RIP Sandy Jardine

islandblue

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got to see him play but always heard other bears talking about how good he was. He was the glue that kept us together through the admin period and seemed like a proper gent. Despite not growing up watching him I am still gutted and sheding a tear.

I am truly heartbroken and devastated to hear this terrible news! What a great player, gentleman and class act! He will be sorely missed by both those who love Rangers and those outside our club who had the chance to meet him......RIP Sandy and put a word in for our great club with the man upstairs!

I'm of an age that remembers Sandy breaking into the first team, it was obvious from the very start that we had a star, the term had more meaning then in an era with players of an unbelievable calibre, still he was a stand out. A natural sprinter who could beat a man, pass and had a serious shot on him! Sandy Jardine is,was and always will be my hero and a true superstar. RIP Sandy

I thought he was on the road to recovery? Last thing I expected to hear today. I'm not the sort of guy who grieves on the Internet but rest in peace Sandy. I was never lucky enough to see you in the royal blue but I admired and respected your dignified stance through our recent troubles, like a proper Ranger. The Gods bless you Sandy Jardine.

Sad doesn't begin to describe how I feel after hearing this dreadful news.

An example to all current Rangers players present and future.

Never seen him play a bad game.

One of the first and best of the modern full backs.