Baz wants to manage us eventually

A.T.G

Explain how Plg was a clown please?? Modern thinking manager who came here only to discover our players were still trapped in the eighties!! That guy would have done a right good job if guys like Barry Backwards hadnt made his life impossible

To be fair PLG has hardly set the heather alight since leaving.

Saying that, would take him over mccoist. At least he had the players fit.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got unwavering believe that Barry Ferguson, if he sets his mind to it, will be a great manager -anything can be taught//trained (Mourinho wasn't born a great manager nor was fergie or Walter ) - he attained that winners mentality going through the ranks at Rangers and one day he will be manager because that's his vision. For Ally its come too soon; circumstances have dictated that - but just watching him on 'Goals on Sunday' pre the Raith game he striked me as someone who was not comfortable/confident...McCoist is undoubtedly a winner, but his self doubt is evident, it is the wrong time for him as a manager experience wise but that said I still think he'll find a way to get the doubters on board - its ultimately what winners do, what they thrive on!..Keep Believing

Barry was a good footballer who played under Advocaat. Ian Holloway was also a lover of playing good football. If Barry does well and comes back up the road wi a good apprenticeship under his belt then why not.

U may not agree with all he says but there's no arguing he's a true blue. (Who taught Dino Baggio a lesson)

If he could prove his ability's with Blackpool or another club and he got players playing the right way i don't see why not, he would have to dump his mates at the daylate rheble though but if he's good enough and can prove that i wont say no because he acted like a dick years ago. However he should NOT get the job purely because of who he is and his playing career with us, as we have seen that is a bad bad idea.

Ally had a column in the record

That unforgettable night when we beat fiorentina on penalties Barry Ferguson's childish , selfish behaviour took the shine off it for me.

All our players were standing in a line , arms round each other , Ferguson took the first penalty & missed. As he traipsed back to his team mates who tried to console him & put theyre arms round him , he pushed them away , growled at them & sat down yards from the rest of the team.

Fast forward 5 minutes , wee nacho sticks his penalty away , we're all going crazy & whose down the front, lording it up , face in the cameras , hugging his teammates , milking it big time?

Aye that's right , the same Barry Ferguson who had 5 minutes earlier spat his dummy out & told his own players to fuck off.

No real Rangers man would behave so appallingly in my opinion.

That unforgettable night when we beat fiorentina on penalties Barry Ferguson's childish , selfish behaviour took the shine off it for me.

All our players were standing in a line , arms round each other , Ferguson took the first penalty & missed. As he traipsed back to his team mates who tried to console him & put theyre arms round him , he pushed them away , growled at them & sat down yards from the rest of the team.

Fast forward 5 minutes , wee nacho sticks his penalty away , we're all going crazy & whose down the front, lording it up , face in the cameras , hugging his teammates , milking it big time?

Aye that's right , the same Barry Ferguson who had 5 minutes earlier spat his dummy out & told his own players to fuck off.

No real Rangers man would behave so appallingly in my opinion.

FFS I have heard it all now.

I like Baz alot and I wish him very well in his managerial career but I think it's now time to start moving away from bringing back past players/managers to come manage us. We need a person that has no affiliation to us to come in and bring in fresh idea's and concepts to our club and spark the footballing side of our club up again. If Barry has a very good record after numerous seasons instead of a flash in the pan good season and the position is available then by all means bring him in but not at the moment.

I've got unwavering believe that Barry Ferguson, if he sets his mind to it, will be a great manager -anything can be taught//trained (Mourinho wasn't born a great manager nor was fergie or Walter ) - he attained that winners mentality going through the ranks at Rangers and one day he will be manager because that's his vision. For Ally its come too soon; circumstances have dictated that - but just watching him on 'Goals on Sunday' pre the Raith game he striked me as someone who was not comfortable/confident...McCoist is undoubtedly a winner, but his self doubt is evident, it is the wrong time for him as a manager experience wise but that said I still think he'll find a way to get the doubters on board - its ultimately what winners do, what they thrive on!..Keep Believing

Aye very good mate. Words like this aren't going to take away the fact that Ally is not a manager. Doesn't matter what he's done in the past.

On their current trajectory, Blackpool are going down (into Football League One).

On that basis, it looks as if B.Ferguson's first challenge in football mangement will be to take Blackpool from Football League One back to the Championship.

Thats if he gets the job.