Nail your colours to the mast.

EatDolphins

538 members have voted

1. 1. The way forward

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't even need to be as complex as that.

Once we got booted into SD3 it should have been a case of back to the SPL as quickly and as cheaply as possible. A few veterans, a few youngsters and a couple of also rans would have been enough to see us to The Championship in the way that Gretna, Livingston, Alloa and Queen of the South went about achiveing promotions in recent years.

While that was on going the share issue should have been used to improve the infastructure of the club by building a scouting network, improving the youth set and stockpiling money for when we made it back to the SPL. That would have given them three years to get it up and running.

Some will obviously say we would have had issues with selling tickets but as the man who every fan trusts/trusted, McCoist could have come out laid out the vision and almost charmed the more sceptikal fans into buying into it too. Instead we signed a bunch of SPL players on the deals of their lives and talked about winning a domestic trophy which not only raised expectations, it set standards that the current pool are looking like being well short of achieving.

Now we have a load of decent at best SPL players on the deals of their lives, a load of players who are never good enough to play for us on decent length contracts, no scouting network, a reserve/U20 team full of youngsters who are undefeated over close to two seasons (IIRC) and still only one graduate in Macleod who has played anywhere near as many games as they must have expected to get once we were demoted and not a penny of the 20 million share issue left either.

The entire rebuild has been a farce from bottom to top and now we are 18 months away from the SPL with no money, a group of youngsters who have missed out on the best chance they will ever get to play first team football and a team full of players who are nowehere near good enough for the level we need to perform at.

It's just a complete mess really.

You see kids, this is what happens when you engage the brain cells - a fantastic post that's absolutely spot on.

We need to highlight the U20/Reserve team part. We were down two centre backs recently and I don't believe for a second that Ally considered Luca Gasparotto as a contender to fill in a couple of games.

Instead, he opts for the utterly-fucking-useless Cribari, a player who is so far past it that it makes me doubt how he ever coped in Serie A. That sums up Ally for me - why put effort into developing players when you can just throw money at it.

The club's a shambles and Ally's mismanagement may well cost millions to remedy.

At the end of the season we need a review. The fact is our record is good up till now but the on field performance is turning off the supporters. Next season is the most important; we have to lay down the squad for the championship and top league. We have to get it right.

Ally appears to have lost the support of the fans and this may effect money coming in to the club. Ally may have had his time and it is time to move on, I would hope that this means up stairs.

Should we sack Ally before he becomes the only manager in Britain to win a league and cup double this year or afterwards ?

I don't believe he'll win the Scottish Cup, simply because he's not good enough to get this team by Dundee United and then Aberdeen.

So, we might be looking at the end of the season with a League championship that was decided well before a ball was kicked and the Ramsdens Cup. Sorry, maybe it's just me, but I actually find that below-par given our resources.

Very, very, sad that out of 390 votes so far that only 40 of us want Ally to stay on.

For all that he's done for the club - I know he's been well rewarded- that things should come to this.

I sincerely hope Ally elects to go, with dignity, before he's pushed out. To be honest, I think his health looks to be suffering and he's aged enormously these last few years.

God bless you, sir. You will always be a legend.

Very, very, sad that out of 390 votes so far that only 40 of us want Ally to stay on.

For all that he's done for the club - I know he's been well rewarded- that things should come to this.

I sincerely hope Ally elects to go, with dignity, before he's pushed out. To be honest, I think his health looks to be suffering and he's aged enormously these last few years.

God bless you, sir. You will always be a legend.

well said mate especially the last line.i hope the hatred doesn't get any worse.the man would feel total shit if he looked in here.with all the shit surrounding the board, we r still in a cup final,scottish cup.and about to win league undefeated, I would say thats no fucking bad.

Once we got booted into SD3 it should have been a case of back to the SPL as quickly and as cheaply as possible. A few veterans, a few youngsters and a couple of also rans would have been enough to see us to The Championship in the way that Gretna, Livingston, Alloa and Queen of the South went about achiveing promotions in recent years.

While that was on going the share issue should have been used to improve the infastructure of the club by building a scouting network, improving the youth set and stockpiling money for when we made it back to the SPL. That would have given them three years to get it up and running.

Some will obviously say we would have had issues with selling tickets but as the man who every fan trusts/trusted, McCoist could have come out laid out the vision and almost charmed the more sceptikal fans into buying into it too. Instead we signed a bunch of SPL players on the deals of their lives and talked about winning a domestic trophy which not only raised expectations, it set standards that the current pool are looking like being well short of achieving.

Now we have a load of decent at best SPL players on the deals of their lives, a load of players who are never good enough to play for us on decent length contracts, no scouting network, a reserve/U20 team full of youngsters who are undefeated over close to two seasons (IIRC) and still only one graduate in Macleod who has played anywhere near as many games as they must have expected to get once we were demoted and not a penny of the 20 million share issue left either.

The entire rebuild has been a farce from bottom to top and now we are 18 months away from the SPL with no money, a group of youngsters who have missed out on the best chance they will ever get to play first team football and a team full of players who are nowehere near good enough for the level we need to perform at.

Brilliant post

(tu)

All out.

We have not progressed ( in footballing terms ) over last 2 seasons.

Yesterday just confirmed what I have been thinking over last few months.

The club needs change from top to bottom, footballing and financial management needs a major clear out.

what he says

I read this as complete and utter drivel!

You want to get back to the top without spending money, sign a load of cloggers that can get us up to the top, on short term deals that will not be renewed, but the performances are shit just now?

There is not a professional footballer in the world who would sign a short term contract with the biggest club in Scotland.

They have us over a barrel, and the sooner people see what we will have to go through the better.

