RIP Sandy Jardine

islandblue

RIP Sandy, a truly great man and legend.

Too young to remember him playing but his actions over the past few years have epitomized everything it means to be a Ranger.

I hope everyone can put their differences aside and get to Ibrox on Saturday to give Sandy the send off he deserves - a packed house, rocking for 90 minutes.

Its what he would have wanted.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Smith@Steven26Smith 20m

Strong, proud, loyal and dignified. He is everything a Ranger should be. Rest in peace Sandy Jardine

Peter Lovenkrands@lovenkrands11 48m

So sad to hear @RFC_Official legend Sandy Jardine has past away:( a fantastic man! Thoughts are with his family and friends1f64f.png RIP LEGEND!!

Tragic, an absolute gem of a man and a player, I was lucky enough to be in Barcelona when we won the European Cup Winners Cup, and Sandy played a blinder that night, it's a huge loss to the Rangers family, condolences to his family, RIP Sandy, you will be sorely missed...

I am to young to ever see Sandy play but having watched some games back and as a figurehead for the fans Sandy will always be a legend to me. Saturday should not be a title party in my opinion but should be a tribute to a man who apitomised everything required in a ranger. He is a true Rangers and Scotland legend

Listen it was confirmed to me the other week he only had a couple of weeks to go. I'd suggest this will be true and well done to the papers for not intruding on his family and leaving him be.

Rip sandy a true legend of rangers

Well played for keeping this to yourself mate. Dignity.

Sandy I hope you Coop and Slim Jim are playing in heavens eleven.

Sandy - One of the greatest ever Rangers, Rip.

The words "great" and "legend" are often overused - Sandy was both.

I remember him getting moved into midfield quite simply because he was the best player at the club and was wasted at right back.

Also remember the night he man-marked the great Eusebio out of a match.

I was lucky enough to be at the Dryburgh Cup Final for his wonder goal against Celtic. Only to have it upstaged by THAT goal from Coops - Sandy never forgave him!!

Hard to believe we have lost them both.

Puts all the back-stabbing and in-fighting in perspective - Sandy deserved better for his club in his final days.

I hope EVERYONE involved in the current pissing contest consider their actions as they mourn a wonderful Ranger who will be remembered long after most of these carpet-baggers have long been forgotten.

Just heard about this and feel like I have been kicked in the stomach.

I have so much to thank Sandy Jardine for, when he played he was one of the best in the world and one of us. When things went wrong for us, he was one of very few that stood for Rangers, when others who should have acted better looked the other way Sandy didn’t, he stood for Rangers, gave us a voice, helped when it was dark and all those who wanted us destroyed gloated. He kept us moving forward, focused and alive.

I thank you Sandy, you were Rangers to the core and epitomised all that is good in our club and you were one of us.

I was lucky to see you play and later seeing the greater role in keeping our club alive that you took upon yourself. May you be at peace but I am saddened by your loss.

The club is a living testament to you. Thank you for all you have done for us.