it's a payment fee based on the amount of the facility available therefore should only be quoted as 15%

Whether we use it or not, we are paying 15% of the loan amount and as that loan is over 6 months, it is undeniably equivalent to 30% APR

Not quite. We don't sell it, do we? So Mr Laxey could sell them to Mrs Laxey for £1.5m and he gets his money and Easdale gets his - with the two properties being out of our hands.

I know that is a tad OTT in terms of scenario's but if we had silent investors who were in it to strip assets, this is a good way for them to start.

No, I dont think so as that would be....well illegal and extremely dodgy. And yes it is a tad OTT.

If we default and cant afford to pay our creditors then Laxey and Easdales could force the sale of the properties to be repaid or essentially it could be administration 2 in which administrators would conduct the sale. Not Mr Laxey. (tu)

Whether we use it or not, we are paying 15% of the loan amount and as that loan is over 6 months, it is undeniably equivalent to 30% APR

To be fair, from your description, its actually 30% Flat rate of interest(if it was interest) and not APR. APR would be higher than 30% (tu)

With respect Stu, your opinion is relevant but I'm sure you don't speak for GW. It's GW or JI via twitter who needs to confirm or clarify these questions.

No, I dont think so as that would be....well illegal and extremely dodgy. And yes it is a tad OTT.

If we default and cant afford to pay our creditors then Laxey and Easdales could force the sale of the properties to be repaid or essentially it could be administration 2 in which administrators would conduct the sale. Not Mr Laxey. (tu)

The creditor takes possession of the security and can sell it to the highest bidder - even if that means less than the due amount. My OTT scenario may be just that but Laxey & Easdale could take possession and sell for £1.5m to any bidder they wish.

The creditor takes possession of the security and can sell it to the highest bidder - even if that means less than the due amount. My OTT scenario may be just that but Laxey & Easdale could take possession and sell for £1.5m to any bidder they wish.

It is OTT but point taken i guess. I was going down administration line where they would have a secured charge and therefore get first dibs at their money before any/all others but only to the value of their loan. (tu)