Bilel Mohsni - top guy.

RangersMedia

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are muslim football leagues.

Even the muslims who do play in this country never seem to reach a decent level.

So i stand by my comment that they are shite at football but i hope this changes.

They are hugely under represented though. To have a significant number reaching the top, you need a large number to be playing. From my experience they play less, for whatever reason. I currently know two Muslims. Both play cricket and both suggest their communities are more interested in that than football. Not exactly scientific, I know. And I'm not sure why beyond historical ties to cricket. They are obviously not inherently shite, as your initial post implies (whether or not you intend it to imply that, it does). A religion does not make a person shite at football. That would be ridiculous. But yes, there may be cultural reasons why they don't play so much. The OP would be a good person to ask.

I know. Realised that and deleted post. UKIp is on a mission that I don't share. Any right minded Bear would know better than to listen to his borderline rascist rants. Shame on him.

It's racist ,not rascist by the way.

Im pointing out that this country has a shortage of muslim footballers because they are not reaching a high enough level.

This makes me racist?

This is a widely held view in the coaching community.

Some of you people look for racism where there is none.

What is it uk wide?

Muslim communities are not producing footballers of any decent standard.

This is widely accepted.

Their love of cricket is partly to blame.

Football is a second sport in many families.

approx 5%. They should be better represented.It was the way you worded your first post that was funny.

They are hugely under represented though. To have a significant number reaching the top, you need a large number to be playing. From my experience they play less, for whatever reason. I currently know two Muslims. Both play cricket and both suggest their communities are more interested in that than football. Not exactly scientific, I know. And I'm not sure why beyond historical ties to cricket. They are obviously not inherently shite, as your initial post implies (whether or not you intend it to imply that, it does). A religion does not make a person shite at football. That would be ridiculous. But yes, there may be cultural reasons why they don't play so much. The OP would be a good person to ask.

You have said basically the same as me yet ive just been branded racist.

As ive just said in another post.

Some people look for racism where there is none.

PS the muslim boy i spoke to told me the same as your friends

It's racist ,not rascist by the way.

Im pointing out that this country has a shortage of muslim footballers because they are not reaching a high enough level.

This makes me racist?

This is a widely held view in the coaching community.

Some of you people look for racism where there is none.

I see your point now. Fair enough. I read back and I was too fast to judge you. I still rate big Moshni. No matter his religious beliefs he is a Ranger in the making imo. We could do with more men like him.

You have said basically the same as me yet ive just been branded racist.

As ive just said in another post.

Some people look for racism where there is none.

PS the muslim boy i spoke to told me the same as your friends

It helps if you don't start with 'Muslims are shite at football'. It is at best clumsy/lazy and at worst shows prejudice. Your reputation probably doesn't help. On this occasion I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that it was just a lazy way to phrase your post.

It helps if you don't start with 'Muslims are shite at football'. It is at best clumsy/lazy and at worst shows prejudice. Your reputation probably doesn't help. On this occasion I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that it was just a lazy way to phrase your post.

This.

How do you know they don't and just keep quiet about it?

If they do it's not something they should keep quiet about. We need all the good PR we can get.

I'm pretty sure word would get around anyway if a Rangers player was doing something like this. Just as it has here. Moshni wasn't exactly broadcasting it himself.

Aye, he should be training at 8/9 o'clock at night. :rolleyes:

For once, one of our players is out in his local community acting like a true Ranger should and people are having a go. Couldn't make it up.

Superb for Bilel. Seems one of the most genuine guys at our club- they are few and far between these days.

The players should be housed at Auchenhowie and be studying the game all day