We are still competing in 3 competitions but half the team look like the season is done and dusted. Drop Black and Law as they have both been abysmal recently. We are effectively playing with no midfield. Same thing happened this time last season. No motivation or composure on the pitch. We couldn't beat a team yesterday half of which were cramping after 70 minutes.

I don't post a lot but I'm a season ticket holder: problem is yesterday isn't even as bad as we get. I was at the Stranraer away game away and there was no composure from anyone on the pitch.

I still think McCoist has too much to deal with off the pitch even though he is not talking about it, but these players are really taking the piss sometimes. He needs to drop players that have been consistently poor and play some youth.

I have considered this question for a few days with mixed feelings and opposing views (and that's just my own).

As yet I have seen no evidence to suggest that McCoist is ever going to cut it as a Manager. However against that this years record on paper is excellent. His main mission is to ensure promotion, this he is clearly and easily going to achieve. However with the huge advantage he has been given in terms of the resources he has had at his disposal against those of his opponents then it could be argued that success in achieving that mission was always going to be a no brainer. I keep on hearing winning is everything, but I am not so sure that is the sole reason I attend Ibrox. Yes we are winning, but the style and effort on the Park is lacking. I am no longer enjoying watching Football matches when Rangers are playing as much as I have in the past. This then leads me to think of the effect on others and attendance- I cannot help thinking I note a slight decline both in numbers and atmosphere every time I go these days. What effect is this going to have, especially on the young. Where is the courage, commitment, skill and passion on the pitch? Where is the desire and pride in playing for our jersey.

Then I think back to Ally the player- courage, commitment, skill, passion, desire and pride. The overhead goal he scored on returning from a horrific injury... I will never forget the joy of that moment. How the hell does this not transmit to the current crop of players. Is it because of the behind the scenes battles? If so maybe we fans should take some responsibility for buying into one or other of the warring sides and giving them the oxygen to fight.

Clearly we have a problem, the longer we take to recognise the problem the greater the damage. We had a fantastic opportunity to rebuild and create our own home grown youthful team. Instead we appear to have employed mercenaries attracted by the wages rather than the honour of wearing our jersey. But then again who can blame them, and where is the leadership and example- even on half wages our Manager does very well out of the Club financially. Then again I sometimes wonder if the concept of a youthful talented Rangers team sweeping through the leagues was never more than a romantic dream.

So nailing my colours to the mast... Finally... Yes I would like to see a major change in culture on the footballing side at Ibrox. Ally McCoist still does have the opportunity to achieve that. But time is running out. In my opinion the remainder of this season is critical. I want to see signs of the qualities I have mentioned above. I can handle us drawing and losing games against other full time professional teams if I can see some seeds of hope for the future.

<<snip>> for brevity

So nailing my colours to the mast... Finally... Yes I would like to see a major change in culture on the footballing side at Ibrox. Ally McCoist still does have the opportunity to achieve that. But time is running out. In my opinion the remainder of this season is critical. I want to see signs of the qualities I have mentioned above. I can handle us drawing and losing games against other full time professional teams if I can see some seeds of hope for the future.

Beaujolais I see the difference being that Ally the player was motivated by a desire to win at all costs.

Ally the manager seems to be overwhelmed by a fear of losing not helped by the apparent indifference of his two coaches.

Beaujolais I see the difference being that Ally the player was motivated by a desire to win at all costs.

Ally the manager seems to be overwhelmed by a fear of losing not helped by the apparent indifference of his two coaches.

Agreed- it is that fear that is destroying him, that and the inability to make the hard decisions. He is a guy who appears to enjoy popularity and being one of the boys. Does he have it in him to sack His mates?

Agreed- it is that fear that is destroying him, that and the inability to make the hard decisions. He is a guy who appears to enjoy popularity and being one of the boys. Does he have it in him to sack His mates?

That's why we need a manager who will kick a hair drier or boot a player from the team for a p1ss poor performance, to keep them on their toes.

Ally can go into PR or Ambassador role, talk to potential new recruits and/or seduce the media, get in someone who will fecking drag your ars3 over the coals for a sh1t performance or training session and deliver a proper b0llocking reminding the players just who they play for.

You want to get back to the top without spending money, sign a load of cloggers that can get us up to the top, on short term deals that will not be renewed, but the performances are shit just now?

There is not a professional footballer in the world who would sign a short term contract with the biggest club in Scotland.

They have us over a barrel, and the sooner people see what we will have to go through the better.

How many other clubs have needed to spend 12 million pounds on wages and go through a 20 million share issue to negotiate the Scottish third and second divisions? It's absolutely farcical on a number of levels and I can't believe there are people so willing to accept it simply because "we are the Rangers" and that's what we have to go through.

I wanted us to get to either the championship or the top flight by spending as little as possible and I think we could have done it with ease. As I said in my post plenty of other clubs have managed it. Once we got there then that's when the money raised in the share issue should have been invested in players who are truly good enough to take us on to the level required.

I'm in the minority and people will say it's a fantasy but I would have been able to live with or accept the level of substandard performances that we are going through at the moment if it was mainly a learning curve for a number of younger players and the team had a number of lowly payed lower league players who realistically weren't even going to be in the team in a couple of years time.

Signing SPL players like Black, Sandaza, Foster, Shiels, Daly, Bell, Law, Mohnsi etc was all fine and well for selling tickets and raising expectations (it did the same to me when they came on board) but in reality it was simply a case of us signing a load of players who allowed us to crack the lower league nut with a sledgehammer rather than a nutcracker and it's been one if the factors that has left us in the shit now.

With the stupid logic people like you hold we would be bust before the years out again.